What's new

What mutants do you think we will see in X-men 2?... (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
If the plot does revolve around the legacy virus, wouldnt the expected villan be Stryfe? (Thats probably spelled wrong - its been a long time since I read an XMen Book)

And if we get him wouldnt we also get Cable?

Although, once I think about it that might be a bit much for new XMen fans to take in.

I was also really surprised there is no Gambit to be found. Although, hes such a fan favorite they may just be keeping him secret. If not, oh well. I was also hoping for Apocolypse or Juggernaut to be the main villians, but it doesnt look like that will happen.

JQ

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Gambit must be the "new school" favorite. I am like Jim K., in that I grew up with Claremont/Byrne as my favorite influence. It is somewhat clear that the folks in the first movie are the same. Hellfire Club would be a great group of villians (and stylish looking for the film) but I see the evil Government storyline to continue...with hopefully the addition of Sentinels. I think the movie characters are more "organic" than the comic, though, so I see more down to earth sized villians and not the giant robot style...which again leads me to love the Hellfire Club. Hmmm... Is Singer still involved? I had read somewhere (on here, I think) that he is backing out because the script sucks and that the suits are mucking it up (what?! In La-La Land?! Nooo!). If he is involved, then I am excited about the film again...if not, well..we can always hope Raimi's superhero flick works.
As for Nightcrawler (one of my favs as a kid), a cool German actor would do...hmmm...don't know any young ones. There was the boyfriend in Run Lola Run but he struck me as more "punk" than Kurt would be. Jude Law could definitely work too if we are expanding the borders, though. Hmmm...
Phil

Rob T

Screenwriter
I want Colossus, Banshee, Angel, Thunderbird, Iceman. I really want the Sentinels as the villain!
Colssus and Thunderbird has cameos in X1. Don't ever expect to see Banshee or Angel.

The Sentinels will most likely be in X2.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'm really surprised at no Gambit. It seemed like he was the most popular mutant left out of the original movie, so I would have almost be on him to be in this movie. It's a missed opportunity.
Gambit is a fan favourite, but he is not a freak. He is not Professer Xavier's dream made manifest. Nightcrawler is. He's a mutant and his physical appearance really shows it. He was a known mutant from the day that he was born because he was covered in blue fur. I doubt that Gambit was ever hated by people right away.

Gambit also has too many similarities with Logan and his powers already exist, somewhat, in other current members.

If he is in it at all, it'll be a short cameo.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Gambit, in addition to the point made about his character seeming too similar to Wolverine, his popularity is actually kind of deceptive. He was an extremely popular character in the early 90's, when X-Men was a huge seller but was critically lambasted. However, in the years since, he's lost most of that popularity and is actually despised by a certain percentage of fans. His ongoing monthly series was cancelled recently after a relatively disappointing run (only something like 30 issues, IIRC). I think it's questionable how marketable the character actually is at this point.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for the Hellfire Club(My favorite XMen baddies). Singer had said awhile back he was very interested in the Proteus storyline, I guess he changed his mind. As far as I know Singer wants to do all 3 XMen movies before he walks away from the franchise.
I'm also a "Claremont/Byrne run" worshipper:D

Rob T

Screenwriter
Another vote for the Hellfire Club(My favorite XMen baddies). Singer had said awhile back he was very interested in the Proteus storyline, I guess he changed his mind. As far as I know Singer wants to do all 3 XMen movies befoe he walks away from the franchise.
Actually, what he he said was is that Proteus is his favourite character, but doing the Proteus story line would be very very costly in the CGI department and I doubt Singer wants to go in that direction.
The Sentinels can be made smaller so they're not so costly. :)

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
There was the boyfriend in Run Lola Run but he struck me as more "punk" than Kurt would be.
His name is (possible spelling errors be damned) Moritz Bleibtrau. The "punk" aspect doesn't worry me so much, but he seems too bulky to be Nightcrawler. Maybe he could let his body waste away a little, because I'd be a lot happier to see him in the part than what Hwood is likely to come up with.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Storm is going to get a "haircut." Weird.. I'd like to see Sinister or a Spiderman cameo but I so unbelievably doubt that. Cool duo though IMO.

-Bert

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I remember around 1983, when they gave Storm the Mohawk, I said the same thing "WTF,wierd" It just seemed so out of character, which I think was the point behind doing it.
You guys make me want to pull those issues out of the boxes and read them,maybe during the holidays :D

Rob T

Screenwriter
yeah she'll be getting rid of the long hair so hopefully she'll get rid of the bangs which will make many Storm fans very happy.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I remember watching X-men on Fox Saturday morning. Wolverine was my favorite character. The fight scenes between Wolverine and Sabretooth were awesome. I would like to see Omega Red as a villian For X2.

Am I right or am I remembering wrong... is't Rogue able to fly???? Is she going to fly in X2.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
as for rouge flying.. im sure they will play around with that. in the comic she got the flight powers from someone.. i think marvel girl or sumthing like that. so she may have it from magneto at this point. i really am shocked at no gambit.. i really am. i always thought gambit was a cool character and his whole thing with rouge made me think for sure he'd be in the next movie if nothing else to add a lil love triangle between iceman, rouge and himself. if nightcrawler really is the only addition.. i am really disappointed. i mean the thing with the xmen was there were soo many mutants. i mean granted you can only fit so many into a two hour movie.. but i mean they need to add more of them. beast, nightcrawler, and one more hero would be good. and they need at least two more villians. thats my thoughts on it anyway. :alien:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Flight is not one of Rogues mutant powers.

She got that by absorbing the powers of Ms Marvel(Avengers Annual #10-awesome comic pick it up!!). You wont be seeig Rogue fly in the XMen movies.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I don't understand. I thought Rogue only acquired another mutants powers for a short time...???

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
That's technically correct. However, in the comics, Rogue actually started out as a supervillain working for Mystique. When Rogue attacked Ms. Marvel and tried to absorb her powers, a one-in-a-million fluke occurred and the transfer became permanent. So Rogue got Ms. Marvel's powers of superstrength and flight. The trauma of the experience eventually lead to Rogue going to Professor Xavier to seek help for better controlling her absorbing powers.
Personally, I like Rogue in the film much, much better than in the comics. Getting rid of the flying and superstrength gives the character a badly needed directness and simplicity, and plus, movie Rogue's accent is much better than in the comics :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Id have to take out the comic and read it(Good idea,Ill do that today :D)but she held for a very long time and it was a permanent exchange. Ms Marvels lost her powers because of the Rogues attack(she was a Member of the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants at the time).
She had also absorbed the powers of a few others-Capt America,Thor and those were temperary.
The theory I guess(again its been SO LONG Id have to read up on it) is that if she holds on long enough, permanent absorbion of powers is possible and even death. Rogue had not anticipating that happening and thats eventually how she ended up with the X-Men.She had gone to Xavier for help (and wasnt well received-the XMen make a appearance in Avengers Annual 10)because the permanent exchange with Marvel caused all sorts of problems - Along with her powers,Rogue also began experiencing mental problems she couldnt cope with = Ms Marvels/Carol Danvers memories,fears,personality etc
Anyone whos a more recent fan should really look this book up-its the first aapearance of Rogue and her appearance is drastically different from how people see her now-far from the "bombshell"which is how shes been drawn for a while.She had very short hair and was drawn in a unattractive way.
Great comic book written by Chris Claremont and awesome art by Michael Golden.
I'll scan some pics and provide a link later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks