What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I suspect Arthur Blank will be cleaning house after this season due to the wretched-ness of the Falcons season so far. They need some linemen STAT.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick Sun said:
I suspect Arthur Blank will be cleaning house after this season due to the wretched-ness of the Falcons season so far. They need some linemen STAT.
It's surprising to me how the Falcons have fallen. I thought the team showed so much promise under Mike Smith when he first took over.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mike Smith had a good 5 year run, but, again, the offensive and defensive line play has been atrocious. Sad to see them flying high 2 years ago, and now, at the bottom of the stack.

New Orleans is a tough-luck team this season, more close losses than I can remember.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick Sun said:
Mike Smith had a good 5 year run, but, again, the offensive and defensive line play has been atrocious. Sad to see them flying high 2 years ago, and now, at the bottom of the stack.

New Orleans is a tough-luck team this season, more close losses than I can remember.
If the Falcons dump Smith, he will not be unemployed for very long. I would think teams looking for a head coach would be standing in line to hire him.

The Saints may have had bad luck in some of their games, but the loss Sunday was completely on them. New Orleans was in complete control of the game into the 4th quarter with a 2 TD lead before allowing a long TD pass and then Brees throwing a horrible interception on a pass you wouldn't expect a rookie QB to try. It's usually the Lions who play that way to blow games.

The Texans certainly imploded at the end of the 1st half last night. The Steelers 24 points in the last few minutes of the first half sent me off to bed very happy. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's been weird to see so many teams give up so many points in a short span. Like the middling teams just don't know how to take care of the football, or their defense or special team is just porous enough to give the other team a chance to win the game.

The Falcons lost their center to IR, that's 5 starters this season on IR. They are snake-bit on the line this year. I can't imagine their game with the Lions over in England to be all that entertaining to the British crowd, either.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick, how has the Falcons defense been this year? If they play decent on Sunday, it really could be a boring game. The Lions will probably still be missing Calvin Johnson, and the offense has really struggled without him. CJ makes Matt Stafford look like a much better QB than he actually is. Surprisingly, the defense has been winning games for Detroit, and they could really do some damage with Atlanta's beat-up OL. Matt Ryan will be fortunate just to get through the game healthy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Falcon defense is swiss cheese, they made the Vikings look like Super Bowl contenders, and propped up the Bears as well. They are terrible. No pass rush, either. Linebacker play is sorely lacking.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I missed the game, Patrick. We went to the zoo instead. We checked the score, saw Atlanta up 21-0, and didn't check again until just before the Lions kicked the winning FG. Detroit continues to win ugly.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Glad to see your Lions win today, Scott. I know you've been losing sleep over them. No worries. They've pretty much got the NFC Championship game won at this point. ;)

Did you see the score of the Patriots - Bears game? It's currently 48-15 in favor of New England, and it was 38-7 at halftime. Brady has five TD passes at this point. I believe New England scored twenty-eight points in the final five minutes of the half, and twenty-one points with under two minutes to go in the half.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
To add insult to injury, Fox Sports halftime show reviewed that "delay of game" penalty that gave the Lions another shot at the missed field goal, and it was super-close as to whether or nor the center hiking the ball as the "1 second" on the clock turned to zero on the play clock. The Falcons are snake-bit.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Ockeghem said:
Did you see the score of the Patriots - Bears game? It's currently 48-15 in favor of New England, and it was 38-7 at halftime. Brady has five TD passes at this point. I believe New England scored twenty-eight points in the final five minutes of the half, and twenty-one points with under two minutes to go in the half.
I enjoyed Gronk's stat line from the game -- I have him on my fantasy team. I'm amazed he hasn't got injured yet, considering the jinx that I am. ;) I'll take credit for Ridley's season-ending injury, though. :mellow: I did have Brandon LaFell on my bench, too! :angry:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,Who would have predicted that the Patriots and Steelers would both eclipse fifty points in the same week?!

I don't doubt for a moment, Scott, that what you just wrote about Roethlisberger being the first quarterback in NFL history to have two 500-yard passing games in his career is correct. But for some reason, I really found that difficult to believe! I'm sure you're right, though. That shows you how much I may be being spoiled by watching today's high-powered offenses.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Scott,

On the Steelers - Colts telecast on CBS (it was the national game at 4:30pm), they made a huge deal over Ben's record of two career 500 yard passing games and put up stats illustrating it, so I am assuming it's correct. I was surprised, too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Genuinely surprised the Monday night game was still in doubt when I flipped over at 11pm last night, and even more surprised that the Redskins came out with a win. This season has been so crazy in terms of QBs completing 85% of their passes, throwing for half a mile, and underdogs coming up and beating heavy favorites while on the road.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Patrick,I never saw that coming either. If I were a betting man, I would have taken Dallas and the points.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks