What's new

you know you spend too much time in the HTF Software section when... (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The license plate of the car in front of you reads,
"RAH 393," and you instantly think, "'Vertigo'!"
What symptoms of HTF Software section addiction do
you present?
Mark

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
You're watching or reading a Star Wars story, and you start thinking, "R2? R5? Why are the 'droid region-coded?"

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
...When you start getting pissed off at people at work because they don't seem to know what "OAR," "DD EX," "LFE," or "ISF" mean

...When people look at you like you're crazy when you speak of "PAL speed-up"

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...When Best Buy's stock value goes down, and your co-workers blame you for not picking up enough DVDs this past Tuesday. True story. :laugh:

Andre F

Screenwriter
you read a thread called "you know you spend too much time in the HTF Software section when..." :D :D :D :D

JayB

Grip
When out to dinner with friends and one of them says that a certain DVD looks "so awesome" when you know for a fact that you and all your pals here in HTF hate the f*cking transfer but you could never explain to your friends at dinner what EE and compression is and if you try to they just label you a stereo dork. Then, the inability to communicate boils your insides and makes you want to lash out at the general crapulence of J6P and then you realize how the very people you are eating with are representative of the dark evil masses the studios cater to who aren't discrminating enough to care about quality home theater--your most closely cherished hobby, activity, and emotional obsession. The internal torment breeds indigestion and an inability to finish your dinner, let alone spend more time with these mean-median-and-mode fuddy-duddys. The primal rage envelops you like a cancer until you cathartically cure it with a dosage of hometheaterforum.com later that evening, where you read about some great DVD you missed, at which point Blockbuster is closed and it's too late to watch a movie at reference level. Sleep happens only with dreamy side effects of bigger screens ISF calibrated in a dedicated listening room somewhere in a castle on a remote part of the planet and only Netflix knows where to find you.

Brenton

Screenwriter
When you can tell whether "EE" stands for Edge Enhancement or Extended Edition simply from the context.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, for me it came when once a week I'll get a call from a friend asking if it's "safe" to buy a particular DVD- or if a better edition is coming along (or rumored). I can seemingly rattle off full details on DVD releases for even the most obscure release, down to release dates and features.

My Girlfriend called me from work a few weeks back to ask (on behalf of a co-worker) exactly what the story was for the releases of LOTR, and what would be included. Amazingly, even though I had only really paid peripheral attention, I was able to rattle of full details and release dates for all the various versions...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks