What's new

Spider-Man: Goblin poster (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Camerons treatment involved Electro and Sandman.
I liked some parts of Camerons script-how Electro would rob from banks by electronic manipulation,it did have some nice character development, but was far from being a epic exciting movie we would expect. Lets be real, the first Spidey movie HAD to have Goblin - not Venom(I was really to go to Fox and storm the place when I heard that one) or anyone else. GG and Doc Ock should be first.
Ive always felt that Spiderman(along with Batman) had the best villian list in comics-if they do these movies right(which I highly doubt),the possiblities are tremendous.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
The Goblin's costume is way too "over the top". They've wrecked it. Even the glider is too much. I'm afraid to see what they've done with the pumpkin bombs.
Spiderman's look is perfect FWIW.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I sort of like it, actually. I'm the only one so far though. :)
I think the bio-webs are a great idea, and I never understood why Spidey didn't have those in the first place, along with his other super-powers. That would make more sense than him inventing this super-strong web-like material himself!
/Mike

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
"I liked some parts of Camerons script-how Electro would rob from banks by electronic manipulation,it did have some nice character development, but was far from being a epic exciting movie we would expect."
I agree it could have been more of everything (it was only 50 pages or so) but remember this was not a full script, only a scriptment (something between a script and a treatment).
Cameron would have built more on it if he had decided to commit to the film, remember what Cameron is known for: Overlong action-epics.
What was there on the page however, was excellent IMHO.

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
For me, much of the charm of the Goblin was that he had alot of character.
Another thumbs down
icon13.gif
on the new goblin.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
quote: I don't follow the comics at all. Can someone point me to images of the original Goblin so I know what people are comparing to?
I hesitate to do this, because I know the uninitiated will mock my beloved Green Goblin, but here he is, as depicted on what I consider the finest comic cover ever made:
039.jpg

[Edited last by Greg_S_H on November 09, 2001 at 08:25 PM]

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Looking at that image reminded me (I havent read a Spider-Man comic in years...) if they don't give the Goblin his bag, where will get get his pumpkin bombs from? If they come out of his suit (think robocops gun) or something lame like that...
ugh.
JQ

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I grew up reading the classic Ditko/Romita Spiderman comics and I'm glad they used a classic villain. However when I first read about this movie they were still up in the air about who would be the main villain Green Goblin or Doc Ock. I thought at the time (and still do) that Doc Ock would be perfect to translate to live action and that the Goblin (no matter how great the character is in the series)would be impossible to pull off without going into cheese territory.
Unfortunately after seeing this image it looks like my fears may have come true. I will hold off judgement until I see the picture though.
[Edited last by Jim_K on November 11, 2001 at 08:20 AM]

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I love Alex Ross depiction of the Green Goblin in Marvels
Marvels4.jpg

------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
In more words: I think Bio-webs were a great idea. If Peter Parker got spider-sense, ability to climb on walls, super-strengths... Is it really so hard to beleave he got bio-webs too?
Well, yeah, because everything about Peter Parker's ability related to a spider's ability. If he got Bio-webs then to correctly relate them to a spider he'd have to shoot them out of his ass.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks