What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
WB Shop seems to be very slow. I ordered from their last sale on 11/27, and have yet to receive any kind of update or shipping notice.

Richard M S

Supporting Actor
I ordered on 11/27 and received no response to my 12/9 tweet asking the status. Meanwhile their website now states 2 day shipping is required for delivery by Christmas. So who knows when I will get them.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
My sympathies to the Kino Lorber support team. They ask us repeatedly to use their online form for inquiries, yet people continue to email or tweet them instead and then wonder why they don't get a response.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
My sympathies to the Kino Lorber support team. They ask us repeatedly to use their online form for inquiries, yet people continue to email or tweet them instead and then wonder why they don't get a response.

What does the Kino Lorber support team have to do with Warner Archive or WB Shop?

The only "contact us" method on a WB Shop order leads to an email address which then says (in plain English) that they will respond in 24 hours. Unless you know something I don't, there is no additional online form.

roxy1927

Supporting Actor
Real Name
vincent parisi
No, Warner has a phone number. I just got the status on my order I placed before Thanksgiving. You'll hold while doing other work and they eventually answer.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
No, Warner has a phone number. I just got the status on my order I placed before Thanksgiving. You'll hold while doing other work and they eventually answer.

I saw that in your previous post and thank you for the info, I was able to find it on the website itself. Thanks again for being kind about it.

roxy1927

Supporting Actor
Real Name
vincent parisi
I wasn't sure if that went through as I didn't see it on my phone. But be aware that you will wait a very long time as if there is nobody there but they do eventually pick up.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I wasn't sure if that went through as I didn't see it on my phone. But be aware that you will wait a very long time as if there is nobody there but they do eventually pick up.

Thank you, again, Vincent, it was a GREAT help. The number isn't listed when they send you the shipping notice via email but it is listed on the website itself and they're expediting a new copy out. Thank you.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
What does the Kino Lorber support team have to do with Warner Archive or WB Shop?

The only "contact us" method on a WB Shop order leads to an email address which then says (in plain English) that they will respond in 24 hours. Unless you know something I don't, there is no additional online form.
My apologies. That's what I get for reading too many threads at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As many others have said, the transfer is night and day from the old, lackluster DVD. "The Pirate Ballet" has never been so brazenly colorful before and looks far more dimensional than in any previous home video version.

I think what surprised me most was the ease with which I was able to notice details in the costumes that I had never noticed before: the multi-colored cravat in Kelly's first coat costume: I've never noticed that before. The sequins in Garland's "Mack the Black" dress. The gold threading and greenish patterns in the black veil she wears with the rust-colored ball gown. There was just so much more to see this time around.

In a word, stupendous.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My wife and I watched the first 40 minutes or so of the new blu-ray of The Pirate last night, and it looks and sounds fantastic! A dream come true for fans of this over-the-top musical! Many thanks to all at Warner Archive.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Message today from Amazon says ‘Your package may be lost’.
I suspect one of these
1607799602037.png

Might have "acquired" it ... ;)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I got a surprise in the mail today. "The Pirate" arrived. Ordered from Amazon on December 5. Tracking on Amazon still says expected December 18th.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I wonder if Garyb checked to see if the parcel was correctly addressed to him. If it arrived early, then maybe that’s one of the “lost” copies.:rolleyes:

Keep us posted if additional copies come your way.;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rklinger