S04E03 Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are! (Oct.11.1963-71.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Great array of screencaps, Neal!

Diane Baker looks like a whole lot of trouble in this episode, kissing Linc, sitting on Tod's lap, flirting with Alex Cord...yet another one of Silliphant's disturbed, deranged and dangerously attractive female characters. Right up your street, eh Neal? :)

That "Big Kahuna" Gidget episode with Marty Milner is a hoot. And Milner's Rawhide appearance (with a spooky Dan Duryea) is a corker as well. Thanks for posting those!

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen

This looks like a great episode. I've got to check out that amusement park scene. Surprising to see Lon Chaney Jr in a very non-horror role. Cord I know best from Airwolf. Always thought he was full of himself on that show, and it seems the same may apply to this character.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Great array of screencaps, Neal!

Diane Baker looks like a whole lot of trouble in this episode, kissing Linc, sitting on Tod's lap, flirting with Alex Cord...yet another one of Silliphant's disturbed, deranged and dangerously attractive female characters. Right up your street, eh Neal? :)
Oh my yes. How did you know Jeff?? My spider-sense, my heat seeking missile is all hot and bothered. Thanks for the props!
That "Big Kahuna" Gidget episode with Marty Milner is a hoot. And Milner's Rawhide appearance (with a spooky Dan Duryea) is a corker as well. Thanks for posting those!
Thanks to Randall I've discovered what a delightful series Gidget really is.
This looks like a great episode. I've got to check out that amusement park scene. Surprising to see Lon Chaney Jr in a very non-horror role. Cord I know best from Airwolf. Always thought he was full of himself on that show, and it seems the same may apply to this character.
It's a fun episode Steve. You'd better get started or it'll be 2040 before you finish Route 66, you and Nelson.
icon_e_popcorn.gif

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Oh my yes. How did you know Jeff?? My spider-sense, my heat seeking missile is all hot and bothered. Thanks for the props!

Thanks to Randall I've discovered what a delightful series Gidget really is.

It's a fun episode Steve. You'd better get started or it'll be 2040 before you finish Route 66, you and Nelson. View attachment 141443
Yeah, I need to get around to watching my set. Usually busy checking out other series I haven't seen before to decide if I want to get them. Thanks to the recent Network sale, I've been on a Brit TV binge lately. Now that I think of it, I suppose the series Minder is a little like Route 66 (two guys always helping out people with unusual problems), except that on that show one member of the duo is always trying to con the other one.

Anyway thanks for all the great screencaps. What software do you use?

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Yeah, I need to get around to watching my set. Usually busy checking out other series I haven't seen before to decide if I want to get them. Thanks to the recent Network sale, I've been on a Brit TV binge lately. Now that I think of it, I suppose the series Minder is a little like Route 66 (two guys always helping out people with unusual problems), except that on that show one member of the duo is always trying to con the other one.
It's good that I don't much care for Alt-Uni series otherwise I'd never go outside.
Anyway thanks for all the great screencaps. What software do you use?
Welcome! I don't use any software. Just Command>Shift>Number 4 Key and then while in Preview convert from png to jpg and if necessary I tweak each image. Generally with Route 66 episodes restoration is required. On BluRay and most CBS stuff nothing is needed to make the images pop.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
It's good that I don't much care for Alt-Uni series otherwise I'd never go outside.

Welcome! I don't use any software. Just Command>Shift>Number 4 Key and then while in Preview convert from png to jpg and if necessary I tweak each image. Generally with Route 66 episodes restoration is required. On BluRay and most CBS stuff nothing is needed to make the images pop.
Huh, it's that easy with Blu ray, is it? Wonder if that goes for Windows PCs as well. I've only ever taken screencaps from DVDs. I thought some sort of specialized third party software was necessary for Blu ray.

It would be nice to be able to share some classic TV images on the HTF forums. Need to pick up an external drive first.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall

Great screen caps as usual, Neal!

It sure was nice to see Horace McMahon and Harry Bellaver reteamed again in Route 66's Where Are the Sounds of Celli Brahms? less than a year since Naked City left the airwaves, courtesy of this light hearted script by their friend Stirling Silliphant. Attractively filmed at the height of summer 1963 at the Minneapolis 'Aquatennial', with the people of that city just bursting with pride that the Route 66 production company has rolled into town. Along with a lovable dog show and turtle race for local color, the locals pull out all the stops, with a bevy of stunning beauties for that lucky sumbitch Linc to be a judge of in the 'Downtown Minneapolis Beauty Pageant' at the Sheraton, having won some contrivance as the lucky Million'th driver to cross the new bridge on Minnesota Senator (and soon to be LBJ's VP) Hubert Humphrey's 'pork-barrel-brought home' freeway. Tod feels like he's lost out to Linc's good luck until he's detailed by publicity man 'Shagbag' (!) played by Harry Bellaver, to assist sound engineer and prospective hotel vice president Celli Brahms (love that name!) in the raspy voiced, cute-sexy personage of Tammy Grimes...she's frantic with work ethic anxiety and perpetually in motion...and ready to throw in the towel, thinking she's a professional failure... not knowing that her boss (Horace McMahon) is considering her for a vice-presidency. Of course, both boys fall in love...Tod with Celli, and Linc with a mousey pageant contestant with self-esteem issues played by attractive Kelly Jean Peters.

Tammy Grimes returns about two months later as another titular character in episode 11, Come Home Greta Inger Gruenschaffen (Dec. 13, 1963) also with Chad Everett and filmed in Buffalo NY, as Route 66 continued it's Northern sojourn in season four, eventually ending up at Niagara Falls and Toronto Ontario Canada!

Ya gotta love an early appearance by the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile in the Aquatennial parade...and all those stunning nordic lovelies...and Linc telling Shagbag that he looks just like some cop he knew in New York...and all those Minneapolis locals just bursting with pride (and sneaking furtive looks directly into the Route 66 camera shots), hoping they'll actually be in the TV show, for bragging rights with their friends and family....and almost 60 years later, for their small bid at immortality with their loved ones who must treasure seeing them again today on DVD and streaming!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Great screen caps as usual, Neal!

It sure was nice to see Horace McMahon and Harry Bellaver reteamed again in Route 66's Where Are the Sounds of Celli Brahms? less than a year since Naked City left the airwaves, courtesy of this light hearted script by their friend Stirling Silliphant. Attractively filmed at the height of summer 1963 at the Minneapolis 'Aquatennial', with the people of that city just bursting with pride that the Route 66 production company has rolled into town. Along with a lovable dog show and turtle race for local color, the locals pull out all the stops, with a bevy of stunning beauties for that lucky sumbitch Linc to be a judge of in the 'Downtown Minneapolis Beauty Pageant' at the Sheraton, having won some contrivance as the lucky Million'th driver to cross the new bridge on Minnesota Senator (and soon to be LBJ's VP) Hubert Humphrey's 'pork-barrel-brought home' freeway. Tod feels like he's lost out to Linc's good luck until he's detailed by publicity man 'Shagbag' (!) played by Harry Bellaver, to assist sound engineer and prospective hotel vice president Celli Brahms (love that name!) in the raspy voiced, cute-sexy personage of Tammy Grimes...she's frantic with work ethic anxiety and perpetually in motion...and ready to throw in the towel, thinking she's a professional failure... not knowing that her boss (Horace McMahon) is considering her for a vice-presidency. Of course, both boys fall in love...Tod with Celli, and Linc with a mousey pageant contestant with self-esteem issues played by attractive Kelly Jean Peters.

Tammy Grimes returns about two months later as another titular character in episode 11, Come Home Greta Inger Gruenschaffen (Dec. 13, 1963) also with Chad Everett and filmed in Buffalo NY, as Route 66 continued it's Northern sojourn in season four, eventually ending up at Niagara Falls and Toronto Ontario Canada!

Ya gotta love an early appearance by the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile in the Aquatennial parade...and all those stunning nordic lovelies...and Linc telling Shagbag that he looks just like some cop he knew in New York...and all those Minneapolis locals just bursting with pride (and sneaking furtive looks directly into the Route 66 camera shots), hoping they'll actually be in the TV show, for bragging rights with their friends and family....and almost 60 years later, for their small bid at immortality with their loved ones who must treasure seeing them again today on DVD and streaming!
I don't know what this thread would have been without you Randall. Now I can say I understand better the plot of this somewhat whacky episode. Thank you! And yes in many episodes I absolutely love the authenticity of real local folks being cast as stand-ins and trying their best not to look directly into the camera lens yet they do, like deer looking into headlights, hahahaha.

Twas great to see Horace McMahon and Harry Bellaver appearing here. I was unaware this was post Naked City.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks