What's new

Home Theater United Episode 45 - Black Friday preview with Todd Erwin (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Barbie says “Math is haaard”

Got my parents a 75” LG for $650. It’s no OLED but better than their 8 year old set.

Gosh help Me I might actually be enjoying One Piece while setting it up.

Thanks for your input @Todd Erwin
View attachment 204473
View attachment 204476 View attachment 204477

Costco?

I've been trying to convince my Mom to let me get her something at least 60" to replace her dozen-year-old 32" 720p Panny, especially if she does move to my place (and have bigger livingroom) next summer... She keeps refusing and thinks she content enough w/ her old TV (and doesn't like the idea of ditching it because it still works fine :P )...

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
When you told me you were getting this for them, I had afraid it wasn’t going to fit based on my late Grandfather’s assisted living place.
It was close. I had to de-anchor one of their free standing cabinets from the wall and slide it down 2 inches. Will reanchor soon.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Costco?

I've been trying to convince my Mom to let me get her something at least 60" to replace her dozen-year-old 32" 720p Panny, especially if she does move to my place (and have bigger livingroom) next summer... She keeps refusing and thinks she content enough w/ her old TV (and doesn't like the idea of ditching it because it still works fine :P )...

_Man_
Yes Costco. A 65” u8000 is now $450 there. Don’t even ask. Just buy it, put a bow on it and bring it over :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yes Costco. A 65” u8000 is now $450 there. Don’t even ask. Just buy it, put a bow on it and bring it over :)

Hahaha... you don't know my Mom, LOL! She's an absolute expert at "looking a gift horse in the mouth"! :lol:;)

Actually, I may do just that when she finally moves in to my larger place (hopefully next summer). Even if she refuses it, I guess I could just stick it in my then-larger bedroom+home-office space, LOL. :D

No need to rush to get one so soon (before she moves)... since they never get more expensive (long term anyway)...

_Man_

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
GRUV Deals (Use coupon code HAPPYANNY15 to receive 15% off):
3 4K Blu-rays for $30: Titles include Creed, Creed II, Unforgiven, John Carpenter’s The Thing, Spartacus, Jaws, Inglorious Basterds, Smokey and the Bandit, several entries in the Fast & Furious franchise, several Hitchcock classics, Hot Fuzz.
$9.99 4K Blu-rays: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, The Super Mario Bros Movie, Edge of Tomorrow, Dune (2022), Training Day, Jaws 2, The Suicide Squad, Puss in Boots, A Christmas Story

Best Buy $7.99 and up movies
Thank you.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hey guys. I've been out a while. Looking forward to returning to the HTF community. Just moved to North Carolina.

Hey @Todd Erwin, nice hearing you on the show again. Are you able to post those Black Friday deals for blu-ray/4K discs you mentioned?

Had fun watching Violent Night with @Sam Posten. Bad movie, but had a few lol funny moments ("hashtag blessed" :emoji_laughing:).

Also enjoyed watching my film with Sam. Glad you liked the film buddy. Looking forward to coming back on the show. Currently at work getting the film available for online and blu-ray distribution!
Welcome back!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Barbie says “Math is haaard”

Got my parents a 75” LG for $650. It’s no OLED but better than their 8 year old set.

Gosh help Me I might actually be enjoying One Piece while setting it up.

Thanks for your input @Todd Erwin
View attachment 204473
View attachment 204476 View attachment 204477
My sister picked up an LG 55UQ70 for $299.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy. It was not a planned purchase, but her 6-year old LG 49" 1080p was acting up (she paid $400 for that TV back in 2017).

Of course, did she ask her all-knowing brother for advice? Actually, she didn't have time, since her husband decided when he got home from work to run out and shop for a new TV after they tried to watch something and the TV refused to switch inputs and even refused to launch built-in apps unless they unplugged the TV and plugged it back in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks