What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
P.T. Anderson’s Punch-Drunk Love makes its 4K debut as part of Sony’s Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 4.

Punch-Drunk Love (2002)

Released: 01 Nov 2002
Rated: R
Runtime: 95 min

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Cast: Adam Sandler, Emily Watson, Philip Seymour Hoffman
Writer(s): Paul Thomas Anderson

Plot: Socially frustrated Barry Egan calls a phone-sex line to curb his loneliness. Little does he know it will land him in deep trouble and will jeopardize his burgeoning romance with the mysterious Lena.

IMDB rating: 7.3
MetaScore: 78

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for the review.

To be honest, I'm not exactly a PT Anderson fan, though I definitely appreciate Magnolia and his Across the Universe video with Fiona Apple is spectacular... and I have seen all of one movie starring Adam Sandler. This one.

Having said that, I think Punch-Drunk Love is fabulous, though I can completely understand not getting into it. I have the Criterion BR, so I think I'm good to go.

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
Not a fan of anything PTA except Boogie Nights, but was curious and found PDL satisfying. Oddly, the 4K played great on my 820 Pan, but when I went to the blu to see special features, it stopped ( no others have so far from the Colombia set.) I took the blu, put it in my Samsung 4k and a long advisory popped up opting me in to data collecting for Sony. I accepted and it plays fine. That option would not get past the 820, for some reason.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Not a fan of anything PTA except Boogie Nights, but was curious and found PDL satisfying. Oddly, the 4K played great on my 820 Pan, but when I went to the blu to see special features, it stopped ( no others have so far from the Colombia set.) I took the blu, put it in my Samsung 4k and a long advisory popped up opting me in to data collecting for Sony. I accepted and it plays fine. That option would not get past the 820, for some reason.
I would contact Sony Customer Service to let them know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks