What's new

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Thank you Stephen for the link! They also have a link to Cinematreasures.com to see pictures of the Cooper. Most of those pictures were copied from my web site by kinospoter. I wish there was a way to contact him and ask him to stop and just show a link to my web site,

I could certainly suggest to them linking to your website, but their wheels definitely grind slowly. It took them months to add a link for the full list of all movies that played there. To be fair, they knew that it had been compiled, but they had to do some legwork to track down the person who had it, so that's partly what took them so long.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
The last post to cinematreasures.com for the Cooper was 2017 so not much traffic to that site.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The last post to cinematreasures.com for the Cooper was 2017 so not much traffic to that site.
I meant the St. Louis Park Historical Society website -- trying to get them to change add a link to yours, instead of just Cinema Treasures. You've got more info.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
When we were about 14-15, my best friend said his parents took him to see This Is Cinerama in Buffalo NY.

I asked him what Cinerama was; he said it was a round screen.

That puzzled me for years.

Hey Joe, I live in Palmetto.

Buffalo Teck Theatre

1653867099173.png

1653867183379.png

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
“Brothers Grimm” Blu-ray Reviews Highlight Excerpts

Both visuals and sound are at the forefront of Warner Archive’s lavish new Blu-ray presentation of The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm, as is the legendary spectacle of Cinerama itself. The result of this project is a jaw-dropping presentation that ranks far above most Blu-ray transfers and even rivals some of the best native 4K discs currently available on home video.
Randy Miller, Blu-ray.com

The Warner Archive Collection Blu-ray of The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm is an even bigger surprise than we thought it would be. Restorers Strohmaier and March have gotten the whole show up on the screen intact, and made it look and sound fantastic.
Glenn Erickson, CineSavant

Grimm is Magnificent. First and most important, this is not a restoration and I’m fully aware what that word means. David Strohmaier and Tom March have gone so far beyond that concept, creating a version of the film that looks far better than it did upon release, that restoration is the wrong word.
Robert Harris, Restoration Expert and Home Video Critic

This Blu-ray presentation made me marvel at how far film preservation/restoration has advanced since the early days of Blu-ray. WAC, employing its own MPI mastering facilities, and always at the forefront of achieving optimal quality on home video, and the collaborators herein, gets very high marks for this hi-def release. Very, very, high marks. And very highly recommended!
Under the Radar Review

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm is a technical delight. This Blu-ray debut of the film from Warner Archive Collection is an absolute joy to take in and a candy for the eyeballs.
Brandon Peters, Why So Blu

Warner Archive’s Blu-ray release for The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm can be best summed up by three simple words: buy this set. It belongs in every collection, and after years of fans having begged for it, Warner Archive deserves the support for delivering in such a singular fashion.
Stephen Bjork, The Digital Bits

For my money, The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm ranks as one of the strongest presentations I have ever seen for a film on Blu-ray. This presentation is an award-worthy effort from the team at Warner Archive. This transfer will go down as one of the top releases of the year.
Dillon Gonzales, Geekvibesnation

All these years later, a truly gargantuan restoration of The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm has come to Blu-ray and it’s a really remarkable thing.
The Hannibal 8

The splendid film gets an equally splendid Blu-ray release from Warner Archive! Their Blu-ray for the Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm is quite possibly their best work yet.
David Steigman, EuroCultAV.com

How does it look? Given that the print was restored in 4K master files from 6K files of the original Cinerama Camera Negatives, you can expect glorious things. In fact, this is one of the best restorations you will ever see (and I don’t say that lightly).
DVD Corner’s Blog

Now I have personally been reviewing Warner Archive releases for about 4 years now. And I think I can safely say this is the most amazing, most epic, most stunning release Warner Archive has put out, bar none.
Jason Lockard, Classic Cinema Plus

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

CINERAMA 70TH ANNIVERSARY on TCM 11/25​

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Do you think the image might be even better on TCM or is it just for comparison purposes?

Jobla

Supporting Actor
No, the TCM image won't be better. However, I often DVR films there to listen to the intro and outro commentaries provided by the TCM hosts and guests. So, I sometimes record their telecasts just for that purpose, even if I already own a copy of the film on disc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks