What's new

Punch-Drunk Love trailer is now online (1 Viewer)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I saw this trailer in theaters already, and I've been dying to see this movie (Magnolia is one of my all-time favorite films). It's being shown at the Toronto film fest, and hopefully it will screen during the Montreal FCMM film fest next month.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
If the movie sucks who will bear the blame? Sandler or Anderson?
From the quick reviews I've read, I really don't think it will suck.

In any case, if it did turn out to be a bad film - PTA would be responsible as it is a PTA film, not an Adam Sandler film.

Many are saying that Sandler put in a very good performance, and I wouldn't be surprised since PTA is known for getting the best performances out of his cast.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the movie is good, since both "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia" were great movies, but the trailer really sucks. It's too long and pointless, and well... just dull.

/Mike

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Well, the trailer really got me interested in the film... Might watch it in theaters, rather than wait for the DVD. Sandler actually looks like a real actor in this one ;)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I didn't like the trailer at all. It makes the movie look very dull to me.

If "Magnolia" wasn't one of my very favorite movies, I'd probably skip this one altogether.

But it is, so I won't.

rhett

Supporting Actor
The trailer is bizarre, and not really all that interesting. I've watched it a couple times and I still have no idea what this film is about! But like most people here, I love PTA, and I'll be first in line when this comes out to prove it! :)

Jon Strong

Agent
Just wondering: what did everyone think when they saw the "Magnolia" teaser? Confused? Loved it? What?

Me, the world stopped as I watched it.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm absolutely amazed that there are so many people that didn't like this trailer. This is the first trailer that has really excited me all year and the best trailer that I've seen since the orignal Spidey WTC trailer.

I'm counting the minutes until this baby hits theaters, and believe me it has nothing to do with Sandler.

As far as Magnolia goes, I was very indifferent when I saw it in the theater, but 5 viewings later it has become one of my very favorite movies of the past 10 years.

I think, I'm going to watch it again right now!!!

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I liked the trailer. I've always been very indifferent about Sandler, but he seems well suited to the role. Emily Watson is always outstanding. Depends what's going on, but I might actually go to the theater for this one.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Afraid I will pass on it, as I stick by my "No A.S. movie will get my money again" guns after MR DEEDS.

Joel C

Screenwriter
This isn't an Adam Sandler movie. Sandler co-produces, co-writes, ect. most of his movies with old college buddies or former SNL writers. THOSE are Sandler movies. This is a movie with Adam Sandler in it.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
The trailer seems very boring. So far, it doesn't speak well of the film to me. Usually a Sandler fan but this one (along with Mr. Deeds) I think I'll skip.

Michael.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I HATE Adam Sandler.

But I love PT Andersons movies.

I saw this trailer and smiled from ear to ear. I think its great and Im really looking foward to PDL.Like all of PTA movies, this looks like it was beautifully filmed.
I got a good laugh out of using Popeyes "He Needs Me" song as well.

"I'm sure the movie is good, since both "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia" were great movies"

So was Hard Eight which is probally STILL my favorite PTA film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks