Premium
Real Name
Doug

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
At that price, I wanna buy it again. :laugh:
Well, if you really feel that strongly about it, you'd be more than welcome to buy it and send it to me. ;)

But seriously, though, didn't this just come out like two months ago? That's a drastic price drop in a very short amount of time. It makes me wonder what Universal's upcoming Back to the Future 4K set would be selling for by, say, Christmas instead of October 20. Obviously it won't go down to $9.99 because there's three movies in that one, but still.

Reactions: TravisR

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It seems like prior BTTF sets have always dropped shortly after release.

I imagine with catalog releases, they assume most of the die-hard fans have probably pre-ordered at the regular price or made a purchase in the first couple of weeks, so the only way to goose further sales is to drop the prices to get the more casual customers and those on the fence about dipping yet again for another version of a film that's been released numerous times on numerous formats.

I wasn't going to bother, already having a recent blu-ray, but for $10, that might get me to bite. *rimshot* :biggrin:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If we’re seeing the lifecycle of a new UHD accelerate this fast from brand new to massively discounted, that cannot bode well for the health of the format.

• Appreciate
Reactions: Adam Gregorich

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, that didn't last long. I had it in my shopping cart and was browsing a bit, and Amazon deleted it from my cart. So either it was a pricing error they just discovered and stopped sales, or they sold out of whatever quantity they had at that price while I was browsing.

So I ordered it instead from Best Buy, which has been shipping things faster than Amazon lately anyway, and had all three of the same titles I wanted at the same prices with free shipping.

Last edited:

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator
I missed the sale but when my arrived I expected the book to be in it based on the pictures on the site but it wasn't included. Anyone else get the book with there's?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My copy I ordered from Best Buy includes the book.

Surprised yours did not, as I didn't think there was any 4K version without it?

EDIT: Did you get a steelbook edition? Looks like those may not include the book.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karismatnmegu