What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (6 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did my usual St. Paddy's Day ritual and watched Little Nellie Kelly this evening. There are plenty of stronger Irish-themed movies, of course, but this one features one of my favorite Garland songs "It's a Great Day for the Irish."

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
MV5BMjM0MjY4MTk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDE2NTQyMzI@._V1_.jpg

Enjoyed the hell out of this tense action / thriller. Don't know who this O'Brien kid is, but he did a rock solid job as the new recruit burning for revenge after his girlfriend is killed by terrorists. So CIA covert op Michael Keaton helps hone him into a finely-tuned killing machine. Got a bit of a Bourne vibe about it, which is no bad thing in my book. It was fun to see Scott Adkins get a prominent role here, and Shiva Negar, as one of the agents on their team, is off-the-charts stunning.

cover.jpg

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have been watching recent Blu ray purchases like “A Star Is Born”, “Venom”, “Fear The Walking Dead season 4” etc. Because of this I am far behind on “Arrow”, “Flash” and “Supergirl”, with about 5 episodes each on the PVR. I am thinking of chucking them all, since I seem to have lost interest.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Last night:

fullsizeoutput_30cd.jpeg

I think it's too bad that Spike Lee had to pitch his fit after it's BP win. Peg and I both enjoyed it immensely. I haven't seen BlackKKKlansman (yet) but will be interested to be able to make a comparison of the films. Some excellent performances and writing in this film. Not to mention an abundance of exceptional music.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Ralph Nelson's Flight of the Doves (TCM) I have a weakness for Dorothy McGuire.
Raymond Bernard's Wooden Crosses (Les Croix de bois) A harrowing Great War drama from France, unrelenting in its gritty visual and aural realism, lifted by poetic touches. On a par, if not superior, to the great All Quiet on the Western Front. (MoC BD Region B)
Asquith's The Importance of Being Earnest (Network BD Region B). What a delightful concoction! A welcome relief after Wooden Crosses. Joan Greenwood is the lagniappe here. I have eyes and ears only for her.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Asquith's The Importance of Being Earnest (Network BD Region B). What a delightful concoction! A welcome relief after Wooden Crosses. Joan Greenwood is the lagniappe here. I have eyes and ears only for her.

I watched this recently, Jose (for the first time) and couldn't agree more about what a revelation Greenwood was for me. I am smitten!

Just gorgeous (and WHAT a figure!).

91e1743f0b67ed04cc3e7fd3fb5eae5e.jpg
360_a62c65ea5a64c3cb1bc4a7f8594db7a1.jpg

earnestfeat-770x433.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks to the generosity of HTF reviewer Sam Posten, I streamed Escape Plan 2 today. For a brainless popcorn film, it might not have matched the original in star power, but I got caught up in the high stakes dealings just the same. The BIG reveal of the mastermind behind the coup was no surprise at all, but I quite enjoyed myself for the 90 minute running time despite lapses in logic and plotting, and there seems to be another sequel in the air if the ending of this one was any indication.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Love Story last night. I thought the two fathers played by Ray Milland and John Marley were more interesting than their children!

I seem to be having an accidental Ryan O'Neal season as I've recently watched both The Big Bounce and Wild Rovers. Perhaps Paper Moon tonight? And I always enjoy watching The Driver . . .

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Ryan was wonderful in Paper Moon. I'm sure he was proud of Tatum's awards for the film, but he had to be a little mortified for her and Madeline to get Oscar recognition and he didn't.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched Love Story last night. I thought the two fathers played by Ray Milland and John Marley were more interesting than their children!

I seem to be having an accidental Ryan O'Neal season as I've recently watched both The Big Bounce and Wild Rovers. Perhaps Paper Moon tonight? And I always enjoy watching The Driver . . .
IMO, that was the case for me when they first came out. Like many females, my older sisters and the media kept talking about the two leads, but for me, it was the fathers from different sides of the tracks that were more interesting to me, especially in how they related to their respective children.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Streamed Tall in the Saddle from iTunes this morning. Fun movie. Thanks for the recommendation Robert.
A personal all-time favorite movie of mine since I was a little kid. That's when 8 or 9 year old Crawdaddy developed a screen crush on Ella Raines. I only wish she did more movies. Other recommendations are the following. Unfortunately, not enough of her movies had quality video releases.

The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry
Impact
The Suspect
Brute Force (more of a cameo as the film focuses on male roles not the female ones)
The Walking Hills
Corvette K-225
The Web
Hail the Conquering Hero
Cry Havoc
A Dangerous Profession
Singing Guns ( In color so you can see her Green eyes)

001698fda895ee8f2ab7ab17c7d1155c.jpg

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
their-finest.jpg

The wife and I watched this last night. Enjoyable movie, with some fun background on making propaganda films during the Blitz. Lead Gemma Arterton is a statuesque beauty and a good actress, but per usual the film is stolen by Bill Nighy, as an aging egotistical actor.

1claire

Auditioning
Real Name
Claire
Halloween, I am not that happy with the story but it's not that bad. I will be having a horror marathon this week, any movies that you guys would like to recommend?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
their-finest.jpg

The wife and I watched this last night. Enjoyable movie, with some fun background on making propaganda films during the Blitz. Lead Gemma Arterton is a statuesque beauty and a good actress, but per usual the film is stolen by Bill Nighy, as an aging egotistical actor.
I really enjoyed this movie, particularly since I know a bit about the making of propaganda films (documentary and fiction) in Britain during WW 2.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
We spent last night watching Netflix series:
Kingdom: a Korean 6-episode series with warring factions and zombie/vampires. (4k UHD)
Sex Education: a charming, well-written and acted 8 episodes. Season 2 is promised. (HDR)
Quite a marathon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks