What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Sorry, gang, to have been AWOL during the past few days. We got the tail end of Hurricane Michael and despite the rain and wind being much less severe than Hurricane Florence last month, my power got knocked out for three days (a tree down the street from me fell on a power line. It's a small street with only about 20 homes affected so it was not a priority for the city obviously.)

I'll have to be playing catch-up with regular series TV that didn't get recorded due to the DVR being down. Watching those shows On Demand will slow my progress for other things. [sigh]

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Sorry to hear about the power outage, Matt, but glad to hear everything else is OK for you there. Been a bad season for storms, both Stateside and elsewhere (Japan's been trrhough the wringer too).

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sorry, gang, to have been AWOL during the past few days. We got the tail end of Hurricane Michael and despite the rain and wind being much less severe than Hurricane Florence last month, my power got knocked out for three days (a tree down the street from me fell on a power line. It's a small street with only about 20 homes affected so it was not a priority for the city obviously.)

I'll have to be playing catch-up with regular series TV that didn't get recorded due to the DVR being down. Watching those shows On Demand will slow my progress for other things. [sigh]
Such storms is one of the reasons why I decided to stay in Michigan instead of relocating in the South. I can deal with a little snow, but tornadoes and hurricanes along with hot, humid weather is another matter.:) I'm glad your safe and your power has been restored.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
First time screening tonight....BD

fallen kingdom.jpeg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been worried for days that I wouldn't be able to record Eddie Muller's comments for The Damned Don't Cry! Thankfully, that won't be a problem. I guess the broadcast will be on TCM On Demand, too, but I didn't want to risk it.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Criterion's Blu-ray disc of My Man Godfrey last night. Criterion did well with this one. William Powell is a great favorite of mine: one of the most stylish actors ever to work in movies.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I went looking last night for On Demand TV episodes of shows I missed on Thursday and Friday, but they hadn't been put up yet (at least on Spectrum). So, I'll go back to my original plan of watching A Quiet Place today. I also have The Man in the High Castle to continue along with some other new streaming series.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Watched it last night. CinemaScope, 4.0 sound with highly directional dialog, drama, what else would you want? I listened to a bit of the isolated score and it also has the effects track.

It is sold out so, you would have to check eBay if you want to buy it.

51rcx97aNGL.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I had yet another viewing of In Name Only which stars two special favorites of mine: Carole Lombard and Cary Grant. The Warner Archive DVD-R is very good. I'm surprised this hasn't been upgraded to Blu-ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today, I'm going to watch one of my favorite movies of all-time, "Angels with Dirty Faces". Unfortunately this great film isn't on Blu-ray nor is it available as an HD digital on Vudu, Amazon or iTunes. So I'm stuck watching my 2005 DVD. I'm through 10 episodes of "From the Earth to the Moon" on DVD. I'll probably watch episode 11 today then finish it up tomorrow.

angelswithdf.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched How To Marry A Millionaire last night. As always I enjoyed the film but I noticed more than even before how Lauren Bacall has no gift for comedy. I'll have to re-read Jean Negulesco's autobiography again but off-hand I can't imagine why Fox hired her for this role. Linda Darnell would have been so much better. Darnell playing opposite the prince of light comedy, William Powell. That would have been something!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched one of my all-time favorite films It Happened One Night, for me one of the most perfect films ever made.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
playing catch-up on a lot of titles that have just bee sitting on the shelf or in the que on Netflix since Friday till now

upload_2018-10-18_11-28-27.png upload_2018-10-18_11-28-52.png
Friday-Sunday

Catching up on the Marvel/ Netflix before Friday

upload_2018-10-18_11-35-0.png
Sunday-Monday-Tuesday

upload_2018-10-18_11-37-33.png
Tuesday-Wednesday- Thursday

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd like to start on the Invisible Man Blu-ray set today, but not sure if I want to start at the beginning or start at the end with Abbott and Costello since this is one of my favorite of their later films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'd like to start on the Invisible Man Blu-ray set today, but not sure if I want to start at the beginning or start at the end with Abbott and Costello since this is one of my favorite of their later films.
I just watched "The Invisible Man" this past year on Blu-ray so I'll probably skip that one and watch "The Invisible Man Returns" since I haven't seen that film in many, many years. I can't even remember the last time I saw it except some vague memories. Besides the Abbott and Costello film, I don't remember ever seeing those other three films so they will most likely be my first viewing of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks