What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Going to see "Noah" in IMAX tonight....

There are 35mm prints of "Eraserhead" and "Wild Things" in NYC this weekend, might check out one or both.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
True to form, I was busy reviewing last weekend and didn't get to any leisure viewing.

I'll have some review assignments this weekend, too, but I hope to find time for House of Bamboo on DVD and maybe Body and Soul on Blu-ray. We'll see.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Just dropped thru my letterbox this morning. Can't wait to give this a spin- over 20 years since I last watched it.
DSC02107.JPG

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Started with an episode of Justice League this morning and followed with this week's Modern Family. Headed to the theater for Muppets Most Wanted, came home and camped on the couch for: Arrow, Cosmos and the first two episodes of The 100. I know I'll throw something on tonight, though I don't know what. The chances of meeting last week's movie count is questionable though.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Westerns,The War Wagon and The Horse Soldiers, and some noir, Macao and Where Danger Lives, a Robert Mitchum double feature. If time, The Street With No Name and its remake, House of Bamboo.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Gunfight At The O.K. Corral - and today I'll start going through Little House On The Prairie Season One.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
was an odd weekend

Monsters University
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Muppets Most WantedAnd as a break in the middle - Platoon.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Snuck in a few more things: The Jungle Book 2, another episode of Justice League, The New Twenty and The Phantom Menace.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Even though I reviewed all last weekend, I was able to squeeze in House of Bamboo which I enjoyed seeing again after several years.

Again, not quite sure what the review schedule will be for the next three days (nothing is here presently, but I'm expecting several things), but I have Gunfight at the O.K. Corral to watch when I get a spare couple of hours. Having read others' enthusiasm for the transfer, I'm really looking forward to it.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Blu-Ray of JUMBO, in honor of Clara Bixby, aka Doris Day's 90th. Blu-Ray of THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. The Thunderbean Blu-Ray restoration of GULLIVER'S TRAVELS. Blu-Ray of THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY. At least for starters ...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Saw "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in digital IMAX 3D last night.

Will be seeing a 35mm print of Darren Aronofsky's "The Fountain" later tonight - I only saw it once when it first came out and remembered not liking it, but it's a favorite of my girlfriend's and after having just seen "Noah" last week, I'm up for revisiting it.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Yesterday the complete third season of Game of Thrones. Puh, ten hours in a row. But it was great. :)

Today? Don't know yet. Perhaps L'Age D'Or from Eureka!

Tomorrow maybe the two R.E.D. films.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I work late Fridays and Saturdays most weekends, which is actually great because it means I'm getting off shortly before the different midnight showings.

Most likely will be seeing a 35mm print of Paul Thomas Anderson's "Boogie Nights" tomorrow night at the Landmark Sunshine in NYC.

Saturday is a toss-up ... the IFC Center has a 35mm print of Paul Schrader's "Cat People" (I've never seen it, but I'm curious)... they're also running DCPs of "The Shining" and "Silence Of The Lambs", so one of those may win out. But if not, I may just head home and continue rewatching "24" (currently in the middle of season four).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As predicted, I did work on reviews most of last weekend, but I did find time to watch Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, and I was so pleased with the new Blu-ray disc. The film is still exciting and contains excellent performances (particularly Kirk Douglas), and the image quality was basically all one could wish.

I have some work this weekend, too, and if the Twilight Time discs arrive, that will completely occupy the weekend, but if they don't, I hope to squeeze in El Dorado this weekend.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When it comes to watching movies, it's going to be a busy weekend for me.

Circus World BD
Double Indemnity BD (Hoping to do some comparisons with my MOC BD)
Touch of Evil BD (Same comparison aspiration with my MOC BD)
55 Days at Peking BD

On second thought, I've changed my about the comparison tests and will better utilize my limited time watching the Sabrina BD so I can finally see that film in its OAR. Also, might view the Cry Danger BD. That's a lot better utilization of my time than going back and forth with comparing two BD presentations of the same film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks