What's new

Android to Iphone data transfer? (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The company I work for uses Iphones for some unknown reason. I've been supplied with an Iphone6 to replace my GalaxyIV.

Anyone know an easy way to transfer data such as pics and contacts? I've tried "Device Switch". It gets to the data transferring stage and then gets stuck.

"Move to IOS" is out because I would have to reset the phone and re-run setup. That would result in all the company settings being wiped so that is out.

The phone is locked to prevent direct connection to computers for certain reasons.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So, your company switched phones, provided no service to transfer your data, and locked the phones down so you can’t do it yourself?

That sounds like a typical IT decision.

Can you round trip through web services? And/or connect your iPhone to the web google services you Galaxy is using?

What about export of the contacts to a file to try and import into the iPhones?

Here’s an idea of how that might work:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-import-contacts-to-an-iphone-from-a-csv-file

Things like photos should be easier: download the app for your iPhone for whatever google web photo service you’re already using.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was finally able to transfer my contacts by exporting them as .vcf file to my google mail account then adding the account to the Iphone. It took longer to find how to export them from the Galaxy S IV contact list than to get them linked. Everything came in okay, but what a PITA it is to export these files because every phone has a different way to access them.

I'll do the photos later, since they are nothing critical. I figure I can upload them to google photos and then link the account to the Iphone.

i'm just glad I didn't have to add all of my contacts by hand. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks