What's new

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
The nice thing about streaming on an AppleTV is that it’ll let you zoom anything in to full screen :D
maxresdefault.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sam, you might give What Dreams May Come another shot. The story is written by an author I believe you are a fan of.

Brian, I picked up Masters of Sex on iTunes on sale. I had only seen the first season, but thought it was interesting. I believe the only way you can get it in decent HD is streaming, since the BR set is a bargain basement, low bitrate release. The final two seasons, at least.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Sam, you might give What Dreams May Come another shot. The story is written by an author I believe you are a fan of.

Brian, I picked up Masters of Sex on iTunes on sale. I had only seen the first season, but thought it was interesting. I believe the only way you can get it in decent HD is streaming, since the BR set is a bargain basement, low bitrate release. The final two seasons, at least.
I would like to revisit WDMC too. I just picked up the complete blu-ray series of MoS which looked pretty good to me. Were there bitrate concerns or is that something you specifically look for when purchasing? Just finished the second season, which was uneven and not as consistent as the first. Seasons 3 & 4 are in the queue.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would like to revisit WDMC too. I just picked up the complete blu-ray series of MoS which looked pretty good to me. Were there bitrate concerns or is that something you specifically look for when purchasing? Just finished the second season, which was uneven and not as consistent as the first. Seasons 3 & 4 are in the queue.
It’s just a bargain basement release with too many episodes per disc. I forget the brand, but their releases are always pretty low quality.

WDMC is an ambitious movie that isn’t for everyone, but I’ve always liked it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I decided to watch What Dreams May Come for the first time in a couple years or more. I've seen it several times, and saw it in the theater when it came out. Like I said already, it's always been a movie I like, but it's pretty "out there" with its intense mix of metaphysics and religion as well as some seriously dark themes. So I can't blame anyone who finds it too much to take, or who get distracted by the spectacular visuals. I think it also suffers from aggressive editing. I'd say it probably should be 20 minutes longer, since it's a little choppy, but I can see the execs not being willing to let it play that long. In the end I can't fault filmmaker Vincent Ward for not quite succeeding in recreating Richard Matheson's unfilmable novel. I give him alot of credit for what he did accomplish.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It probably didn’t help that I was locking in my transition from Episcopalian to atheist when I saw it. I can watch religious content now with an open mind but I rejected those themes at the time.

anyway, big changes are afoot for the podcast. Watch for news midweek.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Episode 11 is in the can and, get this, will be up in just a day or two! Big changes coming to the podcast that you are gonna wanna hear about, stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks