What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Tonight, The Naked & The Dead (1958). Your typical fifties war film, but very enjoyable. The WAC Blu-ray looks very nice & very lush with very rich colours. An unexpected, but welcome Blu-ray release, I haven't seen it since I saw it on TV in 4x3 b/w in the early sixties.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
October 7th, 2018

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4K Blu-ray
7.1 DTS:X

30d226c85acf93a983534873fa18922c.jpg

John Wick
4K Blu-ray
7.1 Auro 2D

john-wick-poster.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching the Blu-ray of A Lady Takes a Chance today. Also, there will be another episodes of The Man in the High Castle.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm thinking Suddenly Last Summer on Blu-ray tomorrow.

TOnight I put in my DVD of Hitchcock's Young and Innocent. I always enjoy revisiting one of his British gems.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks to an excellent tip from HTF member @Wayne_j ...Peg and I went to our local art house and took in a documentary on what dogs need to go through to become Guide Dogs for the Blind.

An excellent documentary--especially for dog lovers.

pick_of_the_litter.jpg

If you get a chance and the film comes to a theater near you...highly recommended.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Watched The Young and Prodigious T.S Spivet last night. That has to be one of the best 3D titles there is. Lots of in your face 3D scenes with no ghosting/crosstalk.

ts.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Over the past week or 10 days, I've been revisiting the BBC series Endeavor. I streamed the first two seasons from Amazon Prime, and I reviewed the third one a couple of years ago on Blu-ray, so I'm watching it again now. I'll stream season four once I get to it. Wonderful British mystery series.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
10/09/2018 Tuesday

Lethal Weapon Season 3 / Episode 1 & 2

10/10/2018 Wednesday

Lethal Weapon Season 3 / Episode 3

Blade Runner 2049
UHD (Vudu)
Stereo (Dolby Atmos)

Watched Blade Runner on my bedroom system with my pc since that was the only way to watch it since I need to replace the cat6 cable and am waiting to get back to work. First time seeing the movie and I am sure I will end up re watching it before the end of the year. Should be in Dolby Atmos once I get a new cat6 cable and run it though my Marantz SR-8012.

MV5BNzA1Njg4NzYxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk5NjU3MzI@._V1_.jpg

Tomorrow: Private Screening Of

Predator
35mm Film Print

5c15b033a05598dab8f5b822ec081af4.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I continued with my George Sanders "season" last night with Five Golden Hours which starred Ernie Kovaks and Cyd Charisse. An amusing film and quite fast paced but not laugh-out-loud funny.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've got the UHD of Blade Runner 2049 unwatched on my shelf, too, but because it's so long, I have to find a large block of time to carve out to watch it.

I'm thinking maybe A Quiet Place this afternoon.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I've got the UHD of Blade Runner 2049 unwatched on my shelf, too, but because it's so long, I have to find a large block of time to carve out to watch it.

I'm thinking maybe A Quiet Place this afternoon.
So is your Quiet Place where you are going to watch Blade Runner?:D
OK OK - But these long movies are a problem. I have several that I want to watch but it is so difficult to carve out that much time and I try to avoid watching in serial format. I have Around the World in 80 days - Lord of the Rings - Dances with Wolves ext and many others on deck.

BTW you guys convinced me. Marple 1080 is on the way.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have Around the World in 80 days - Lord of the Rings - Dances with Wolves ext and many others on deck.

BTW you guys convinced me. Marple 1080 is on the way.
Dances with Wolves on Blu-ray is another on my shelf that has been sitting there a very, very long time.

Let us know what you think of the Blu-ray Marples.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the tricks I use for long movies is too break them up if I'm short on time. I might watch half of the movie in the morning then finish it up in the evening. Or start watching the first half in the evening and finish it up in the morning. I know many people can't fully enjoy movies that way, but it doesn't bother me.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This is how I watch about 90% of everything, especially if I have seen it before. (I have been watching the last episode of “Fear The Walking Dead” in 15 minute snippets since it was PVRed.)

This is also why I want to fling those Blu rays out the window that will not resume where you left off — especially those that make you start all over if you accidently hit the stop button on the remote!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
October 11th, 2018 Thursday

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Rings EE
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

lord_of_the_rings_the_fellowship_of_the_ring_ver4_xlg.jpg

Predator (1987)
35 mm presentation, film print from original camera negatives
Dolby A

predator_c01f59cd-53.jpg

Next months movie will be:

A 70mm presentation of True Lies

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
One of the tricks I use for long movies is too break them up if I'm short on time. I might watch half of the movie in the morning then finish it up in the evening. Or start watching the first half in the evening and finish it up in the morning. I know many people can't fully enjoy movies that way, but it doesn't bother me.

This is how I watch many movies with my wife. By the time the kid's in bed, it's 9:30 - 10pm and she can't make it through a full movie without falling asleep, at least on weekdays. It's not the ideal way to watch a movie, but you get used to it.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
This is also why I want to fling those Blu rays out the window that will not resume where you left off — especially those that make you start all over if you accidentally hit the stop button on the remote!

Yes, 100% agree on this, a major, irritating flaw with many Blu-Rays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks