What's new

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Target Exclusive for me. The interchangeable covers and bonus disc (even on DVD) beats out the Best Buy SteelBook.
And I got a $5 gift card with my pre-order, so it was cheaper as well.
YMMV if you are partial to SteelBooks and don't care for the two short extras on a DVD.

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
Being in Canada, I'm perfectly happy with the BB 3D version (don't care about steelbook) over importing the Target version. Those bonus features are bound to be pretty lightweight, anyway.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Tomorrow morning will mark a long time since I have been waiting outside a brick-and-mortar store for them to open so I can buy disc-based media....but I used to do it every Tuesday, and usually spend $100+....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tomorrow morning will mark a long time since I have been waiting outside a brick-and-mortar store for them to open so I can buy disc-based media....but I used to do it every Tuesday, and usually spend $100+....
I won't be at Target when they open but I'll be there somewhat early in the morning.

And yeah, 15 years ago I spent money on DVDs like there was no tomorrow. Nowadays, I still spend money without thought but it's much less. :)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I won't be at Target when they open but I'll be there somewhat early in the morning.

And yeah, 15 years ago I spent money on DVDs like there was no tomorrow. Nowadays, I still spend money without thought but it's much less. :)

Same here ... But back in those days I was all about the Suncoast Preorders and membership discount points! (Talk about spending some money ...!!!)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I are watching Rogue One tomorrow and immediately following we're screening Harmy's Despecialized Star Wars 720p. :) She's very excited to watch them back to back.
The "Silver Screen" edition is even better than the "Despecalized".
Harmy even stated not to bother with his version he was so impressed with the "Silver Screen". I saw it and have to agree. Amazing.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I got my BD of RO from Target. Haven't watched it yet, but from the outside packaging alone, there's no indication there's a Target extra. Granted, I bought the standard edition, not the collectible packaging, but frankly, if I have to buy the collectible packaging to get the extra, after Dr. Strange, I do not want it.

Edit: No extras on the DVD at all. And no Target exclusive on my BD.

(Interesting that CGI Tarkin is not featured on ANY of the package or disc art. He was a major character).

Update: Returned my set to Target and got a replacement. It seems the bonus disc was simply missing from my set.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just got done with my Target Collectible Edition and it looked superb on my OLED with 3-D and my HDR Medium setting. I now watch all programming and discs with my HDR setting activated. Just reference quality to me. Some people complained about the CGI faces of Fisher and Cushing, but I had no issues with them during my disc viewing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just got done with my Target Collectible Edition and it looked superb on my OLED with 3-D and my HDR Medium setting. I now watch all programming and discs with my HDR setting activated. Just reference quality to me. Some people complained about the CGI faces of Fisher and Cushing, but I had no issues with them during my disc viewing.

Yeah...

It must be good to be retired. :D

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'll be picking it up at Target on my way home (I ordered this morning for in-store pickup) - looking forward to checking it out on the projector. Did not see it theatrically in 3-D, so it will be a treat.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For the nerdy, the timing of the end credits & the music are the same as the theaters so this is the first Star Wars movie to come to Blu-ray in its original theatrical version. Eighth time is the charm.

For the super nerdy, the Aurebesh (the language seen in the Star Wars universe) lettering on the box of the Target exclusive edition is just random letters and doesn't actually spell anything.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I watched it theatrically, if I had not known, I wouldn't have thought Cushing was all cgi. Carrie, however, was very cgi-ish, very artificial, IMHO.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
For the nerdy, the timing of the end credits & the music are the same as the theaters so this is the first Star Wars movie to come to Blu-ray in its original theatrical version. Eighth time is the charm.

For the super nerdy, the Aurebesh (the language seen in the Star Wars universe) lettering on the box of the Target exclusive edition is just random letters and doesn't actually spell anything.
I would not have minded if they had put the Star Wars opening credit crawl into the blu ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks