2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
No problem Scott! :)

Robert,Surely I thought you were going to write, "But you may call me Robert." ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am shocked to see that the Lions released kicker Alex Henery today! :D Jay Feeley is rumored to be their next kicker. If that's the case, I think I'll try out. Feeley's not much younger than me! :P

Henery was 1 of 5, while the rookie he replaced was 3 of 7. That's some fine kicking.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,

I would rather see Prater as their next kicker. I like his work from 50+ yards.

And I can't for the life of me understand why Scott Merryfield wanted this guy to be coach-of-the-year for two successive years.

Jim-Schwartz.jpg

;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The funniest thing about Schwartz being carried off the field at Ford Field (who would have ever thought that could happen?) is that the Lions are still paying him. It could only happen to this franchise.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Johnny Angell said:
Ok, what are going to be the best games tomorrow (10/12)? The most exciting and competitive.
San Diego and Oakland (it will go down to the wire). ;) Dallas and Seattle will also be a good one. :)

Whew! That was a close one for the (now 5-1) Chargers. And although I don't usually root for the Cowboys, I am making an exception today given whom they are playing. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, that was an impressive win by the Cowboys today over the Seahawks (and in Seattle, no less). And this really caught my eye. I never thought the name of my all-time favorite running back would be seen in a recap today:

"Murray became the second running back in NFL history to start a season with six straight 100-yard rushing games, matching Jim Brown. And he did it against the league's best run defense, which had not allowed a running back more than 38 yards in a game this season."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554305

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I really hate to say anything nice about the 'boys, but that was an impressive game they played, and in Seattle. That was more impressive the the chargers win over Seattle in San Diego. What happened to the Dallas D that was going to be so bad?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Johnny,I don't know about you, but I've already looked into purchasing my Super Bowl tickets. Why? Because I really want to see how the Chargers do on the big stage this year. ;)

What, too soon for that kind of talk? Just be glad they don't bring back Norv Turner. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My local (ATL) sports radio talk this morning was all about sacking all the GM, the head coach, and the offensive and defensive coordinators for the 2-4 Falcons. LOL! It got so loud in the Georgia Dome that the Falcons had to take a time-out due the loud cheering by rambunctious Bears fans in attendence. Geez...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Johnny Angell said:
I really hate to say anything nice about the 'boys, but that was an impressive game they played, and in Seattle. That was more impressive the the chargers win over Seattle in San Diego.What happened to the Dallas D that was going to be so bad?
Seattle hasn't been playing to their potential. Dallas played a good game. Trying to find out more about the Percy Harvin trade...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
According to ESPN's Adam Schefler, who usually has good insider information, Harvin was a problem in the locker room since his arrival. He's had altercations with Golden Tate and Baldwin, and declined to re-enter the game last Sunday. Seattle decided to cut their losses now and move on without him. I think the Seahawks, with their conservative run-oriented offense, struggled to find ways to use Harvin, too. He just wasn't a good fit on the team. Now he is banished to offensive purgatory with the Jets.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was able to watch a little of the Lions future placekicker on Saturday -- Michael Hunnicutt from Oklahoma :lol: . He's supposedly an All-America who holds or soon will hold several Big 12 conference records. Well, in OU's 31-30 loss to Kansas State, he missed a 32 yard FG, a 19 yard FG, and had a PAT blocked. Brutal.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott Merryfield said:
Well, in OU's 31-30 loss to Kansas State, he missed a 32 yard FG, a 19 yard FG, and had a PAT blocked. Brutal.
So in other words Scott, he should fit right in with the Lions' recent kickers. ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dheiner said:
Detroit does NOT get to bitch about kickers. EVER.
No bitching going on here, John. The Lions are only a source of amusement for me these days, so I find the current kicking situation humorous. I gave up my emotional investment in the team during the Matt Millen era. I decided since ownership didn't care if the team won, why should I care?

That being said, the Saints looked like the Lions yesterday as they turned what looked like an easy win into a bad loss very quickly in the 4th quarter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks