What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Glory (1989) 35th Anniversary (4k UHD SteelBook) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CELEBRATING THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY
OF THE ACCLAIMED MODERN CLASSIC
5fd856f0-6d97-33bc-78ce-ad9c9c0c96fd.png
9f731f81-fab8-61ce-ecd3-41ee5f773aa9.jpg
AVAILABLE AS A LIMITED EDITION 4K ULTRA HD™ STEELBOOK
JUNE 4TH
SYNOPSIS
Commemorate the 35th anniversary of GLORY: the heart-stopping story of the first Black regiment to fight for the North in the Civil War, starring Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes and Morgan Freeman. Broderick and Elwes are the idealistic young Bostonians who lead the regiment; Freeman is the inspirational sergeant who unites the troops; and Denzel Washington, in an Academy Award®-winning performance (1989, Best Supporting Actor), is the runaway slave who embodies the indomitable spirit of the 54th Regiment of Massachusetts.
DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC
  • Restored from the original camera negative, presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
  • English Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + 2-channel surround
  • Special Features:
    • Visual Feature-Length Commentary
    • Theatrical Trailer
BLU-RAY DISC™
  • Feature presented in high definition
  • English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio
  • Special Features:
    • Director’s Commentary
    • Deleted Scenes with Commentary
    • Virtual Civil War Battlefield Interactive Map
    • “The True Story Continues” Documentary
    • “The Voices of Glory” Featurette
    • “The Making of Glory” Featurette
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Edward Zwick
Produced By: Freddie Fields
Screenplay By: Kevin Jarre
Cast: Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes and Morgan Freeman

SPECS
Run Time: Approx. 122 minutes
Rating: R
4K UHD Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
4K UHD Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible), English, French, Spanish (Castilian) 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English 2-Channel Surround DTS-HD MA

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Glory-4K-Blu...82-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Other than being steelbook packaging, I wonder how this release will differ from the 30th anniversary UHD from 2019.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
122 minutes? For some reason I misremembered this as a 3 hour epic. I guess I'd better buy it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The press release for this says Dolby Vision, and I think the previous UHD was HDR10. Seems to me that Sony has made this change on reissues of other films as well.
Yes, the previous 4K isn't in Dolby Vision, but HDR. I'm not going to spend another $20+ just to have it in Dolby Vision and Steelbook packaging.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I don't have a 4K setup yet. Is there a significant difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision?

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I don't have a 4K setup yet. Is there a significant difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision?

HDR10 is the base level of HDR on video. Dolby Vision is (primarily) an added layer of metadata on top of it that tells compatible televisions how to tone-map the image to match the capabilities the particular screen is actually able to display. If the TV does not have Dolby Vision, it will fall back to the HDR10 base and do the tone-mapping itself. Some are better at this than others.

Note that home theater projectors are not compatible with Dolby Vision at all and can only do HDR10. Projectors can't hit the peak brightness levels that Dolby Vision requires in its specs.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Thank you I knew about the DV limitations on projectors (which is what I use, so I've been researching the potential candidates for when I replace my 1080p setup), I didn't realize HDR10 was the starting point for DV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks