What's new

Supergirl - season 6 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From the Finale I Believe.

supergirl-series-finale-cw-watch.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I still have five episodes left. Tried to catch up tonight for the finale, but the show's just too awful these days to binge. After the "Kelly Olsen has important things to say about systemic racism" episode, I needed to take a breather. The show has such a simplistic view of so many things that when it tackles real world issues it gets particularly groan worthy.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I still have five episodes left. Tried to catch up tonight for the finale, but the show's just too awful these days to binge. After the "Kelly Olsen has important things to say about systemic racism" episode, I needed to take a breather. The show has such a simplistic view of so many things that when it tackles real world issues it gets particularly groan worthy.
I am in the same boat. No idea when I will catch up. I will probably watch the big Flash 5-parter before I finish this.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I started resuming watching the show. I now have the last 5 episodes to watch. This last one I saw about the Hope totem was really frustrating. I am hoping it went out on a strong note, but it will be a struggle a to get there.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm way behind - just finished the last season.

What started out as a fun series ended with a season that's just plain bad, continuing the cliffhanger from a not-that-good 5th season. Full of "message" episodes, unwanted/unneeded family drama, far too much "personal time" moments, even *more* added "super heroes" that do nothing but dilute the franchise, poor dialog, half baked story lines, more "message" episodes, blech. By mid-season the focus wasn't even on Supergirl that much with far too much focus on the supporting cast and personal drama, even tossing in a kid. The early season episodes, when Benoist was on maternity leave, featured Supergirl more. They even managed to ruin the excellent Lex Luthor from Jon Cryer (who, IMHO, was a very good Lex). And that stupidly large group of "super heroes" was called "Superfriends." How inane...

And that final episode? Pure drek. Just stop watching after the first 10 minutes and you'll have all you need without all the nothing but interpersonal junk filling the last part.

When/if I ever rewatch this series I'll just stop after season 3 or so.

Did I miss where they explain why Brainiac is sometimes green and sometimes not? There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am on the first part of the two-part series finale and I have to comment on some of the most ridiculous writing I have ever seen.

They are going to do this exchange of the totems for the kidnapped child. Brainiac comes up with this idea of using a magical satellite to focus the sun on Supergirl to super-charge her. For reason of demonstrating that the ends don't justify the means they need to take control of the satellite and charge her up above National City. First off, there is no way of slewing a satellite as quickly as they did. Second, there is no need to do so. Supergirl can fly. She could have gone to wherever it was pointed and attracted a lot less attention. And somehow J'onn J'onzz was going to cause a solar flare? And somehow whatever they were doing was going to depower the sun for 6 months? And they were going to go along with this?

One thing I am certain about this part of the episode, they didn't have a scientific consultant or didn't listen to one.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I finished "The Last Gauntlet" at lunch and watched the beginning of "Kara." Seeing them allowing Lex to defeat himself and Nyxly.

Just now I finished the rest of the series finale. As mentioned by folks above, the rest of the episode was wrapping up personal storylines. At the end of "Truth or Consequences" we saw Andrea realize that her playing fast and loose contributed to William's death, but it would have been good to have her actually say something about that in these two episodes. I did think it was good that they brought back so many characters from the first season. It was very good especially to see Cat Grant. A lot of it was really thick treacle, but at least it was consistent with what they've been doing the last few seasons.

It really is a shame that a series that started so strong deteriorated so much, but that seems to be the way of most of the CW superhero shows. Looking at the writers list, many have been there the whole time. I guess the key thing is from this part of the wikipedia article "The third season saw Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner become the series' executive producers and co-showrunners along with Kreisberg until his firing, following Adler's departure ... Both Queller and Rovner joined Supergirl midway through the first season as co-executive producer and consulting producer, respectively, with Rovner promoted to executive producer ahead of the second season." Their promotion heralded the decline. Queller and Rovner did write the story for the final episode, though Rob Wright & Derek Simon were responsible for the teleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks