What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Johnny Angell said:
One thing I really liked was when the Hawks had the ball at their 10 with less than 2 minutes and had to have a TD. In years past, the Chargers would have played a soft defense, "don't let them get by us deep". They would have given yards. I'm sure the Seahawks would have gotten at least to the 50. Yesterday, they played them like they only had 20 yards to defend. They came up and stuffed everything they did. I liked that.
I wish teams would play that way on defense with a lead more often. All the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
It was good to see the Eagles clinch their division last night. They will need to win games on the road if they are to be a serious contender this year. ;) Seriously, I am happy that they won. For the most part I am an AFC guy at heart, but last night I was pulling for them (for various reasons) and they didn't disappoint.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554318

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Scott,

Yes, it's difficult to think of a scenario where Philly doesn't win that division -- maybe a rash of injuries, along with Kirk Cousins becoming the next Peyton Manning in D.C.? Of course, I thought the Pats were a lock in the bad AFC East before the season began, too, and now I am not so sure.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,I have nothing against RGIII, but I would really love to see Cousins start a few games for the Redskins. He looked really good in the game last year (or was it the year before?) when RGIII was hurt and he rallied the team. Speaking of him possibly becoming the next Peyton Manning in D.C., remember what happened when a guy named Bledsoe went down with an injury a few years ago? ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Johnny Angell said:
The Seahawks had to TO to give. Couldn't have taken it from them.
No, what I meant was that the TV people mistakenly "charged" a TO (in their on-screen graphics) to the Seahawks earlier in the game and never fixed it. So for those watching on TV, it *looked* like they had no TOs left when they actually still had one.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Aaron Silverman said:
No, what I meant was that the TV people mistakenly "charged" a TO (in their on-screen graphics) to the Seahawks earlier in the game and never fixed it. So for those watching on TV, it *looked* like they had no TOs left when they actually still had one.
Ok. That makes sense.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
schan1269 said:
Exactly. My father went "beyond" numerous times(he was bipolar, anything set off "rage").
Sounds like a typical Asian dad (who was raised in Asian culture), if any little hints of disrespect was shown. What Peterson did, is not far off from what typically happens in Asian households, where physical punishment is not uncommon, and even encouraged. I should know, since I was raised in one.

It may have worked when I was younger, but when becoming a teenager, it would end up having the reverse effect. And let me tell you, getting hit by a stick or pole a few times, hurts like freaking hell, sometimes to the point where I could not even walk for some time, or limp. And it could be for things like talking back, or forgetting to bring home a book from school, or throwing controllers to the ground when being told to stop playing games. I could list a whole bunch more.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Ockeghem said:
Scott,I have nothing against RGIII, but I would really love to see Cousins start a few games for the Redskins. He looked really good in the game last year (or was it the year before?) when RGIII was hurt and he rallied the team. Speaking of him possibly becoming the next Peyton Manning in D.C., remember what happened when a guy named Bledsoe went down with an injury a few years ago? ;)
Let's see... one guy was replaced with a QB from Michigan, and the other with a QB from Michigan State. Coincidence... or fate? ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dheiner said:
Scott,

Lions favored over GB. What do you think?
They are? I didn't see the betting line, John. I think the Pack wins the game - the Lions bad secondary will not be able to contain Rodgers. And if it somehow comes down to field goals, Detroit's rookie kicker has been very shaky.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Scott Merryfield said:
They are? I didn't see the betting line, John. I think the Pack wins the game - the Lions bad secondary will not be able to contain Rodgers. And if it somehow comes down to field goals, Detroit's rookie kicker has been very shaky.
I just hope Rodgers makes it through the game. Freaking Suh is one scary dude.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, it seems like TB is back to being the league's joke team (possibly along with the Raiders). Lovie Smith looked completely shell-shocked from the first moments until the end.

Against a good team that doesn't repeatedly turn the ball over or continuously blow defensive coverages, the Falcons won't have such an easy time.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dheiner said:
And violent and uncontrolled.
Fans of opposing teams should look forward to facing Suh. There is a good chance he'll do something stupid at a critical point and draw a 15 yard penalty. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Watching NFL on channel 4 and some highlights of Miami Dolphins vs Oakland Raiders.

Next game live New Orleans Saints vs Dallas Cowboys.

I think Dallas Cowboys will win the game. Kick now starts 2:30am.

NFL Schedule guide.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/nfl-the-american-football-show/articles/all/our-sunday-nfl-2014-schedule-on-channel-4

10703796_10152727552910149_1704345268924023823_n.jpg

10356257_10152727567045149_2993595408853582494_n.jpg

I noticed Bose headphones that replaces Motorola.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks