What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't know if RGIII will even finish this season upright. He's just "brittle", too used to using his legs to get out of jams in college, but not able to minimize getting hit in the NFL by hanging on the ball too long, and not throwing it out of bounds efficiently to avoid the hits.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
What an amazing two weeks for Big Ben in Pittsburgh. He follows up his 6 TD, 500+ yard performance against the Colts with another 6 TD game last night against the Ravens, this time only throwing for a measly 340 yards. This breaks the record for TD passes in consecutive games. The previous record of 11 was held by Tom Brady and Tom Flores (Oakland Raiders of the old AFL).

So, if he keeps up this pace, how long before he passes Peyton Manning on the all-time TD pass list? :lol:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Big Ben's repeat 6-TD performance confused me this morning, as I kept thinking why were they were still talking about his performance from last week, and then it finally dawned on me that he also did this against the Raven yesterday too... #SoConfused

If Gronk can stay healthy through the play-offs, the Pats might go far, but that's still almost 2-3 months away, and anything can happen...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick Sun said:
Big Ben's repeat 6-TD performance confused me this morning, as I kept thinking why were they were still talking about his performance from last week, and then it finally dawned on me that he also did this against the Raven yesterday too... #SoConfused
That was my thought when I first heard of the 6 TD passes, too, Patrick. I went to bed at halftime, as I always do with these prime time games, and just checked the score on my phone when I got up. Then a co-worker was saying how he got a 6 TD game from Roethleisberger in fantasy football, and I asked him why he was still talking about last week! :lol:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Patrick Sun said:
It did have a Groundhog Day feel to it, didn't it?
Specially the chargers in Miami. It's like having to listen to Sonny and Cher for a 100 straight times.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, how bad is Chicago? And sadly, that means the Falcons are even worse than Da Bears since they got beat by Da Bears in Atlanta.. Hahaha.

Big Ben came back to earth after 2 stellar games before yesterday's egg of a game he laid against the hapless Jets.

Can Arizona continues on their hot streak without their QB?

Detroit is surprising me this season.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Steelers outcome vs the Jets didn't surprise me too much. They are not good on the road, getting blown out in Cleveland and losing to a bad Bucs team in Tampa. The Lions continue to win ugly, but their defense keeps them in games for that to happen. On the radio this afternoon they were compared to last year's Carolina team that finished 12-4 and we're blown up by the Niners at home in the playoffs. Both teams had easy schedules, offenses that struggle, and a good defense. I think Detroit will suffer the same post season fate if they finish the regular season similarly.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick's comment on how bad the Bears are got to thinking it is time to start thinking about which coaches will not be back next year. My list:

Marc Tressman (Chicago)
Mike Smith (Atlanta)
Jim Harbaugh (SF)
Rex Ryan (Jets)
Whoever Oakland's head coach is (too lazy to look it up)

Harbaugh will be an interesting one. He will probably have people standing in line to hire him. I know his alma mater Michigan will make a run at him, but I think their chances of getting him are slim. If I had to place odds, I would make the Bears the early favorites to land Harbaugh.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick Sun said:
And to think the Bears fired Lovey Smith coming off a 10-6 record...
Someone in the front office must have uttered the phrase, "well, it can't get any worse."

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Scott Merryfield said:
Patrick's comment on how bad the Bears are got to thinking it is time to start thinking about which coaches will not be back next year. My list:

Marc Tressman (Chicago)
Mike Smith (Atlanta)
Jim Harbaugh (SF)
Rex Ryan (Jets)
Whoever Oakland's head coach is (too lazy to look it up)

Harbaugh will be an interesting one. He will probably have people standing in line to hire him. I know his alma mater Michigan will make a run at him, but I think their chances of getting him are slim. If I had to place odds, I would make the Bears the early favorites to land Harbaugh.
Tony Sparano is Oakland's "current" coach....he replaced Dennis Allen who was fired after the 3rd or 4th game (probably the happiest day of his life).

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:
I think Michigan has zero chance of landing Harbaugh. He is a pro coach through and through and who would want to take a step down and coach Michigan or any college for that matter?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick_S said:
I think Michigan has zero chance of landing Harbaugh. He is a pro coach through and through and who would want to take a step down and coach Michigan or any college for that matter?
I would never say a zero chance, but I did say Michigan's chances were slim. I wouldn't classify Jim Harbaugh as a "pro coach through and through", since his two previous head coaching jobs prior to SF were Stanford and the University of San Diego, and his only previous NFL coaching experience was QB coach in Oakland for a couple of years. I think it boils down to whether after getting a taste of the NFL, does he prefer to go back to college. He will certainly have his choice of offers from both the NFL and NCAA ranks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After 10 games, the Falcons are leading the NFC South... Bwa-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! What a joke that division is this season...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick Sun said:
After 10 games, the Falcons are leading the NFC South... Bwa-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! What a joke that division is this season...
Nobody seems to want to win that division.

How many people thought the Cardinals would be 9-1 and have a three game lead in that division?

Anyone know why the Vikings - Bears game was on CBS? NFC games are always on Fox, while AFC games are on CBS.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There is some weird network tweaking going on this season -- a few weeks ago, the Patriots-Bills game was on Fox (which meant I couldn't see it, since the Dolphins were hosting the Packers that day and were the regularly scheduled Fox game). It may be related to the night-game protection rules (e.g., the Patriots-Broncos game was protected, otherwise it would've been moved to Sunday night).

I hear rumors that U. of Florida would try to hire Chip Kelly next season. Good luck with that! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't see 200-yard games for New England Patriot rushers all that often, so for me it was nice to see Gray do it over the weekend. I remember seeing a couple of 200-yard games by Simpson, Campbell, and Dickerson. It's amazing to me that some of these guys did it more than once in a season too.

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/rushing

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Ockeghem said:
I don't see 200-yard games for New England Patriot rushers all that often, so for me it was nice to see Gray do it over the weekend. I remember seeing a couple of 200-yard games by Simpson, Campbell, and Dickerson. It's amazing to me that some of these guys did it more than once in a season too.http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/rushing
Great rushing performances are one of the few things I am familiar with from watching the Lions all these years. Barry Sanders was amazing - - he and Walter Payton are the two greatest running backs I have ever seen (I'm too young to have seen Brown). Another #20 for the Lions was pretty good, too - - Billy Sims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks