What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (6 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
IMG_E3227 (2).JPG

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched The Good Nurse on Netflix this afternoon. Engrossing look at a subtle serial killer, but as eccentric as Eddie Redmayne's killer is, I thought Jessica Chastain was really the star of the show and gave the best performance.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I re-watched White Sands, a good, latter day crime film which benefits from having a cast of strong actors.

Today I watched Something In The Wind, which has three major talents - Deanna Durbin, Donald O'Connor and Johnny Green - plus numerous other talented people. The Blu-ray disc is excellent with superb images and sound.

Tomorrow I'll probably watch A Connecticut Yankee At The Court Of King Arthur. The Blu-ray disc arrived today and I'm looking forward to watching it.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
She's Out Of Control stars Tony Danza Cathriune Hicks Ami Dolenz An 80's family classic has make you laugh out loud funny.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
This is an odd one. Didn't read any reviews, went in cold turkey, maybe I should have. I'll let you read about the plot. I liked the sci-fi aspect. It was really different.

Don't know why the director picked Daniel, he did nothing in the movie but stand around and stare. When Keke got on screen, had to put on CC because you couldn't understand a word she was saying. You could understand her while she was talking in the EXTRAS section.

The BD, which I purchased had Atmos like the UHD. Couldn't see spending the extra $5 for the UHD disc.

1667192997895.png

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Möbius (2013) - a French spy thriller (although a fair proportion is in English) with the glamorous pairing of Jean Dujardin (OSS 117) and Cécile de France (lovely name), plus Tim Roth. This is a well made, entertaining spy film but which feels slightly underpowered, probably needed to be better paced. Disappointing ending. Cécile looks very chic but wears trousers throughout!

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
The Last Waltz is one of the greatest documentaries of the 70's stars The Band Neil Diamond Neil Young Ringo Starr and many others a 70's music classic.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Catching up on the remainder of my October Challenge titles:

An HTF October Scary Movie Challenge 2022 Selection

Halloween Kills [Director's Cut]
Originally Released: 10/15/2021 (theatrical)
Watched: 10/27/2022
1080P digital streaming on HBO Max, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

Halloween Kills (2021) Poster

Recommended?
It Depends

On What? Your enjoyment of slasher sequels with a sick sense of humor and a healthy dollop of fan service.

More of my thoughts are available here.
* * *​

The Shining
Originally Released: 05/23/1980
Watched: 10/29/2022
4K UHD disc via Panasonic DP-UB820

The Shining (1980) 4K Ultra HD Cover Art

Recommended?
Yes

Why? A master craftsman of one medium puts his stamp on one of the signature works of a master craftsman of another medium.

* * *​

Doctor Sleep [Director's Cut]
Originally Released: 11/08/2019 (theatrical)
Watched: 10/29/2022
4K UHD digital streaming on Vudu via Roku Ultra

Doctor Sleep (2019) Director's Cut Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? Horror auteur Mike Flanagan set himself a seemingly impossible task, making a faithful adaptation Stephen King's novel Doctor Sleep that was also a sequel to Stanley Kubrick's not-so-faithful adaptation of Stephen King's novel The Shining. And somehow, he pulls it off brilliantly.

X
Originally Released: 03/18/2022
Watched: 10/30/2022
1080P Blu-ray disc, upscaled to 4K via Panasonic DP-UB820

X (2022) Blu-ray Cover

Recommended?
Yes

Why? It's a brilliantly executed slasher film with a wonderful sense of time and place, well-defined characters, and an acting tour de force from star Mia Goth.

* * *​

The Woman in Black
Originally Released: 02/03/2012
Watched: 10/31/2022
1080P HD digital streaming on Paramount+, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

The Woman in Black (2012) Poster

Recommended?
It Depends

On What? Whether the eerie atmospherics and commitment to a more traditional style of horror film is enough to compensate for a distinct lack of scares.

* * *​

The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death
Originally Released: 01/02/2015
1080P HD digital streaming on Hulu, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death (2015) Poster

Recommended?
No

Why Not? A more convoluted plot and less personal stakes make this sequel that jumps ahead decades less successful than the first movie.

My thoughts (which may contain spoilers) are available here.
* * *​

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Originally Released: 08/23/2019
4K UHD digital streaming on Vudu via Roku Ultra

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019) Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? This horror film targeted to young adult audiences takes full advantage of its creepier than average source material and period setting, and finds ways to weave the short stories in that are wicked and at times genuinely unnerving.

The Innkeepers
Originally Released: 02/03/2012
HDX (1080P) digital streaming on Vudu app, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

The Innkeepers (2012) Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? This early horror film from Ti West asks interesting questions about the power of perception to shape reality. And the last act really got under my skin.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
See How They Run
Originally Released: 09/16/2022
Watched: 11/01/2022
1080P digital streaming on HBO Max, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

See How They Run (2022) Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? This cheeky little Matryoshka doll of a whodunnit tells the story of a fictional murder set amidst the non-fictional opening run of The Mousetrap, the longest running show in the history the West End of London. You can't out-Christie Christie, of course, so the movie doesn't really try. Instead, it's content to deconstruct the whodunnit formula even as its zips along the formula's preordained path with the energy and rhythms of a screwball comedy. Sam Rockwell and Saoirse Ronan make for an enjoyable odd couple pairing as the world weary, alcoholic Inspector Stoppard and the very eager and very green WPC Stalker. The supporting cast is a colorful mix of real historical figures and invented characters. While The Mousetrap has been housed at St. Martin's Theatre for decades now, in 1953 (when this movie is set) it was based out of the Ambassadors Theatre next door. The production took advantage of COVID lockdowns to shoot on location at the real London theaters and create a cinematic Ambassadors from the best qualities of several different theaters. I wouldn't say I laughed out loud, but I certainly had an amused smile on my face for most of the way through.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Little Women from 1994 it's one of my all time favorites i watch it every year at christmas time.it's avaliable on tubi.tv

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In the past couple of days I've watched A Connecticut Yankee At The Court Of King Arthur and Congo Crossing on fairly good Blu-ray discs. Both films have not been available until recently and I'm glad they're now in my collection.

Today I might watch Fury on a Warner Archive disc or Sodom And Gomorrah on a German disc. Both have been in my in-tray for far too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks