What's new

Arrow (Season 6) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Sad news Quenton Lance is killed by Diaz. This is why Sara is in the finale. She visits her Dad with Black Siren apparently in the hospital before he dies. Sara is only in a scene or two. Caity Lotz filmed for one day only. Quenton's death may be what starts Black Siren on her road to redemption. Oliver is found guilty at his trial and sentenced to life in prison. Diaz may survive the season and be in Season 7. New Team Arrow is apparently not going anywhere and will be in Season 7. This info comes from various spoliers websites so take it with a grain of salt . I am disappointed they are doing another superhero in jail story after they already did this on The Flash. This one appears to be much grimmer than the Flash story with real death instead of being frame for a crime. I expect Oliver will escape in Season 7 and that will be the story for the first half of the season.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The latest episode didn't change my opinion that Diaz is a one-note villain, twirling his mustache and being as evil and sadistic as prime-time TV will allow. He hardly seems worthy of Green Arrow.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
They should have waited for the character to be written off the show before they announced he was leaving or only appearing occasionally next season. However there is no sign on the show as yet that indicates he is leaving. This is a big spoiler and it is unfair to those who don't want to know what is going to happen.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Good episode tonight. Nice seeing "Tommy" again. TVline has an interview with Colin Donnell where they discussed a rumor that Justin Hartley (Green Arrow on Smallville) might appear on Arrow, and if Colin hadn't been available, what if Justin showed up as the fake Green Arrow. That would have been so meta.

Not sure I bekieve the turn around of NTA. They hated Oliver and didn't like his methods. All the sudden they are willing to perjure themselves to save him when they know he is guilty? Rene is the one who betrayed Oliver back in November, why would he now change.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Kind of confirms he is leaving and not coming back.

Paul Blackthorne‏Verified account @PaulBlackthorne May 3
Well what a blast it’s been folks - thx to this amazing guy @stephenamell and everyone else on #Arrow for making it an experience I shall hold close to my heart forever. #Grateful

DcRxmqXVAAAo7Gq.jpg

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Diaz is such a hot headed maniac, I hope he gets an Arrow through his chest or a bullet from someone.
Always nice seeing Audrey Marie Michaels aka Lyla. Wish she was on more then a few episodes each season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I guess we're going to see a new set for the bunker next year. This was another good episode, but the situation with Diaz has gone on too long. He's too much of a one-note character to be an antagonist for half the season.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I guess we're going to see a new set for the bunker next year. This was another good episode, but the situation with Diaz has gone on too long. He's too much of a one-note character to be an antagonist for half the season.

Diaz has now murdered – what – two Quartet bosses? If the Quartet is such a powerful outfit as the show makes it out to be, I can't see the remaining members lying down and waiting for him to go all psycho on them. More likely they will take him down and out – all the way out.

That still leaves the problem of the city police force and city government being corrupted to their core.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Paul Blackthorne‏ is going to be on a new show called The InBetween next season Its a mid season show on NBC. He plays a detective again.
The InBetween, a character-driven procedural that follows Cassie Bishop (Harriet Dyer of Australia’s Love Child), a young woman who was born with a gift, though she may call it a curse — she can see and communicate with the dead, helping them with their unresolved problems … whether she likes it or not.

When Cassie’s longtime friend, Detective Tom Hackett (played by Paul Blackthorne), and his new partner, former FBI Agent Damien Asante, need help solving a darkly puzzling murder, Cassie agrees to use her abilities. And despite her reluctance, she may have found a way to keep her demons at bay, all while solving some of the city’s most challenging cases.

As for Arrow in an interview this week on TVline,com
http://tvline.com/2018/05/15/arrow-paul-blackthorne-leaving-season-6-finale-quentin-lance/

Speaking with TVLine at EW/People‘s Upfronts Week party, Blackthorne teased “an interesting exit” for cop-turned-interim mayor Quentin Lance. “It’s a beautiful exit, actually,” he quickly added. “A very nice exit, as exits go!”

Reflecting on his Season 6 arc, Blackthorne said “it was interesting to play” Quentin’s interactions with dead daughter Laurel’s Earth-Two doppelgänger, who for a stretch there, as the meta-powered Black Siren, helped Diaz terrorize Star City.

“It was kind of a mind-screw, the whole thing, in terms of who she was, reconciling that new relationship, and him trying to find hope in her and everything that she had gone through and become,” the English actor shared.

“All those scenes with Katie [Cassidy], it was a lot of fun,” he continued. “We’ve had six years of playing all that stuff, and it’s been a real, real treat. It’s a shame to see that go, but it’s wonderful to be in this new place now.”

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I hated that they made Oliver apologize to all of the people who'd wronged him over the course of the season.

But I thought Stephen Amell gave one of his best performances of the entire series tonight. And I really, really liked the endgame. It was Oliver putting his mission first, and doing that in a really unconventional way while taking responsibility for his choices. Even as he's hauled to prison, it's a triumphant moment for him. He was impeached and he's about to be imprisoned, but the whole city knows that he's the good guy and the people who've clawed him down are the bad guys.

If I were Felicity and John, I'd be on the phone to President Brayden for pardon. The Green Arrow did save her life from the Dominators, after all.

Hopefully they don't drag things out with Diaz too long next season. He's a villain that's already long overstayed his welcome.

Re: the cast member's departure:
I mostly thought it was a good ending for Quentin. He stood by his convictions and he saved Black Siren's life. I loved the conversation between him and Oliver. Given that they were able to get Caity Lotz for this episode, I wish Sara had gotten to have one last conversation with her father.

It was interesting seeing Black Siren and White Canary finally meet one another, though.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Is there some rule that when a Lance dies their immediate family don’t get a chance to say good-bye? We got Sara back on Arrow, why couldn’t she arrive before he went into surgery ? Quentin was not there when ether of his two daughters died. Really disappointed Caity Lotz did’t get a scene with Paul Blackthorne. How would Black Siren be able to contact Sara ? Its not like they had actually met before.

It kind of seemed obvious to the audience as it did to Felicity that with Ollie saying I am sorry to everyone and giving Diggle the costume that Ollie was getting ready to leave somewhere. If Stephen Amell were leaving the series this would have been a good way for him to leave while the series continued . Not a great season of Arrow. Not happy we are going to have a repeat of superhero in Jail as was done with the Flash earlier this season. The difference here, of course is Ollie is guilty.

Why wasn’t more consideration given to Felicity and William before Ollie told the public he was the Green Arrow? He said they can take up residence in an Argus facility but they now also have a life sentence as they will never be safe. Not sure what purpose having William serves anyway. What did he bring to the series other than to be someone to worry about. He seems to have no problems with his mother dying and living with two strangers who are now telling him they are his parents. I don't recall any scenes where he talked about his mother dying. Also no scenes where he has a problem with Felicity being his parent or his father marrying her. He is fine with everything. Pretty much all he did this season is say he is scared, he didn’t understand, and guilt-ed Ollie about being Green Arrow.

Kurtis was in the finale but had nothing to do.

I was thinking maybe they would take a large time jump when next season begins and say Ollie has been in prison for 5 years or something. Then William could be in college and we would never have to see him again. However an interview with the departing show runner on TVline.com said it will only be about 6 months later when the show resumes in the fall. I guess that would a problem for the crossover unless all the shows jumped ahead 5 years or Ollie took the Waverider five years into the past, or Ollie was not in the crossover.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've always said this show does intensity better than most, and this episode proved that. It was nice to see Oliver outsmart Diaz finally, after many episodes that didn't seem plausible that he'd get away. I also didn't think Diaz was a villain worthy of the show. He was just a thug.

And Quentin's death seems like a ritual sacrifice -- seems like every season someone has to be written off to show that there are consequences to crime-fighting. He didn't have to go.

I wonder if Oliver going to jail is setting up a SuperMax-type of story line that was rumored for a Green Arrow movie 10 or 15 years ago. Like with The Flash, obviously, jail time can't last long or the show will be without its lead.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
For those wondering: The Season Six Arrow blu-rays include all four episodes of the crossover. There are 26 episodes in all (23 Arrow episodes, 1 Flash, 1 Supergirl, 1 Legends).

Why this wasn't made clear in the press release, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks