What's new

Question about X-Files (1 Viewer)

David Ruiz

Second Unit
I think I remember reading somwehere that David Duchovny left X-files during one of the seasons and didn't come back. Is this true? I've only barely begun renting the seasons from Netflix, and I just started on Season 2.

Which season does he leave, and does he ever come back?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Duchovny's last full year on "The X-Files" was Season 7. He appeared in several episodes in Season 8, but many of those appearances were nothing more than cameos.

He was even scarcer in Season 9, appearing in only (I believe) the 2-hour series finale. He did have a lot of screen time in that one.

Even though he wasn't on screen much, his character figured in the ongoing conspiracy storyline of the final 2 seasons.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
And he didn't leave during the season, it was worked out to allow him time to shoot a movie, which is why he was only scheduled to appear in 13 episodes of season 8.

He returned to direct one episode in season 9, and appeared in the finale only after the decision had been made that season 9 would be the show's last. Originally, it was intended for Robert Patrick and Anabeth Gish to carry on the show, but Duchovny's absence hurt the ratings, so it was decided to quit.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
He has the smallest of cameos in "William" (which he directed) in Scully's imagination and the character of Mulder appears from far away in "TrustNo1" but it's obviously not Duchovny due to the distance from which the character is seen. So, not counting flashback footage, there are 3 Mulder appearances in Season 9, but one isn't Duchovny and the other isn't in reality. "The Truth" is the only full-fledged Mulder appearance in Season 9.

SteveKNJ

Stunt Coordinator
Have they released the full series on DVD yet? I wanted to see the finale. Believe it or not, it's the only episode I haven't seen!! My VCR screwed up that night and I never got it. And I didn't have Tivo back then!! LOL

Shane D

Supporting Actor
the night they showed the final one here, the news casters interuppted every 5 freaking minutes to tell us the wind was b lowing. We saw about maybe 40 minutes of the entire show. needless to say they got a LOT of calls. funny thing is they still do it. i missed the season finales of simpsons and malcolm last week because of this.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The local newscasters pull this crap here too. If there's a warehouse fire in the city somewhere, you can be sure your favorite series will be interrupted several times with this important "breaking news". :rolleyes

I personally think it's a government conspiracy... ;) (Hey, had to get back on topic here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks