What's new

Richard M S

Supporting Actor
Did Amazon offer any options or solutions?

Yes, the options of cancel or replace. I already selected "Replace" a few days ago and a new order for The Pirate was created. Today the "Your Package May Be Lost" message remains asking me to make a choice.

On a related note I simultaneously followed up with a November 23 Barnes and Noble purchase of the Criterion bluray of The Great Escape. I received 2 emails - one with a tracking number for the replacement shipment and the other with a mailing label to return the original package (if it ever shows up.) The replacement should have arrived yesterday. I am still waiting for it.

My entire 11/27 WarnerArchive order and 12/4 KinoLorber order both remain unshipped, though my credit card was charged for both.

Hopefully they all will arrive soon.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]
My entire 11/27 WarnerArchive order and 12/4 KinoLorber order both remain unshipped, though my credit card was charged for both.
[...]
USPS delays, and the likes, are something I can understand when speaking of the holidays; which, in this year, will be further compounded with the immense rise in daily Covid cases.

Nonetheless, I am dead-set against charges being applied to a consumers credit card before the shipment has even been processed. IMHO, its akin to a waiter bringing me my bill, before the meal has even been placed on the grill.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
USPS delays, and the likes, are something I can understand when speaking of the holidays; which, in this year, will be further compounded with the immense rise in daily Covid cases.

Nonetheless, I am dead-set against charges being applied to a consumers credit card before the shipment has even been processed. IMHO, its akin to a waiter bringing me my bill, before the meal has even been placed on the grill.
USPS isn't even involved the vaccine delivery. Apropos of nothing. I placed an order with Hamilton Books after both the KINO and the WBShop order and the Hamilton Books order came today (Media Mail) :( ...

Having worked for a credit card provider, For them I can state that the merchant agreement only allowed the card to be CHARGED upon shipment. A PRE-AUTHORIZATION was required but the card would not be charged by the pre-authorization.

I did use the Google and in the US is there no legal requirement to not charge the card until the items ship. You may wish to check with your credit card provider to see what their policy is.

• Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I may have found the issue ...
1607835663146.png

It was probably oversold through AmaZon (like The Apartment before) ...

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My wife and I finished The Pirate. Really enjoyed Gene Kelly doing his own stunts, which was not spoiled at all by seeing some tiny white strings during the tightrope scene. I wonder if those would have held him up? And there probably was a cushion below? Anyway, I'm looking forward to listening to the commentary at some point in hopes that this and other mysteries will be revealed.

Interesting to think that in 1948 Gene Kelly also starred, along with Lana Turner, Vincent Price, Angela Lansbury and others in MGM's epic Technicolor production of The Three Musketeers. Here's hoping this one will be released by Warner Archive as well. Here's the trailer....

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
WBShop website doesn't guarantee that any order placed by December 10th will arrive in time for Christmas. They just say any orders placed after December 10th won't arrive by Christmas. This is for information purposes. There is no penalty if shipping is late.

*Please note that due to the many challenges faced by warehouse facilities across the country and by all leading shipping carriers, including UPS, FedEx, and the USPS, we are unable to guarantee Christmas delivery by ground shipping on purchases made after December 10th, 2020.

Like others my November 27th order was charged but has not yet shipped. This was the 4 for $44 sale.

The multiple disc Warner Archive sets that were up to 40% off and not part of the 4 for $44 sale did ship.

Last edited:

cinemel1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mel Matsil
USPS isn't even involved the vaccine delivery. Apropos of nothing. I placed an order with Hamilton Books after both the KINO and the WBShop order and the Hamilton Books order came today (Media Mail) :( ...

Having worked for a credit card provider, For them I can state that the merchant agreement only allowed the card to be CHARGED upon shipment. A PRE-AUTHORIZATION was required but the card would not be charged by the pre-authorization.

I did use the Google and in the US is there no legal requirement to not charge the card until the items ship. You may wish to check with your credit card provider to see what their policy is.

I’ve been waiting for my ”Pirate” for about a week. It was shipped and I’ve been following the shipment and the package has been traveling all over Long Island. Why do these things happen only with the movies that we are most anxious to receive!

roxy1927

Supporting Actor
Real Name
vincent parisi
So I see Amazon has finally debited my bank account for this item which I ordered mid Nov so I should really be receiving it by tomorrow. Unless it ends up in Brazil.

JoelA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I got an Amazon shipping notice that THE HARVEY GIRLS has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. We shall see!

I certainly hope that's the case. Based upon your post I checked Amazon and they said delivery for The Harvey Girls would be Dec. 17th if I ordered today, so I went ahead and placed the order. As you said, we'll see.

Out of curiosity I checked the current status of The Pirate and they're giving it a delivery window of Dec. 28th to Jan. 7th now. Have you received your copy yet?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Out of curiosity I checked the current status of The Pirate and they're giving it a delivery window of Dec. 28th to Jan. 7th now. Have you received your copy yet?

Nope. WB Shop told me they'd have an expedited replacement out on FRIDAY but, naturally, I've gotten no confirmation of any kind as of yet.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
You're lucky you received a reply. I'm still waiting. Hope you receive it soon.

Well the only reason I got a response is because I took the advice and called the number on the website. I feel that I might just have gotten a placating runaround though.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Amazon.com has recommenced shipment to Australia. Useful only for multi-purchases to save on postage, so on the way is The Harvey Girls accompanied by the best live concert movie ever made, Jazz on a Summer's Day, newly transferred in 4K.
With luck, Amazon will ship off The Harvey Girls immediately rather than wait for release of the second disc. They tend to do that, and not charge extra postage for the split shipment. Other Aussies take note .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rklinger