What's new

Supergirl - season 5 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
New post-Crisis earth - same old dull stories. Lex and Lena should not be the only intriguing characters worth watching on a show called Supergirl.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I was hoping post crisis Lena would be changed but nope she still doing "I feel betrayed" junk.
So tiresome. :rolleyes:

Nice seeing Jesse Rath's sister Meaghan as a version of Bainiac 5.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Preview scene next episode. Winn returns. This is the first of 2 parts. Unfortunately the February 2 episode is a rerun so at least two weeks before the conclusion.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that both "Batwoman" and this show dealt this week with doppelgangers left over from the Earth-Prime merger during "Crisis", with a good version of a baddie on "Batwoman" and a bad version of a good guy on this show.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The doppelgangers don't make a lot of sense. Since things were changed at the beginning of time and fewer Earths were formed there shouldn't be doppelgangers from merged Earths. The Earths didn't merge, they never existed. It's just that somethings and places that originally existed on different Earths now happened on Earth Prime. If the Earths actually merged in the present then you might have doppelgangers.

Another point. Are there only going to be doppelgangers of the characters on the various shows? If doppelgangers exist, why aren't there thousand or millions of them? Why isn't there a vast homeless population of doppelgangers?

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Supergirl's 100th episode airing February 23 plot per TVLine:
Mxyzptlk returns with a proposition for Kara: What if she could go back in time and tell Lena her secret before Lex did? Would things turn out different? Looking back over key moments throughout the series, Kara must decide if she wants to change history to become friends with Lena again.”

Odette Annable (Reign), Chris Wood (Mon-El), and Sam Witwer (Agent Liberty) guest star.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Haven't yet seen this past weekend's episode, but I did have to laugh along with Brainiac's "Leroy Jenkins" charge.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't always care for Thomas Lennon, but he was a much better Mister Mxyzptlk than the actor who played the character in the second season. And I'm glad the end result was freeing Supergirl from her guilt around not telling Lena her secret identity.

It was nice to see Supergirl in the old uniform, too, though the wig they used to replicate her pre-bangs haircut was terrible.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I don't always care for Thomas Lennon, but he was a much better Mister Mxyzptlk than the actor who played the character in the second season. And I'm glad the end result was freeing Supergirl from her guilt around not telling Lena her secret identity.
I was glad for that result, though Supergirl putting Lena on notice seemed a bit heavy-handed by her.

Of course, if Mxyzptlk really wanted to make everything "right" he could have had Lena experience some or all the alternate realities as well. Then she would have understood what was at stake.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It was nice to see Supergirl in the old uniform, too, though the wig they used to replicate her pre-bangs haircut was terrible.

They certainly are inconsistent. In the crossover scene, that took place in the speedforce, between Kara and Ollie, she was in her skirt costume but she had her current hairstyle with the bangs. Maybe they used the wig on Supergirl because some of the scenes were from the original episodes combined with new footage. Still they should have put the wig on in the crossover to be consistent.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Super Mom! Melissa Benoist Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Husband Chris Wood

Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood tied the knot last September after first meeting on the Supergirl set in 2016 and getting engaged in February 2019

Melissa Benoist (L) and Chris Wood

MELISSA BENOIST/INSTAGRAM
Melissa Benoist is going to be a mom!

The Supergirl actress, 31, is expecting her first child with husband Chris Wood, the couple announced in joint Instagram posts on Wednesday.

Benoist and Wood, also 31, shared the same set of photos in reverse order: one featuring the couple’s dogs and Benoist holding up a tiny blue shirt, and another hilarious one of the mom-to-be resting her cheek on Wood’s shoulder from behind, wrapping her hands around his body while her husband poked his belly out to resemble a baby bump.

“A non-canine child is coming to our family very soon!!! wrote alongside his, “The photo is a joke but the news is real…!!! ”

I guess there is no way they can continue the series without a break. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Green Arrow and The Canaries has been picked up as a new series.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I guess there is no way they can continue the series without a break. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Green Arrow and The Canaries has been picked up as a new series.
It is alien baby time!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Pagey the youtube blogger mentioned today that the current season will end early with 20 episodes instead of 22 and then they will start filming next season early like in April instead of July. They would then take a break and resume filming after Melissa’s maternity leave.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From TVline

Supergirl, had filmed only some of its planned finale when production shut down. But rather than save that footage for next season (which we now know won’t air until Spring 2021), the show found ways to weave parts of it into Episode 19.

“[T]hey’re going to use some of that footage, but they’re writing a whole bunch of new stuff around it…,” Jon Cryer, who plays Lex Luthor, recently told PeopleTV.

Some of that “new stuff” comes in the form of simply dialogue, recorded remotely from quarantined actors’ homes. Melissa Benoist told TVLine on April 30, “I did some ADR [automated dialogue replacement] in my closet just the other day, actually. I recorded lines over Skype with our sound mixer.”

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I thought the finale was very good. It seemed like a complete finale and not something that ended an episode early. As they were able to use material shot for the incomplete episode 20, which was to be the finale, this felt like a real season finale unlike The Flash. Good job Supergirl team.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought the finale was very good. It seemed like a complete finale and not something that ended an episode early. As they were able to use material shot for the incomplete episode 20, which was to be the finale, this felt like a real season finale unlike The Flash. Good job Supergirl team.
Finally watched the finale. I couldn't tell that there was new dialogue over some of the footage. It would be interesting to know what was changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks