What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Aaron Silverman said:
The moral of that story? Russell Wilson is no Jimmy Garoppolo! ;)

He may not be, ha! I think the jury is out on Wilson and based on his performance in the NFC Championship game (4 picks) and the Super Bowl...well, I don't think he is any great shakes and I would not call him clutch in any way. He is not one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL and this is at a time in the league when throwing the ball is easier than it ever has been. He is not the heart or soul of his team...that goes to Lynch on offense and the Legion of Boom on defense. If they don't get Lynch back the Seahawks offense looks like a pretty sad unit. I think their window for Super Bowl runs ends when Lynch goes out the door. Sure, you could say he has no good WRs to throw to but I doubt adding a big play WR to this offense would help him. In fact part of the issue of having Harvin around is he wanted the ball and Wilson could not get it to him...leading to a fairly bad relationship there. I don't think Wilson is particularly accurate and I don't think he reads defenses very well. He can make plays on pure athletic talent but he is not going to win games for you. He and Peyton Manning are probably the two most overhyped players in the NFL by far.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Those videos leave me wondering whether I'd want my team to lose like the Broncos last year or like Seattle this year? What's harder to take? Being a charger fan I can't make myself imagine winning. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It all depends on what happens next year. I'm trying to remember how long it took to get over the drubbing by the Bears in 1986. I think the two losses to the Giants would have haunted Patriots fans for however much time passed before the next Patriots win. (I am thinking about the 2003 Red Sox here, too -- at the time, it was horrifying, but it was gone in a year.)

The Simmons article mentioned how the Lions lost in heartbreaking fashion to the Cowboys, who lost in heartbreaking fashion to the Packers, who lost in heartbreaking fashion to the Seahawks, who lost in heartbreaking fashion to the Patriots. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks