What's new

Press Release USHE Press Release: Oppenheimer (2023) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (3 Viewers)

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
Has anyone encountered any issues with their Oppenheimer UHD freezing up around the 1:07:00 -1:09:00 mark? This is the scene where
Edward Teller is first suggesting they try to make a hydrogen bomb

Does anyone know if this happens to be at one of the layer changes?

I am playing this on a Sony UBP-X800M2. Disc looks perfectly fine with no scratches or smudges. This is the first disc that has tripped up my player like this.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Has anyone encountered any issues with their Oppenheimer UHD freezing up around the 1:07:00 -1:09:00 mark? This is the scene where
Edward Teller is first suggesting they try to make a hydrogen bomb

Does anyone know if this happens to be at one of the layer changes?

I am playing this on a Sony UBP-X800M2. Disc looks perfectly fine with no scratches or smudges. This is the first disc that has tripped up my player like this.
My disc froze up at 57 minutes in (the Chevalier scene). Unfortunately I bought it November 2023, but only now watched it for the first time. The disc is clearly defective, but I’m well past the return period.

How might I contact the studio / distributor to ask for a replacement disc? I’ve never had this happen before. But I’ve read about people over the years pursuing replacements from presumably bad printing runs.

Thanks for any help! :)

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My disc froze up at 57 minutes in (the Chevalier scene). Unfortunately I bought it November 2023, but only now watched it for the first time. The disc is clearly defective, but I’m well past the return period.

How might I contact the studio / distributor to ask for a replacement disc? I’ve never had this happen before. But I’ve read about people over the years pursuing replacements from presumably bad printing runs.

Thanks for any help! :)

If you bought it from a big box like Amazon they may still offer you an exchange.

If not, contact Universal:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If you bought it from a big box like Amazon they may still offer you an exchange.

If not, contact Universal:

Amazon just says it’s outside the return window and stops there. I could try a phone call with them, but doesn’t seem promising. I’ll try Universal.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I contacted Universal and they said they’d send a replacement, and it would take 4-6 weeks. It arrived today, after just one week. That’s good.

It didn’t freeze at the 0:57 minute mark, which is even better!

At some point I’ll have to give it another play to see if it’s broken some other place, but so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks