What's new

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
So far the only segments I liked from rogueone, are the Darth Vader and Tarkin ones.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought it started slow and jumped around, but once it got goin hang on. Great movie.

I'm right behind Jason. I watched it for the first time tonight.

It was a whole lot of fun. The first two thirds WAS hard to keep everything/everyone straight. But that final third was SO MUCH FUN! :D

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
Mike Frezon said:
The first two thirds WAS hard to keep everything/everyone straight.

I think they need to start reigning in these character names a bit. Sure the originals had lots of crazy names, but it was easier to deal with the Greedos and Lobots while hanging on to the easily-relatable Luke, Leia, and Han.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It was something, too, to finally see the much-discussed Peter Cushing sequence. Pretty amazing stuff. My impression is that it just seemed a little "off" like a lip-sync or the audio got off from the video about a half-second or so. But it is becoming crazy as to what film-makers are able to do these days.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I found the story to be better in Rogue One, but the characters were way more memorable in The Force Awakens.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I found the story to be better in Rogue One, but the characters were way more memorable in The Force Awakens.

Agreed on both counts. But there is a simple reason for all of that in my book:

The Force Awakens was basically A New Hope all over again. Rogue One was a new story, though we knew how it had to end.

The characters: TFA used established characters to introduce new ones. That's why Poe and Finn are so memorable (and they have fairly easy names). Rogue One uses some secondary established characters, but that's it. And the names...I still don't remember them...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Some interesting thoughts from the digital bits after celebration:

Okay… Star Wars Celebration weekend has ended with… well, not much in the way of Blu-ray release news related to the Star Wars films. Not that we expected any, per our recent posts, but still. Lucasfilm’s John Knoll did show off some interesting behind the scenes material on The Making of Rogue One panel at the event, including a rare extended cut of the Death Star briefing room scene from the original Star Wars, as well as virtual recreations of a number of classic Death Star settings that didn’t make the final cut of Rogue One, but there was no indication as to when (if ever) any of that material might be released on Blu-ray, nor was there any indication of a more elaborate Rogue One: Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release later this year. (The Making of Rogue One panel also doesn’t seem to have been live-streamed for some reason, though probably to keep the footage shown there from appearing online.) At any rate, it seems that Disney and Lucasfilm are just going to do whatever they’re going to do, with regard to releasing these films on Blu-ray, and fans will simply have to deal with it.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
IMG_0144.JPG You know how many Targets I had to hit up to find this?
This one I got from Breinigsville, PA Target (and I live in Florida). And I don't even have a 3D TV at this time:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Only one report I've read today and it could be a local deal -- Target restocking the RO 3D exclusive. I don't know if this is the beginning of a second print run, a few boxes that were located and now put out, stock being shifted from one store or another, but at least keep checking for those that are still in the market. Scalper's market is not yet the only route

My local stores are down to one saying it's in stock and "5 left in stock (down from 8 on Sunday)" (Brickseek is still far off)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I pre-ordered this online because, in my experiences with my local stores, the exclusives are never in stock in the actual store. It's about an hour subway ride to my nearest Target and it's just not worth a two hour round trip (plus time spent in the store) to gamble on whether or not they'll have the item. When I used to live closer and it was on my way home, sure, but now I'll either pre-order it or forget about having it. I'd recommend anyone who really feels a need to have one of these exclusive Target releases (as opposed to feeling like "would be nice to have but not going out of my way for it") preorder online and not wait to see if their store will have it or not.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ft. Smith Target has 3 left if anyone is adventurous enough to travel there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks