What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The biggest red flag regarding Mrs. Rice for me is that she married Ray after the incident in the elevator took place. While I do not know her, either, it certainly brings into question her motives.

Anyway, there are now several sources claiming that the NFL did indeed have the video in question. As I said before, though, I do not understand why it makes any difference. What was seen on the video is exactly what was reported months ago to have happened. Basically, the Ravens released Rice and the NFL increased the suspension not because they saw the video, but because the public saw the video.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
The biggest red flag regarding Mrs. Rice for me is that she married Ray after the incident in the elevator took place. While I do not know her, either, it certainly brings into question her motives.

Anyway, there are now several sources claiming that the NFL did indeed have the video in question. As I said before, though, I do not understand why it makes any difference. What was seen on the video is exactly what was reported months ago to have happened. Basically, the Ravens released Rice and the NFL increased the suspension not because they saw the video, but because the public saw the video.
Besides your stated reasoning, I can come up with a couple of reasons why she did, but what's the point?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I would be hesitant to question the motives of a battered woman. While common sense suggests that marrying Ray entitles her to a portion of his bankroll, if money was her motive filing a restraining order and suing him for pain and suffering would have worked just as well.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:

IMO, that's a powerful argument against those who are complaining that public release of the video is an invasion of privacy.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
They may not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in a public area, but that doesn't mean that I'd like seeing a video of me being clocked all over the internet and on multiple outlets on television / cable.

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And now it's Adrian Peterson. Child abuse indictment. He says he gave stern discipline. The Vikings have deactivated him for Sundays game.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I feel sorry for RG3. Two years ago, he was one of the game's bright young stars. Now his career appears to be in tatters.
Holy crap. Chargers beat Seattle 30-21. I'm in shock.
Gotta give the Chargers credit for not being intimidated by those guys.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Johnny Angell said:
Holy crap. Chargers beat Seattle 30-21. I'm in shock.
Not me Johnny. The Chargers are once again Super Bowl bound. ;)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The Bears go into Santa Clara and beat the Niners. :lol:Hey Kaep stop looking like an idiot and put a bend in that bill.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
RobertR said:
I feel sorry for RG3. Two years ago, he was one of the game's bright young stars. Now his career appears to be in tatters.
Blame it on me. I drafted RGIII in my fantasy league. I've caused more injuries in the NFL than Lawrence Taylor on coke! :lol:

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Johnny Angell said:
And now it's Adrian Peterson. Child abuse indictment. He says he gave stern discipline. The Vikings have deactivated him for Sundays game.
It may be how he was raised, but in my mind, discipline NEVER leaves scars.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dheiner said:
It may be how he was raised, but in my mind, discipline NEVER leaves scars.
Exactly. My father went "beyond" numerous times(he was bipolar, anything set off "rage").Ages ago I was at a party and kids were there. Some "barely an acquaintance"'s 5 year old kept picking up a matchbook(candles were lit around the house). The mother kept going "you don't touch matches". That went on 10 times. I fianally put the matches in a drawer. This kid opened the drawer and I promptly shut his fingers in it. No marks left, but some other parents thought it was way over done.He never touched matches the rest of the night.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So i was watching the Chargers last night. Seahawks have just turned the ball over on downs and it's inside of 2 minutes left in the game. The Chargers take a knee on first down and maybe 3 seconds tick off the clock and it stops. The Hawks had no timeouts left and the Chargers sure wouldn't take one. It wasn't the 2 minute warning either.

Anyone have any idea why the clock would be stopped? Apparently no one on the field objected and the announcers made no note of it. The clock did not restart until the ball was snapped.

I think it's important because that stoppage kept the Chargers from completely running out the clock. After 3 kneels, they kicked a field goal. And of course, nothing can go wrong on a field goal. ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Judging from online chitchat, it sounds like it was a mistake by the TV broadcast crew. There was an earlier TO that was an injury TO or possibly called by the Chargers, and they mistakenly took it from the Seahawks and never fixed it. The folks on the field wouldn't have known about it, thus no reaction from them.

I also saw mention of a Harvin TD that apparently should've been called back!

Nice to see the Pats looking like the Pats again, even if the game was overshadowed by the unfortunate AP situation.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Aaron Silverman said:
Judging from online chitchat, it sounds like it was a mistake by the TV broadcast crew. There was an earlier TO that was an injury TO or possibly called by the Chargers, and they mistakenly took it from the Seahawks and never fixed it. The folks on the field wouldn't have known about it, thus no reaction from them.

I also saw mention of a Harvin TD that apparently should've been called back!

Nice to see the Pats looking like the Pats again, even if the game was overshadowed by the unfortunate AP situation.
The Seahawks had to TO to give. Couldn't have taken it from them.

Yeah, a 50 yard run and about the 20-25 nearly half his foot goes out of bounds. How the on field refs missed it is hard to accept, but replay central also missed it? What a boner.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There was lots to like about the Charger game, but even with all the time of possession advantage, if just a thing or two was nudged the other way, the Seahawks could win it. After over 50 years of rooting for the Chargers, it's hard to get away from the "glass if half empty" mode.

One thing I really liked was when the Hawks had the ball at their 10 with less than 2 minutes and had to have a TD. In years past, the Chargers would have played a soft defense, "don't let them get by us deep". They would have given yards. I'm sure the Seahawks would have gotten at least to the 50. Yesterday, they played them like they only had 20 yards to defend. They came up and stuffed everything they did. I liked that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks