What's new

Arrow (Season 6) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The sixth season of the emerald archer's saga will premiere Thursday, Oct. 12 at 9/8c on the CW.

Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread
Season 3 thread
Season 4 thread
Season 5 thread

When we last left Oliver Queen, he had finally defeated Adrian Chase. But his victory came at a terrible price: Having failed to get Oliver to kill him, Chase committed suicide, and his death triggered a devastating series of bombs planted all across the island of Lian Yu. With almost all of his friends, teammates and loved ones on the island, Oliver watched helplessly with his son from aboard a boat just offshore as the entire island went up in flames.

Katie Cassidy is back as a series regular, playing evil Earth-2 doppelganger Black Siren. After recurring last season, Rick Gonzalez and Juliana Harkavy have been promoted to series regulars for Season 6.

Michael Emerson has been cast as one of the villains for season six. The identity of his character has not yet been revealed.

Also Returning: Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson, David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev and Kacey Rohl as Helix hacker Alena.

The fates of Diggle (David Ramsey), Thea (Willa Holland), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Curtis (Echo Kellum), Evelyn (Madison McLaughlin), Samantha (Anna Hopkins) are still unknown.

Now that all of Oliver's five missing years have been filled in, the flashbacks will be employed to deepen understanding of characters rather than further a second chronological plot. Not every episode will have flashbacks.

Comic-Con 2017 Trailer:

TVLine Cast Interview

Last edited:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I would say that there's at least a 90% chance that Samantha isn't going to make it.

Felicity should be safe since she has already appeared -- or been referenced -- in various futures depicted on "Legends of Tomorrow".

I suppose there is some genuine concern for the Diggle, Thea, and Curtis characters at this point.

October 5th can't get here soon enough!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
So so tired of endless boring flashbacks that have to be fast forwarded through! Haven't they caught up yet? This year they should be falashing back to what happened to Oliver Queen last night!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
No more flashbacks to the 5 years Ollie was on the island and elsewhere, but there will be other character flashbacks. They will not be serialize like the previous flashbacks and they won't be every week. They mentioned there will be a Deathstroke/Slade flashback when the character returns in the later part of 2017. He is in the season premiere but the flashback(s) will be in a later episode. I think they said he will be back for a 2 parter.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I would say that there's at least a 90% chance that Samantha isn't going to make it.
!
My guess is that Samantha will be seriously injured rather than killed. Maybe in a coma. That would allow Ollie's son to stay with him for a while but also allow the boy to return to his recovered mother eventually. Ollie as full time single father, Mayor, and Green Arrow seems to be quite a full plate. Wouldn't Ollie consider being Green Arrow too dangerous if he has a son to raise especially since his being Green Arrow resulted in the death of Samantha if she died? Is he going to have Team Arrow take care of the boy when Ollie is not around. Are they going to start a daycare with Ollie's son and Rene's daughter?

I am more concerned about Quentin Lance as Paul Blackthorne was the only cast member not at Comic Con this year. I didn't hear or read anything about him not coming because of a scheduling conflict. This is unlike Supergirl panel where they mentioned Chyler Leigh was unable to attend due to a family emergency.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The TVline youtube video is great in that it was the first time Stephen Amell (and some others in the cast) heard about Michael Emerson being cast on the show - they freak out in delight.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The 2017-18 crossover event will be entitled “Crisis on Earth-X”. Unlike last year's crossover, which only featured a brief scene at the tail-end of the "Supergirl" episode, which was then mostly repeated on "The Flash", this will be a true four-way crossover telling one story over four episodes on two nights.

"Last year, it was like, you know, Flash showed up on 'Supergirl' and then it was an episode of 'The Flash', an episode of 'Arrow', and an episode of 'Legends'," Stephen Amell told audiences at the Salt Lake Comic Con. "But this year is just a four-hour movie."

The crossover will kick off on "Supergirl" on Monday, November 27th at 8/7c. The story will segue into an episode of "Arrow" airing immediately after, on a special night and time (Monday, November 27th at 9/8c). The action will pick up on "The Flash" the following night (Tuesday, November 28th at 8/7c) and conclude with "Legends of Tomorrow" (Tuesday, November 28th at 9/8c).

While heroes from the four CW shows are gathered for the wedding of Barry Allen and Iris West, the Reichsmen from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda. Earth-X, which will be featured in the upcoming animated CW Seed series "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", is another Earth where Nazi Germany won World War II. Between Earth-1 and Earth-38 in the multiverse, it features twisted doppelgangers of heroes from both Earths. These include Overgirl (a doppelganger of Supergirl), Blitzen (a doppelganger of The Flash) and a dark doppelganger of Green Arrow. Joining the side of good will be a new superhero, The Ray, played by Russell Tovey, who will also voice the character in the animated series.

“We conceived this year’s crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids,” said executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg in a statement.

Comic artist Phil Jimenez created a faux-comic book cover poster for the crossover:
dctv-crossover_2017_fall_001-jpg.40690

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The decision to parcel out the reveals of the characters' fates really hobbled this season premiere for me. The whole thing was constructed around the artifice of rolling out the characters in the writers' specific order.

I do like Katie Cassidy much better as Black Siren than I ever did as the Earth-1 Laurel. The fraught dynamics between both her and the "new" Black Canary and the Earth-1 doppelganger of her father are really interesting. She really hates Dinah Drake, but -- all bravado aside -- she took special pains to make sure Quentin Lance was out of harm's way for her attacks. I look forward to seeing where that relationship develops.

The stuff between Oliver and his son worked pretty well, too. I hope they slow burn that. And William's only a year or two older than Rene's daughter Zoe. It'd be interesting to see them develop a friendship, since they've both had pretty hard young lives and very few other kids have superheroes for parents.

Not a huge shocker that they put Thea in a coma. The last couple seasons Willa Holland has gone fractional; last season she was only signed for 14 episodes. If it's the same deal this season, they can have her comatose for the next nine episodes to explain her absence and then bring her back strong for the back half of the season.

Fates still unknown: The sisters al Ghul and Evelyn Sharp/Artemis.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a good opener, answering several questions from last season (but not all). But how many times are SCPD HQ and the Arrowcave going to be attacked? There was a large element of having seen this before.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
They should have had better security for the Arrow Cave. Interesting observations about Black Siren above.

I really wish they didn't do that Green Arrow identity reveal business. I am really tired of that type of plot.

The big question is who saved Black Siren and is funding all of this mayhem?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This season is off to a very good start. I maintain that Amell is the strongest lead in any of the DC CW shows.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Oliver Queen is really the only "adult" among the CW DC superhero shows, though that will likely change with Black Lightning at midseason.

I did groan a bit though when Diggle agreed to become the new Green Arrow despite a debilitating degenerative injury.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big Kacey Rohl fan, so it's nice to see a recurring role for her where she doesn't end up violently murdered.

In the episode last season where they broke Cayden James out of prison, they very conspicuously did not show his face so you knew they were going for name casting at some point.

But even they probably didn't think they'd get Michael effing Emerson. The writing on this show isn't what it used to be, and it's never been top notch. So it speaks to his talent that he makes his scenes feel well written.

And there's a fun sort of symmetry, with Black Siren being the evil version of Black Canary 1.0, and Cayden James basically being an evil Harold Finch.

Oliver is not a computer genius, but in the first season he was proficient enough to get by until Felicity came into the fold. So him manning Overwatch isn't exactly a huge stretch. It's nice to see him not being the mopey one this year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Click here for photos from “Supergirl”: “Crisis on Earth X, Part 1”

Arrow_S06_001.jpg

The Reichsmen. Pictured (L-R): Stephen Amell as Dark Arrow, Tom Cavanagh as Dark Flash, and Melissa Benoist as Overgirl

Arrow_S06_002.jpg

Concern at the Particle Accelerator. Pictured (L-R): Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers, Caity Lotz as Sara Lance, Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Candice Patton as Iris West

Click here for photos from “The Flash”: “Crisis on Earth X, Part 3”
Click here for photos from “Legends of Tomorrow”: “Crisis on Earth X, Part 4”

Given that the crossover this year is literally one 160-minute movie split into four parts, I really hope that they include the entire crossover in each of the season Blu-Rays.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Kind of surprising that they'd air a new episode on Thanksgiving, but it was definitely a festive hour for the holiday.

Our protagonists are backed into quite a corner, with forces closing in from all sides. And now Oliver is back to lying to the people that he loves.

Having a shared universe opens up a lot of exciting possibilities, but it also comes with restrictions. If I had to guess, the main reason the show forced Oliver back into the hood now is because next week's crossover needed the Oliver Queen Green Arrow. Having anybody but the star of the show as that character would have felt like a letdown.

The FBI agent is right in her facts, but willfully heedless of the consequences of her chosen course of action. She wants to prove her point, even if it results in a lot of innocent people getting killed.

In happier news, Thea has come out of her coma. Willa Holland was absent for five episodes while in the coma, which means that if she's again signed for 14 episodes this season, she's still got 12 left across the remaining 16 episodes in the season. Assuming she sits out the crossover event, that means she'll only be absent from three episodes for the remainder of the season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I haven't seen last night's yet and I am falling behind with these shows, although I don't want to. CW usually takes a break by now, but showing new episodes the week of (and on) Thanksgiving is bad news for those of us with other responsibilities. I see that Arrow had its lowest ratings ever last night, and of course it did.

I do like this season so far, but I could have used a break this week and next.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the first two parts of the crossover event tonight. My gosh, the main stars are earning their salaries playing dual roles with all those costume changes, etc. Also great to see Tommy again despite his being Nazi-based. Colin and Stephen always had the best chemistry, and even though I'm happy Colin has his own series now, that Tommy character has always been a favorite.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My thoughts specific to Part 1 have been posted in the "Supergirl" thread.

I watched the first two parts of the crossover event tonight. My gosh, the main stars are earning their salaries playing dual roles with all those costume changes, etc.
Each year the crossover event is more ambitious than the one before, but they've really stepped up their game this time around. The seams between the different shows are more seamless than ever before; even down to the titlecard. If you didn't pay attention to the credits, you won't know which episode is for which series. And the "Arrow" episode literally had nothing but series regulars and special guest stars.

Also great to see Tommy again despite his being Nazi-based. Colin and Stephen always had the best chemistry, and even though I'm happy Colin has his own series now, that Tommy character has always been a favorite.
Yeah, the producers had teased that the identity of Earth-X Prometheus would be a great surprise, and for once they didn't oversell it. With Donnell being a series regular on "Chicago Med", they really must have worked scheduling magic to pull that scene off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks