What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Whatever the Music Box(Chicago) is showing this weekend.

Warm-ish weather...I'm headed to Chicago for the day(helps this is a weekend the GF is actually here. Not in Shelbyville, IN)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The Patriot
Rambo: First Blood
Sound Of Music
Lastest Episode of Revolution

Can't wait to see how Sound Of Music looks on the TV, I have now had for 1 month!

IMG_1506.JPG

UN55F9000 Samsung UHD 55" TV

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Robert Crawford said:
This weekend coming up?
Actually it was last weekend. Tonight is Midnight Lace and after all the news about the missing airplane, I'm going to revisit the first season of Lost.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't do much except watch the BD of Gunfight at the OK Corral and the DVD of Midnight Lace. The former was an absolute joy to watch as Paramount did a very good job with it. The latter was alright, but could have been better.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Grand Budapest Hotel yesterday, Snow White and the Huntsman today. Listened to the last Trek commentary I had left (Unification). Last week's Cosmos, Big Bang Theory and Parks and Rec.

And about 12 hours of Lego Batman...went to bed at 3:30 Sunday morning.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did get to Rooster Cogburn last weekend (an import Blu), and I was very pleased with the picture quality. Individual scenes sometimes looked a little washed out or a bit off, but in the main it looked sharp, clean, and more than acceptable.

I doubt there's any free time this weekend for leisure viewing. I'm working on Little House on the Prairie: Season One, and that plus the Twilight Time items which might arrive should keep me busy.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Absence of MaliceThe VerdictMore episodes of SearchJust picked up ST:TOS on Blu, so a few random episodes.Then probably a couple of DVD titles in the hope that "But I just watched that" triggers a Blu announcement - Band Wagon, or Lost Horizon, or All That JazzDavid

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Necessary Evil:Villians of DC Comics from Netflix, TV from this week (Parks and Rec, Arrow, Big Bang) and hopefully one or two other movies. Preferably something from the stack of stuff I've bought in the last few weeks and haven't watched yet...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Although this isn't a movie, I am watching it, so... Billy Joel performing at Madison Square Garden tonight.

Started "Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 1" earlier in the week and will probably watch a few of those over the weekend as well. I have a few Twilight Zone episodes left out of the entire series box, so I might knock a few of those out as well.

"Looper" is also a possibility.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One BD I'm watching this weekend is The Americanization of Emily. I'll update further as to any other other viewings.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
schan1269 said:
If you like In The House...give Potiche a try.

But, it isn't like Ozon ever made a bad movie.
Thanks for the tip- I actually own 'Potiche' too on bluray but have not watched it yet- even tho I bought it nearly 2 years ago! Maybe I'll make it a double feature then.
His only film I have seen so far is 'Swimming Pool' which I loved. 'Jeune & Jolie' comes out on bluray in the UK Monday. :thumbsup:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
@Hugh,
Or try to watch the extraordinary Ozon film, Time to Leave (Le temps qui reste). 8 Women is fun if only because of the fabulous actresses involved (Darrieux mother to Deneuve, inspired casting).
As Sam said, it's not like Ozon has ever made an absolute dud.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
schan1269 said:
If real adventurous, Water Drops on Burning Rocks...where he channels his inner Von Trier. Ozon's shorts on DVD, See to See and X2000 are well worth it. X2000 is envelope pushing.
bujaki said:
@Hugh,
Or try to watch the extraordinary Ozon film, Time to Leave (Le temps qui reste). 8 Women is fun if only because of the fabulous actresses involved (Darrieux mother to Deneuve, inspired casting).
Thanks guys for the tips...added to my list! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Finally tally for the weekend:

Necessary Evil
Bad Words
Cleopatra: The Film That Changed Hollywood
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
The Times of Harvey Milk
Arrow (TV)
Parks and Rec (TV)
Justice League (4 episodes)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bujaki said:
@Hugh,
Speaking of 8 Women...my least favorite of his...the "non-acting"(so I don't spoil it) is what kills the movie for me...but, shockingly...it is what draws everybody to it. For me...just disjoints the movie.

But...I still own it. And have spun it when others have asked. It will just never be my first choice.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
@Sam,
Still, 8 Women, an interesting experiment.
Under the Sand (2000) is another great Ozon film with an unforgettable performance from the amazing Charlotte Rampling, looking ravishing at her age, and speaking flawless (?) French. Oh, to think she was Georgy Girl's young roommate in 1964!
Rampling, like Deneuve and Darrieux, seem ageless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks