1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Own So Many Movies.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    The idea of having that much space to be able to do that makes me happy. I wish I did!

On the other hand, nothing is forever and I’m getting a rude reminder of that as I’m transferring much of my collection to a HTPC. There are several discs of mine that have gone bad. It’s not a huge percentage but it’s unpredictable as to when a problem will strike. Best cases have been movies that are readily available and inexpensive to replace. But I also had one disc from a long out of print and outrageously expensive to replace set go bad, and some individual discs from TV on DVD/BD sets.

So I see those shelves and they make me smile but also make me feel a little worry too. Most will be fine; some won’t; and you won’t know about it until it’s too late.

Suzanne.S likes this.
  2. titch

titch Supporting Actor

Kevin Oppegaard
    The gentleman in the YouTube video is not concerned about everything being functional. The point of this collection is a display of everything that he has purchased, from VHS cassettes, through obsolete video disc formats, to the latest 4K UHD discs. In addition, he has mounted a sizeable collection of memorabilia, which wouldn't look out of place in Guillermo Del Toro's house. It is quite beautifully laid out, all the better to display wonderful cover art. It's like a museum showing a lifetime passion. I'm sure I could wander around that basement for hours. It's like bygone days in the early 1980s, when I would peruse all the videos in the store, thrilled by discovery.

Suzanne.S, Vegas 1 and Josh Steinberg like this.
  3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    And that’s the part that I totally love. And I think I always will.