What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Columbia Classics 4k Ultra HD Collection Volume 3 (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The only problem I ever had with "Annie" was the over-aggressive use of foley dialogue in the background. In most films, it's just indistinct babbling but in this one you can hear whole conversations coming from people who aren't on the screen. Although "Capisce Caposh!" always gets a laugh.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I just pre-ordered this from Amazon, mainly for As Good As It Gets. I really enjoy this film.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
The detail that gets me is that inside each individual slipcover there is a unique and delightful vintage-style cover in the plastic case for each movie. These box sets were made by people who cared about quality and presentation. Kudos, Columbia! Now, you still have over 2000 more films to choose from for future volumes, so keep 'em coming!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I received mine today. I put in the codes at MA but unfortunately non of the films are supported in 4K "at this time".

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
As far as "Annie" is concerned, despite the liberties taken with the source material it has gained a strong following and is now considered (to the chagrin of Broadway purists) a film classic. Is it a perfect film? No. Is it enjoyable on its own terms? In my humble opinion: Yes - there are many things in this film that saved it from being a complete and utter disaster.
Carol Burnett was excellent as Miss Hannigan, and loved Tim Curry and Bernadette Peters. Would love to have seen Bette Midler as Miss Hanningan she would have been incredible.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I received mine today. I put in the codes at MA but unfortunately non of the films are supported in 4K "at this time".
That is odd. While it is probably not the new restoration, Itunes sells a 4K version of "It Happened One Night". It also shows as 4K on Movies Anywhere and VUDU.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Sony seems to be the one studio that really drags its feet for getting digital copies to upgrade to 4K. I’m not surprised that day-and-date upgrades didn’t happen.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Vol. 1, 2 or 3.
In that case -- most of the items from Vol 1 have individual 4K releases though not all in the US/CA

Lawrence of Arabia
Mr Smith Goes to Washington
Dr Strangelove
Jerry Maguire
Gandhi

Vol 2 -- none yet though I guess I'm expecting sometime in the next 6-9 months. Since the Boxset is still available in many places that could be stopping individual titles from getting released.

Vol 3 - none

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
In that case -- most of the items from Vol 1 have individual 4K releases though not all in the US/CA

Lawrence of Arabia
Mr Smith Goes to Washington
Dr Strangelove
Jerry Maguire
Gandhi

Vol 2 -- none yet though I guess I'm expecting sometime in the next 6-9 months. Since the Boxset is still available in many places that could be stopping individual titles from getting released.

Vol 3 - none
Thank you!! :)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Currently $99.95 at Walmart which appears to be the current best price. I just noticed the seller is Deep Discount so check their direct site as well.

Same price on the Deep Discount website. Now if they had another 15% coupon they might get a purchase from me.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Currently $99.95 at Walmart which appears to be the current best price. I just noticed the seller is Deep Discount so check their direct site as well.

Same price on the Deep Discount website. Now if they had another 15% coupon they might get a purchase from me.

Next 15% is usually around mid month,.

10% codes DEEP10 and PLUNGE are active. Apparently PLUNGE was reactivated in the last couple weeks
I think the DD website adds an extra shipping change

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks