What's new

Pre-Order Sony Pictures Classics 30th Anniversary 4K Ultra HD Collection (4K UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Well, for a Sony Pictures Classics box set NOT to include their very first - Howards End in 4K is rather insulting. Indochine, Layer Cake, The Jane Austen Book Club, Being Julia, A Midwinter's Tale and the grotesquely underrated, A Man of No Importance need to be on that list too.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well, for a Sony Pictures Classics box set NOT to include their very first - Howards End in 4K is rather insulting. Indochine, Layer Cake, The Jane Austen Book Club, Being Julia, A Midwinter's Tale and the grotesquely underrated, A Man of No Importance need to be on that list too.
Being Julia is a good film.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Woody's films are being released by some company called Sandpiper Pictures
Sandpiper is only (so far) releasing the WA films from MGM/UA/Orion. There's nothing to suggest that Sandpiper has or will have the rights to any of Allen's other films. Just like Twilight Time before it...although TT did manage to release two that were originally from TriStar: Husbands and Wives and Manhattan Murder Mystery (but not a third: Sweet and Lowdown).

With respect to the subject at hand, though, Sony Pictures Classics released seven of WA's films from 2009 to 2015. I think that's what plektret was hoping for.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The info is up on Amazon!

1d370467-c8e2-4dbf-8aec-5e579244086e.__CR122,0,2756,1705_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Sony Pictures Classics with this limited edition box set:

• Limited edition gift set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for ORLANDO, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, THE CELLULOID CLOSET, RUN LOLA RUN, SLC PUNK, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE, VOLVER, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, STILL ALICE and CALL ME BY YOUR NAME – the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD, plus CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON with Dolby Vision

• All eleven films presented with Dolby Vision HDR for the most premium presentation possible

• CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON also includes Dolby Atmos audio; all films include original theatrical audio, as well

• Includes hours of special features across the films: a mix of archival materials and exciting new content

• Also includes a booklet with an all-new essay about the legacy of Sony Pictures Classics and details about the included films

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
This line "the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD", doesn't sound optimistic for individual releases...:(

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Limited edition gift set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for ORLANDO, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, THE CELLULOID CLOSET, RUN LOLA RUN, SLC PUNK, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE, VOLVER, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, STILL ALICE and CALL ME BY YOUR NAME – the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD, plus CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON with Dolby Vision

Ack! I have CTHD already, but of the other ten, there are at least six that I want, and four of those I really, really want.

This line "the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD", doesn't sound optimistic for individual releases...:(

Well, I would say that there is an understood "yet" at the end of that clause. There wasn't an individual 4K release for Lawrence of Arabia until there was.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

I read that as "the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD... right now." Not necessarily that they will always be exclusive to the box.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Ack! I have CTHD already, but of the other ten, there are at least six that I want, and four of those I really, really want.

I just bought City of Lost Children on Blu-ray recently, assuming it was unlikely to ever make the cut for UHD.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
I'd love a 4K UHD release of La Cité des Enfants Perdus, a long-time favourite of mine, but I'm not interested in the opportunity to pay for the 10 other films into the bargain. I'll live with my Blu-ray edition until/unless Sony releases a standalone 4K UHD version.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Sony Pictures Classics with this limited edition box set:
Limited edition gift set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for ORLANDO, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, THE CELLULOID CLOSET, RUN LOLA RUN, SLC PUNK, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE, VOLVER, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, STILL ALICE and CALL ME BY YOUR NAME – the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD, plus CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON with Dolby Vision

• All eleven films presented with Dolby Vision HDR for the most premium presentation possible

• CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON also includes Dolby Atmos audio; all films include original theatrical audio, as well

• Includes hours of special features across the films: a mix of archival materials and exciting new content

• Also includes a booklet with an all-new essay about the legacy of Sony Pictures Classics and details about the included films
Even with the pricing discounted 30% at $210.00, I'll be passing on this box set as it's just too expensive for my budget.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
If Sony still had the rights to Howard's End I'm sure it would have been in this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks