What's new

Home Theater United 47 -Documentary Film Maker and Founding HTU Podcast Cohost Emeritus Brian Dobbs (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Home Theater United Podcast

Home Theater United
Episode 47
December 21, 2023, 2023 6:00 PM EST

Re-Introducing Brian Dobbs, founding cohost and cohost emeritus of Home Theater United and new Documentarian with his film Blue Planet Red
  • Intro by Sam: Welcome back Brian! You have been busy moving cross country and back and now have your first film under your belt! Blue Planet Red is on sites like Vimeo and purchaseable as an honest to goodness self authored Blu-Ray. Tell us as much as you can without spoiling Blue Planet Red
  • What the heck sent you down this path?
  • How has the initial reaction been? How hard has it been to build an audience? Sam Loves it!
  • Tell us about working with Swarm
  • You had a model shoot in the desert for the film, with amazing drone photography. Uh, whaaaat?
  • The scientists are real characters. Were you expecting that?
  • Are you going to film festivals? Trying to get it on Netflix or other streaming services in the future?
  • What was your production like? Did you do everything yourself? Tell us about the tech specs of the bluray
  • How can our viewers watch it?
  • What’s next for you?
  • Anything else you would like to talk about or promote?
  • Quick Good Bad and Ugly

Background info:
https://blueplanetred.net/

Vimeo
vimeo.com/ondemand/blueplanetred…

Blu-ray
/blueplanetred.net/store

Two-Page Summary
//blueplanetred.net/store

Website
/blueplanetred.net

Quick Good Bad and Ugly:
Sam - Barbie
Brian - The Eternals

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
20 percent off discount to Rent or buy Blue Planet Red here:

Brians Website:

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Last edited:

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
20% Discount Link for Blue Planet Red on Vimeo.

blue-planet-red-poster.jpg

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Holidays disrupted my podcast listening but I’m now listening to this episode. I’m about an hour in, wrapping up Mars doc discussion. Interesting discussion.

I’m very impressed that @Brian Dobbs amidst job shifts and cross country moves and parent of kids, found time to also have a little hobby doing a space documentary! I’m feeling pretty good just to have dinner and watch an hour of TV with my wife after work. :D

Last edited:

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Holidays disrupted my podcast listening but I’m now listening to this episode. I’m about an hour in, wrapping up Mars doc discussion. Interesting discussion.

I’m very impressed that @Brian Dobbs amidst job shifts and cross country moves and parent of kids, found to time also have a little hobby doing a space documentary! I’m feeling pretty good just to have dinner and watch an hour of TV with my wife after work. :D
Wow, thanks man. That's nice of you. Sorry I've been MIA here on the HTF. Slowly trying to get reacquainted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks