Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Sorry to hear I can't do anymore get togethers with you, but hope you enjoy Washington!
Thanks man. I had fun with our get togethers!

The discussion of (a) complex, multi-faceted, deeply organized, special-cased storage methdology vs (b) chaos reaffirmed my life decision to rip all my discs.
Touche!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I did a purge a couple years back and that cleared out a lot of space. Also, I think having limited space has helped me focus on what I really want as once I got them in boxes I said, "ok, 35 boxes should probably be the limit."

Also, I should clarify the majority of titles are in storage sleeves, not amaray cases, so that adds more space.

How do you deal with additions?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Nothing fancy at my house. Movies, TV Shows, Special Interest, and Music in their own sections sorted A-Z in IKEA bookshelves. Marvel MCU is mixed in alphabetically (but I'm thinking of changing that), but Star Wars and Star Trek (movies and TV are combined) are filed in chronological order under movies, while Firefly and Serenity are filed under TV. Everything is tracked in My Movies Pro database software, including digital copies, allowing us to keep track of what service a movie or TV series we own is available on. The software also allows us to keep track of who we loaned a disc out to.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
monsterbar.jpg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
For those wanting to have easier categorization of their digital movies, Vudu does have a "My List" feature in which you can create an unlimited number of lists of movies from your library. I've created lists based on franchise (Die Hard, Marvel, Mission: Impossible, etc.), kid-approved movies (for Family Movie Night, as I do not always trust Vudu's "family" rating), and Standard Def movies that require upgrades should they ever go on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks