What's new
World Wide Stereo

What subwoofer do you own? If not satisfied, what would you like to own? (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
I happen to still be doing well with my "old" SVS 22-31 CS powered by a 325 plate amp. Even after all the new sub talk from a veriety of manufactures, I am still content although I wouldnt mind seeing if the PCi driver is audible yet cost effective improvement. Right now, in my current room I dont even need bass shakers since my SVS shake my couch well already. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Are you satisfied with your sub?

728x90

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I currently have a Stryke AV-12 in a 1.5 Ft^ Enclosure with
50% Polyfill and 500 watts RMS from a Carver TDC Sub Amp.

It performs VERY well given the extemely small enclosure
(with an LT Circuit it would do even better..)

What I ultimately want is a pair of dual sealed 15's most
likely Stryke AV15's fed about 500 or 600 watts RMS each
from a pro amp of some sort..

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I have an SVS PB2+ that replaced dual NHT 10"ers. Would never think of getting another sub unless it was an SVS.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i currently own a deftech supercube reference. im more than happy with it, but i would like to see what else is out there.

i want to upgrade to either dual velodyne DD-15's, or four SVS CS-Ultra. (yeah, im actually serious, 4 of them).

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Still trucking along with my subs:

Dual SVS 22-31CS/ISD powered by a Crest CPX2600 - 750wpc

Scott_N

Second Unit
In my two-channel system I have a REL Strata III and it blends perfectly with my mains and is the most musical sub i've heard except for more expensive REL subs. In my HT my Def Tech BP2600TL's have built in subs and put out enough bass for my needs for now though I would like to get a SVS one day.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I do not have a sub. But I would like to have either Dual PC-Ultra's or a BP2-Ultra. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW I am very unsatisfied with my.... nothing. :D

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Own a Def Tech ProSub 100TL

Satisfied? Well, its better than nothing, but I woulnd't say that Im satisfied as Im trying to figure out a sneak an SVS 20-39PC+ past my wife.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
98% satistfied with my SVS 16-46PC+. The remaining 2% could be taken care of by a second SVS 16-46PC+ (getting crazy looks from my other half:D ).

The only reason I'm not 100% satisfied is that when playing the THX intro to Star Wars Ep. 1, the sub will bottom out if I play it as loud as I want. The rest of the movie plays fine. Keep in mind this would be very loud and I have a large volume space to fill. This is the only title I have that seems to push my SVS to it's limit.

I figure a second SVS would give me enough headroom to eliminate any bottoming out and lower distortion even more at more sane levels.

Maybe if I'm REALLY, REALLY, nice my other half will cave in?:D

JimmyK

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Lol. The good thing about my other half is she doesnt want me to upgrade so I get to save up for almost the best.

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
I have a SVS PC-Ultra and am very satistfied. Can't imagine wanting more in a 1750~ cubic foot room.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
For some reason I see across the boards here alot of Def. Tech. people wanting a better sub. I have listened to their good speakers and liked them for HT but wound up buying and internet brand. I did not like the idea of having power at every speaker and that means an amp that will go out someday and you will be out a speaker while your waiting to get it fixed. Anyway back to the orig. point, alot of people are going to SVS. After owning 3 different brand subs, all the top of the line in each you can get and the last 2 in duals, I can easily say that my SVS PB2+ is no comparison. I still had my dual NHT's to compare... Took me about 15 minutes and out they went. You just cant beat an SVS for sound, power and price.

JasonALL

Auditioning
I have a JBL PB10 going on year 2, works fine and blends in seamlessly with the rest of my system and gets a really flat responsive curve in my room. For that reason alone I'm fine for now with leaving it be.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I've got a SVS 20-39CS (upgraded to ISD) and now have a VMPS Large Subwoofer on the way. Pity the neighbors. :D

MikeCocc

Agent
I've got a JBL E250P. Sounds good so far but I will be using the DVE disk this weekend to get the best setup/sound.

Note: Wish I had the money for an SVS but couldn't pass up the JBL for $300.

RussD

Agent
i have def-tech supercube reference with bp7001's and sunfire mkii in rear. the def-techs take a little time and patience to dial in, but once you're finished, nirvana!!

VictorLS

Auditioning
I have a JBL S120PII....
It's pretty sweet for my tiny dorm room, but I am definitely wishing I had a PB2+
Soon enough though, I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koala
Recent bookmarks