What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Munich, The Andromeda Strain, Sneakers - 2/17 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
attachicon.gif
Voila_Capture 2015-01-02_03-31-35_AM.jpg
Strange none of these titles are available on Amazon for preorder.​
I hope these don't become Best Buy exclusives. Hate going to that store.
Ron,

I feel the same way so what I do is ordered it on their site then once I get the confirmation email that my order is ready, I go to customer service pick up my order and I'm gone without any Blue Shirt bothering me.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
haineshisway said:
Well, the import is a horrid joke, color-wise so maybe this transfer of Andromeda will actually have some color
I found the import steelbook edition of the film to be okay, except that the color does seem off...I recall the "red" of one of the Wildfire levels as being deep red, not orange as it appears on the UK disc. Am I mis-remembring this?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Dick said:
I found the import steelbook edition of the film to be okay, except that the color does seem off...I recall the "red" of one of the Wildfire levels as being deep red, not orange as it appears on the UK disc. Am I mis-remembring this?
You know, I don't have the memory for films seen long ago that many do here, but I remember seeing The Andromeda Strain twice during its original release and my memory matches yours, Rick. That Wildfire level is RED.

Here's hoping this long-overdue Region 1 release is done right...

andySu

Senior HTF Member
The Andromeda Strain (1971) should get priority release as the other films are ether Dolby 5.1 and The Andromeda Strain needs fullest restoration of locating the 70mm mag masters and getting in the home with special mix for 5 screen and mono surround if this atmos is bragging its got more channels then I see no excuses here for 5.1 or 7.1 only use the 7.1 here as

LCR as usual
Side surrounds duel mono
Rear surround place the Left-centre / Right-centre on them and let me worry about re-plugging the system for 5 screen.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Lord Dalek said:
Andromeda Strain is a mono picture.
There was a 70mm 6track release according to imdb as well as in-70mm released in Australia. 35mm mono release.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Today is supposedly release day, but no BEST BUY stores seem to have THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN in stock, and their website shows backordered. Rats! I was looking forward to picking this one up today.

Harry

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I received a series of confused auto-mails on 2/13 from Best Buy about my order of The Andromeda Strain:

First - "The new release date is 2/10/2015."

Next - "Your order has been delayed."

Finally - "The new release date is 2/17/2015."

It's now 2/17, and no release. Oy vey...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Had a very disappointing trip to BB earlier this evening. Had been hoping to screen The Andromeda Strain tonight...

The whole idea of retailer exclusives is bad enough. But retailer exclusives that said retailer doesn't even have in stock on release day??

Big time fail, Best Buy.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Craig S said:
Had a very disappointing trip to BB earlier this evening. Had been hoping to screen The Andromeda Strain tonight...

The whole idea of retailer exclusives is bad enough. But retailer exclusives that said retailer doesn't even have in stock on release day??

Big time fail, Best Buy.
My Best Buy might or might not have had it today. I was there this morning and they told me that they wouldn't be able to unpack all the boxes for a few hours and their inventory system was down so they couldn't check to see if it was in there. I'm sure there's times when things are out of the control of the people at the store level but I'm still chalking it up to them being a bunch of jerkoffs. :)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Looking forward to getting The Andromeda Strain, but not until after the exclusive ends - BB doesn't get a cent from me.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm all done with these goddamn BB exclusives. They set a release date, the "smaller" stores don't carry them, and then obviously they can't meet the online demand and delay shipping for three weeks. What kind of moronic BS is that? I'm just going wait the extra three months on any future "exclusives," which are so exclusive that you can't actually buy them! The poster above said it right: "Big time fail, Best Buy!"

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Craig S said:

Big time fail, Best Buy.

Had a similar experience today at my BB store. I almost pulled a Jerry Seinfeld and made a point about the retail exclusives like they're reservations; they know how make the exclusive but they don't know how to hold the exclusive - and that's the key, the holding part.

JColl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
joey c.
No luck for me either. Gee, don't strain yourselves, Best Buy.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's their loss. From what I gather, the BB Corp. isn't doing so well right now. Might this be another reason why...?!​

John Skoda

Second Unit
I tried ordering it online from BB this morning. It said it was ONLY available for in-store pickup but no local stores had it (pretty odd--available in stores but not for online ordering)? I think I'll hold off until someone reports actually having held a copy in their hands....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks