What's new

Will Around the World in 80 Days ever get a special deluxe edition like The Wonderful World of The Brothers Grimm? (1 Viewer)

TallPaulInKy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul W Urbahns
From what I gather things have been set in motion at Warner regarding 80 Days.
That's good to hear, I hope they include a music only soundtrack option. The music deserves to be heard. If Warner does not have the entire soundtrack, maybe DECCA (um Universal, which is the current DECCA owners do) just like they had a complete stereo soundtrack for the Glenn Miller Story which allowed it to be restored.

I do not have access to Turner Classic Movies anymore due to my cable company, but seems to me they run a newer version than has ever been issued on DVD.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
That's good to hear, I hope they include a music only soundtrack option. The music deserves to be heard. If Warner does not have the entire soundtrack, maybe DECCA (um Universal, which is the current DECCA owners do) just like they had a complete stereo soundtrack for the Glenn Miller Story which allowed it to be restored.

Not sure that a music only soundtrack is something that we could reasonably expect but I do indeed love this score, it is just so light and elegant.

I do not have access to Turner Classic Movies anymore due to my cable company, but seems to me they run a newer version than has ever been issued on DVD.

If there is something really new I am sure we will know quite some time in advance and until then don't underestimate the existing version as it can look quite good despite its shortcomings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks