What's new

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
My shipping info on this item from Amazon is just bizarre. It says Unfortunately, we do not have tracking information for this delivery but includes a tracking number, which appears to be USPS number . When tracked it says tracking currently unavailable, try later. The shipper is listed as UPSM. I never heard of that and it is not listed in Amazon's list of shippers. Doesn't appear to be UPS or USPS. I will wait for expected arrival date and if it doesn't come I will contact Amazon. I am Amazon Prime so it should be two day shipping when shipped.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, my disc is missing in action too as I'm not sure it's even shipped yet despite the USPS tracking number. Here is one case in which Informed Delivery isn't helping much within the USPS system.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Yeah, my disc is missing in action too as I'm not sure it's even shipped yet despite the USPS tracking number. Here is one case in which Informed Delivery isn't helping much within the USPS system.

It's all very puzzling. Mine was shipped directly from WB Shop via UPS Innovations (UPS delivers it to the post office for final delivery) and I couldn't get the the tracking number to work until the other day. NOW the tracking number tells me that it was delivered to the post office across the river on November 30th with an expected delivery date of December 2nd! I emailed WB Shop two days ago to ask what gives but I've gotten no response at all. Weird.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Up until this morning it said by 10 this evening but it never had tracking info. Now it says Dec 14-15. Why should this be anymore reliable than any of the info I received before? If you attempt to order it now it says out of stock, look for it coming at the end of Jan. But who knows really? This is pretty unusual for Amazon Prime and I can only assume Warner way underestimated demand despite having quite a few pre-orders and fulfillment houses have all these orders they cannot ship. These shipping dates are generated by computer but even the computers have to get their info from somewhere. I assume.
How are they going to handle Harvey Girls which doesn't even have a street date until Dec15? I wouldn't count on these as Christmas gifts no matter when you ordered them.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I find online stores are being very, very conservative in their shipping estimates. I ordered a couple things from the NFL store that gave shipping estimates of Dec 16 and Dec 21. Both have already arrived, and one of those was an extra day late because FedEx aborted delivery due to some fictional "adverse weather conditions" in my area on Monday.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mine says delivery will be by 8 p.m. tonight. I already got one Amazon delivery this afternoon, but it wasn't The Pirate. Drat!

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Well I'm in shock. Good News in January. I thought I was the only who liked this movie and mention it all the time on my wish list. Comden and Green called it their 'Battleship Potemkin.' Which I thought was amusing because as far as musicals go I consider it one of the best. Clearly the god of blurays got tired of my kvetching.

• 'BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL TECHNICOLOR NEGATIVES'

Last edited:

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I got my disc of "The Pirate" yesterday in Southern California. BUT a box of Celestial Seasoning tea was delayed and according to Amazon tracking is in Sao Paulo, Brazil !!!!!!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
i think David and 'lark' have pretty well summed it up between them.
Now I hope that one day Warners thinks about issuing a disc of the greatest of the Technicolor shorts from the 40s .. top of the list for both its music and absolutely wonderful staging would have to be 'The Gay Parisian' from 1941 directed by the great Jean Negulesco and featuring the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo with Leonid Massine and even Cyd Charisse! I have it on DVD as part of the Warners Night at the Movies presentation of 'The Maltese Falcon' but it deserves serious Blu ray remastering.
It is in fact on the Blu ray of 'The Maltese Falcon' in a supposed HD transfer, which is a travesty and is totally unwatchable.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I have it on DVD as part of the Warners Night at the Movies presentation of 'The Maltese Falcon' but it deserves serious Blu ray remastering.
It is in fact on the Blu ray of 'The Maltese Falcon' in a supposed HD transfer, which is a travesty and is totally unwatchable.

You ain't kidding. It's the very reason I did NOT retire my DVD when the blu-ray came out!

Richard M S

Screenwriter

Me too! I am having the same issues with The Pirate from Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
While checking on my order at Amazon's site, I noticed that due to my order being late they gave me an option of getting a replacement or a refund for The Pirate. I chose the latter and will order it again later on as my unwatched pile of discs is already too large. Also, I'm in the middle of watching a bunch of Christmas movies so I'll try to order this again once the Holidays are over with.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
i've gotten the same message. i'm not going to respond and see what happens. amazon has

only created a tracking number for this order and never shipped anything out, let's see if

they will fix on their own.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
While checking on my order at Amazon's site, I noticed that due to my order being late they gave me an option of getting a replacement or a refund for The Pirate.

At least they acknowledge you. I emailed WB Shop on Monday, December 7th and got an auto response that I would get an email back within 24 hours. It's now Friday, December 11th and two additional follow up emails haven't even elicited an acknowledgment from them. Shoddy customer service.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
when you pull up The Pirate on amazon they're now saying 'ships in 1 to 4 weeks'.

bummer. The Harvey Girls and Curse of Frankenstein still saying a release date of december

15th, let's hope that holds up!

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
There is a phone number on the Warner site which I called when I received no acknowledgement of my order though I saw the charge in my bank account. They answered and were helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks