What's new

What subwoofer do you own? If not satisfied, what would you like to own? (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Paradigm Servo-15. Love it. :D

Just ordered a new Paradigm Signature Servo for the other corner. Can you say BOUM!

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I've got a ported Tempest in a 7 cubic foot enclosure in a 1200 cubic foot room. More than I'll ever need.

Ryan T

Second Unit
I have a ported Tempest tuned to 16.5Hz and i'm using the PE plate amp to power it. I'm very satisfied :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan

ChuckRG

Agent
Dual SVS B4+'s...and if my walls were sturdier, I'd get two more !!!

And DON'T tell me I have a problem...I know that already !!

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
SVS 25-31PCi (since APR '02) in my 20' x 30' HT/family room = I can't imagine upgrading to another SVS ... since my neighbor that's over 50' away in his duplex (38' to the backyard fence) thought it was loud enough to rattle his windows & wall when I was watching @ -5 dB below REF Level (approx 110 dB Fast SPL peaks)! All my double-pane windows & skylight were closed and the HT room walls & vaulted ceiling is insulated! The sound was super, all-REF-Calibrated-balanced w/crystal clear SPL, very dynamic, all of the surround effects was seamless (I was forcing on the Matrix-6.1) and my brother and friend just loved the Cinema SPL playback!!! By the end of the DTS movie (Atlantis - The Lost Empire), I finally heard the door-bell during a quiet moment of the movie! :b I immediately lowered the SPL to my usual Friday NITE DVD presentation SPL which is -10 dB below REF Level (approx. 105 - 106 dB Fast SPL peaks @ all my seating locations).

Vacation house: AudioSource SW15 200w 15" powered-sub - no need to upgrade this, REF Calibrated using VE and it's powerful enough to knock the spiders off the wall, fireplace and under the base boards!!! :D

Phil

terence

Supporting Actor
Hey Chuck, (Audioguy)

Did you like the quote? Ever since i heard you say it, it's been stuck in my head. People he telling the truth the B4's sound Awsome!

ChuckRG

Agent
terence:

The quote should be
"If one is good, then two must be better!(and four would be really cool) !!!"

terence

Supporting Actor

Of course it is and you would know like no other! This is comming from a guy people who had TWO count them Two PB2+'s in the same room with his twin B4+'s!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

It's good to be Chuck, and having the pleasue of hangging out with Chuck is priceless!:D

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Recent or Pending Subs:

20-39PC+ :emoji_thumbsup: music :emoji_thumbsup: HT
PB2+ :emoji_thumbsup: music :emoji_thumbsup: HT
STF-2 :emoji_thumbsup: music :thumbsdown: HT
dual AV15 IB :emoji_thumbsup: music :emoji_thumbsup: HT (design/build/install at friends)
dual DPL12 Linkwitz dipole - stay tuned
PB2-Ultra - stay tuned

ross ish

Stunt Coordinator
SVS CS 16/46+, M&K 5000, Hsu VT2, Stryke AV12 in 5 cubic sonotube, Titanic MKII in 3.7 cubic sealed, Rythmik audio servo in 2.5cubic sealed...all sound great...

ross ish

Stunt Coordinator
ChuckRG,
Nothing like hitting way above reference levels outside while washing the car:b Also, mysteriously, the rodent population is down around my lot line...and I do not think its from coyotes.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I own the SVS 20-39 PCi in my HT rig. Absolutely zero complaints whatsoever...

I'm also thinking of getting a Tiny Mighty II for my budget office system...

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I own a DIY Adaire Tempest in an Adaire alignment...ported...

I love it and get lots of great responses when I tell folk that I built it. Then I blow them away when I put something on that will test it's meddle.

If I had the money at the time, I would have built a Tumult with a couple of 18 inch PR's.....but again...there's always the money factor..I have less than 600 dollars into mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks