JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, I've long thought having guests would (could) be a good idea. It's true though that any kind of public speaking is very difficult for some people. You don't know if it makes you uncomfortable until you do it, and most people never do it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great episode. Really enjoyed all the guests and their pandemic picks. Any or all of them would be great additions as recurring guests in the podcast.

Great job to @Sam Posten and @Brian Dobbs with the followup questions to learn more about your guests and their choices.

Really enjoyed listening this weekend. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My Desert Island picks:

Three Movies
Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
This was a high-school favorite. It's fun, light-hearted, endlessly quotable, and filled with nostalgia.

Amélie (2001)
This is a favorite of my wife and mine's. It's from the end of the era when I was most into movies, as a young adult. It's joyful. And it has one of my all-time favorite scores, so I'll have good music on the island.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
Finally, a movie from where I am now in life as a middle-aged-ish adult with a mortgage. The older I get, the fewer movies can re-wire my brain as they so easily did in my youth. Spider-Verse did that: it is the most amazing superhero movie I've seen in years. It is the most heartstoppingingly amazing animation experience I've had since Toy Story. And it is a wonderful story about friends and family.

Movie Franchise
Pixar Cinematic Universe
:)
MCU is the easy pick for shear quantity. But I don't really want to spend the rest of my days watching Avengers with a volleyball. And Star Wars...three movies from 30 years ago just isn't doing it for me right now. But if I can claim the Pixar oeuvre, that's pretty much everything I need cinematically.

TV Series
Futurama
I love this series. It's funny, smart, has a couple of truly heartfelt episodes, and some good commentaries. There are other great series, and I love modern streaming shows. But I'm on my third rewatch of Futurama currently, so I could get a fourth on my desert island.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Movie Franchise
Pixar Cinematic Universe
:)
MCU is the easy pick for shear quantity. But I don't really want to spend the rest of my days watching Avengers with a volleyball. And Star Wars...three movies from 30 years ago just isn't doing it for me right now. But if I can claim the Pixar oeuvre, that's pretty much everything I need cinematically.
An excellent choice.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Kind of sad to see this fall off the home page, but the Spoilers podcast is still at the top.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Spoilers episode is pinned (featured), but not this one (or technically the latest episode).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks