What's new

What mutants do you think we will see in X-men 2?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think Beast is all but assured. He was suppose to be in the original. But, was scrapped at the last moment. I am hoping for Gambit. And if they do use Gambit. I hope he is played by Harry Connick Jr.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, all rumors about Gambit have been denied many times, so I don't think we'll see it. (BTW, I always thought Jean Claude VanDamn would make a good Gambit, but not right now)

Rumors of Nightcrawler are still around, tho...

Jason

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, I always thought Jean Claude VanDamn would make a good Gambit
Uh, you do realize that Gambit is from New Orleans? I shudder to think how badly VanDamme would butcher that accent.

I agree with Todd, Harry Conick jr would be great.

They should use some of the characters they showed in the school during the first one like Iceman or Shadowcat.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Nightcrawler is all but officially confirmed.
nightcrawler86.jpg

Nobody else (besides the principal returning cast) is though and Singer says that Gambit is nowhere in the script which makes me happy because I think Gambit sucks. :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere that Gambits character does appear although hes a "new mutant".Hes referred to by his real name,which I dont know, I had stopped reading the book the time he appeared.

The addition of Nightcrawler both suprises me and delights me. I thought for sure theyd go for the marketable Gambit-Its early though and anything can change like Beast being dropped from the first movie(a big mistake I think).

Its also possible Iceman will have a larger role.

I think its good theyre gonna concentrate on the characters already established and hopefully this movie wont focus too much on Wolverine and well get to see the other characters shine a bit.Im a bit worried that with Prof X,Magneto,Wolv most likely taking up alot of screentime-many characters are going to be left in the background again.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
Anybody have a clue who's gonna play Nightcrawler? I'm so shocked to discover he's gonna be in I can't even think of who I'd like to see play him.

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
The first one seemed to heavily foreshadow the sequel, at least IMHO. I mean --here's some plot points that I see as likely:

-Wolverine goes to the mountains to investigate his background. Gets captured. Rogue probably goes after him, maybe with Iceman. X-men have to follow to get the kids.

-Mystique will be back.

-Magneto will escape his prison, maybe with the help of some new villains, or the old brotherhood(toad is supposed to be in the new, according to IMDB).

-Maybe they even pass that bill, the mutant registration act. They "come for your kids." We all "feel a great swell of pity." As the kids lose their self-control, run away from the school, and hurt the army/whatever coming to get them. The public becomes truly aware of the mutant situation, as out-of-control kids end up in their communities. This leads to negative public opinion . . and so on. . .and so on.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Last I heard on X2 is that Nightcrawler would be the only significant new mutant to show up. I think the rumors of Gambit as Remy LeBeau being involved are still out there but I'm not sure. Storyline currently is rumored to involve the legacy virus
. Also, Magento apparently gets broken out of prison by the X-Men themselves
. Last rumor - there appears to be no Sabretooth or Toad in the next one, though again - it is still early.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
We should ask David Hayter (he wrote the script for XM 1 and 2). The reason I know he wrote it is because he does the voice of the main character in Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2...anyway...

I hope we see some cool stuff!!!

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
I think they should get a German actor to play Nightcrawler. There are SO many underappreciated European actors out there. I don't have one in mind, but I'm sure there are tons out there who would be very good for the part. Nightcrawler's accent, at least in my head, is VERY thick... I don't think an American or Englishman could pull it off effectiviely. But, this is a Hollywood blockbuster, so I'm sure they'll use some big name Hollywood actor. (although they didn't for Wolverine...) :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
We should ask David Hayter (he wrote the script for XM 1 and 2).
Actually, with the X1 script he had unofficial help from other people who have tried to write the script and this time FOX got him and Zak Penn to write their own X2 scripts then have Singer and Hayter combine them, but apparently, Penn's and Hayter's scripts both suck. So hopefully, since Singer knows a good script story when he sees it, he'll make it work well. :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I think they should get a German actor to play Nightcrawler. There are SO many underappreciated European actors out there. I don't have one in mind, but I'm sure there are tons out there who would be very good for the part. Nightcrawler's accent, at least in my head, is VERY thick... I don't think an American or Englishman could pull it off effectiviely. But, this is a Hollywood blockbuster, so I'm sure they'll use some big name Hollywood actor. (although they didn't for Wolverine...)
I agree. There are no big actors or moderate sized actors that can take on the part and are German, that I know of and I even did a fairly thorough Internet search to see if I could find one. Unfortunately, I came up with nothing, but I'm sure that if Singer went over to Germany to cast the part, he'd find someone that would do damn well. :)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I want Colossus, Banshee, Angel, Thunderbird, Iceman. I really want the Sentinels as the villain!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think they should get a German actor to play Nightcrawler. There are SO many underappreciated European actors out there. I don't have one in mind, but I'm sure there are tons out there who would be very good for the part. Nightcrawler's accent, at least in my head, is VERY thick... I don't think an American or Englishman could pull it off effectiviely. But, this is a Hollywood blockbuster, so I'm sure they'll use some big name Hollywood actor. (although they didn't for Wolverine...)
I agree. OTOH, if they did go with a known Hollywood actor, which they probably will, I'd be happy with Jude Law playing Nightcrawler if he could get the accent. Excellent actor, known but not really a huge star, and he has a certain presence that I think is similar to Kurt's (I think he'd make an excellent Angel too, btw).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Norm. I would love to see Thunderbird and the Sentinels.
I dont think we'll see Colossus in a XMen movie :frowning:

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I just hope they stick with the classic characters/storylines and not the newer ones. I grew up reading those great Chris Claremont, John Byrne & Terry Austin issues from the late 70's & early 80's.

That being said these characters would make me very happy.

COLLOSSUS

NIGHTCRAWLER

BEAST

ANGEL

villians

HELLFIRE CLUB

JUGGERNAUGHT

SENTINELS

I also hope they add more depth of character to CYCLOPS & STORM.

As far as storylines for the future.

DARK PHOENIX storyline.

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST storyline - Another source that seems JAMES CAMERON "borrowed" from to script one of his films.

PROTEUS storyline.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I would definitely love to see Colossus, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Iceman, Beast, Juggernaut, the Sentinels, Apocolypse, and...oh I've wasted my life:frowning: j/k. Hopefully this movie will be good. I liked the first one.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'm really surprised at no Gambit. It seemed like he was the most popular mutant left out of the original movie, so I would have almost be on him to be in this movie. It's a missed opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks