What's new

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
I got my copy in the mail last week. It looks absolutely stunning. Wow! It is perfection. I love this film more all the time. It is odd and unusual. There is nothing like it. It is sort of a dark comedy, farce, fantasy, romance, tongue-in-cheek film. It is nothing like what was being done at the time. I wish the other footage that was shot existed, but as Louis B. Mayer said, when he saw it, "We're gonna get raided by the cops." So it was probably immediately burned.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I'm so jealous of all of you who've seen it so far. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order and ordered through WAC directly last week and this order is still awaiting fulfillment. And it's no longer on HBO Max just as I got the service. Talk about putting "patience is a virtue" to the test.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
My Amazon pre-order first said Nov 24 and after a couple of changes now says Dec 9. We shall see. After being notified of the Warner 4 for 44 on this site I made a purchase. I'm told they'll be shipping this coming week. So I'm assuming I'll be receiving them the week after that.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I'm so jealous of all of you who've seen it so far. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order and ordered through WAC directly last week and this order is still awaiting fulfillment. And it's no longer on HBO Max just as I got the service. Talk about putting "patience is a virtue" to the test.

Was it actually ON HBO Max? I never saw it listed.

I'm in the exact same boat you are. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order on 11/23 and ordered it from WB Shop since the website said they were shipping on the 24th. It still says that, by the way. It finally changed to "shipped" on 11/30 but if you look at the tracking it ALSO says that the USPS is awaiting the item so who knows?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I received my copy from December 2nd and it was shipped November 24th. I guess it was just stuck in mail hell. The transfer is very lovely and candy to the eyes.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]but if you look at the tracking it ALSO says that the USPS is awaiting the item[...]
Too bad the USPS tracking board doesn’t have an additional box for us to tick, which would ideally read as: “I, too, am also Awaiting”.

Having once worked for the USPS, we would have plastic wrapped palates of monolithic-like height that; based on its Class Mail and Due Dates; wouldn’t be broken down for distribution until it’s paid for time. Make no mistake, there were droves of other prioritized palates being timely tended to, as our postal workers do hustle and admirably keeps up with the daily demands. But even my being within the space and action as one of its workers, it ironically bemused me; for during the hay-days of Twilight Time sales, I knew exactly when my parcel was in the room...it was right within my reach...and yet, I would have to wait until the next working day before we could cut open that coveted plastic sealed tower and dive into the jigsaw puzzle of multi-shaped parcels, so squarely and brilliantly stacked.

Even now, the magic of awaiting a cardboard parcel box filled with BDs has never waned.

Last edited:

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'm so jealous of all of you who've seen it so far. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order and ordered through WAC directly last week and this order is still awaiting fulfillment. And it's no longer on HBO Max just as I got the service....

Was it actually ON HBO Max? I never saw it listed.

I'm fairly sure it has not been on HBO Max yet. Many of these restorations do show up on HBO Max. For those of us still waiting, let's hope it's soon, but I doubt it will be before January.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
just received my Libeled Lady disc today, and The Pirate should arrive on me birthday dec. 9th.

hope both the Harvey Girls and Curse of F arrive next week on time!!

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I got mine Pirate more than a week shipped from US to Australia. The above posts make little sense.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I got mine Pirate more than a week shipped from US to Australia. The above posts make little sense.
If you lived here you would completely know how erratic the U S Postal System has been ... (No US mail until 6:15pm and the next day one delivery before noon and another after 5:30pm. We would only have one delivery around 4:30 pm before the new Postmaster General was appointed.)

Amazon (who uses their own driver system and has distribution centers within my area) stated I would not get "Rio Grande" Signature edition until December 13th-23rd. Then said it was coming December 9th. It then arrived Saturday December 5th.

Best Buy advised that UPS had stated that my Black Friday week order would not be delivered on this coming Monday (usually via UPS- but sometimes passed to US Postal - they are the only ones who are the one who can legally put anything in the mail box/slot) but won't be delivered until next week.

From the Barnes & Noble sale, The Irishman came last Thursday (by US Postal) whereas the Essential Fellini boxset came last Tuesday (release day) via UPS - both were shipped on the same day from the same location.

Reactions: PMF

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I had two Amazon orders that were confirmed as delivered last Sunday on my order page. They showed up three days later. I've gotten used to not worrying when it says delivered and I don't see it.

Pirate still scheduled for me for Dec 9. Looks like current price on prime has gone up $4. And delivery after Christmas. They are now doing list price?

Anything with what they used to call raving beauty Lucille Bremer.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We're having all kinds of issues here in the States with our logistical chains. Frankly, USPS is really bad right now while UPS and FedEx are better, but not as good as pre-pandemic conditions.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
In many areas, the US Postal Service offers "Informed Delivery Digest", where you receive an email every morning showing the day's mail. Before, I used it just for curiosity sake to see what was coming that day. Now, it is invaluable when your mail doesn't show up for two or three days at a time, so you'll know what's missing.

But as "Crawdaddy" mentions above, both UPS and FedEx have also suffered. I have signed up for tracking services for both, which I also highly recommend. In FedEx's case, I receive notices that something is arriving, usually followed at 8:00 pm by another notice that maybe it will arrive tomorrow instead. As for UPS, their "Track your Delivery" service is entertaining - it follows the truck carrying your package on a local map, and I think our local delivery man is Billy from The Family Circus comic strip.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I don't see much hope for better USPS service in the near future. The postmaster general is in his position for a while. As I understand it, he cannot be easily fired. If I am misinformed, please correct my misunderstanding.

Our mail is often delivered 7-9 pm, especially if a sub is on the route. Our excellent regular carrier tells me they have been slammed by Amazon packages and election materials. However, the election is over, and now Amazon is delivering their own packages in our area --- and very efficiently!!!!! I can tell when our regular USPS carrier is on the route --- Mail is delivered much earlier in the day, AND if a package is involved, ALL mail is delivered to our front porch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks