What's new

What mutants do you think we will see in X-men 2?... (1 Viewer)

JoeDelan

Stunt Coordinator
Didnt Rogue also get her White Streak from Downing Ms Marvel?

Who would I like to see?

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

Avalanche

Colossus

IceMan

Havok

Beast(Human Form)

Juggernaut

Morlocks

Cable

Sentinels

And what the heck...

The Beyonder!

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Uh, you do realize that Gambit is from New Orleans? I shudder to think how badly VanDamme would butcher that accent.
You do realize that Van Damme played a pretty good cajun in John Woo's Hard Target. I remember thinking at the time how that role could have propelled him to starring as a live-action Gambit (the accent, the look, the moves). But that was almost 10 years ago, and Jean-Claude has lost a few moves, so...
I'm just disappointed there will be no Gambit in the sequel.
:frowning:

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
as for rouge flying.. im sure they will play around with that. in the comic she got the flight powers from someone.. i think marvel girl or sumthing like that. so she may have it from magneto at this point.
Well, judging from this quote, your saying that rogue might gain her flight powers from Magneto, but if you watch the film closely, Magneto has metal on his boots therefore he just used his magnetic powers to lift himself up. I remember that because there's a shot that shows his boots and you can see some metal on it...I think it's the train station sequence, not sure though. Oh and why in the world would anyone want Jean Claude Van Damme in an X-Men movie, do you want the movie to suck because of him? All we need is for him to start making his karate noises and stuff on-screen...lol... :D

JoeDelan

Stunt Coordinator
Actually Luis, Magneto can fly by causing a Magnetic field to float him into the air. He does not need the metal boots. And if it came down to it, he could use the Iron in your blood against you, which might be a plausible way for him to get out of prison.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Joe's correct. Magneto simply creates a magnetic field and uses it to lift him up into the air (I think) by creating a similar charge below him to get the initial rise, and then performing the same feat behind him to move forward and such. Although, there's a very good chance I could be way off :)

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Actually Luis, Magneto can fly by causing a Magnetic field to float him into the air. He does not need the metal boots. And if it came down to it, he could use the Iron in your blood against you, which might be a plausible way for him to get out of prison.
Well, I know exactly what you guys are saying but I knew it because of the comic books not from the movie. In the movie they didn't explain how he flies...but they gave the hint of his boots...with a very cool shot I enjoyed. But, to the person who knows of the X-Men only through the film, they might not know this so they would be kinda lost if you think about it...but then again I could be wrong...hehe.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well I know close to nothing about Xmen. So this might make some of you angry, but I hope the same characters are played by the same actors, like Hugh Jackman, and they are still "main" characters. I'd hate to see wolverine come back and not be as important as the first, because he was such an important character in the first movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think you have to worry on that count. Jackman carried the first film, and Singer and the writers have to know that.

Darn shame if it's true Nightcrawler and Pyro will be the only new mutants. I was hoping for Beast and Colossus (in addition to Nightcrawler). It'd be a little top-heavy, yeah, but I'd rather jettison some of the current team for those three. Not sure who, though.

BTW, the story above makes no mention of these two being the only new mutants. The Monday edition of Dark Horizons reports that as being in the Hollywood Reporter piece.

Oh, well. We're getting Nightcrawler as a major character, and that's fantastic. I'll miss the interplay between him and Colossus (and Kitty, actually), but I'll get over it. And, who knows? Kitty did cameo in the first one, so maybe there'll be something there.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Alan Cumming is Nightcrawler? That's a little...weird.

A friend of mine who is really into broadway shows knows him I think. Either that or she's a huge fan and I'm confusing him with some other broadway person she knows.

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
(in Russian accent) "I am INVINCIBLE!"
oops.. sorry for that outburst :D
I hope we get to see some action in the Danger Room!

ShawnCoghill

Stunt Coordinator
Well most of the cast is already signed on for a 3rd film as well,,I hope Gambit gets in there,Also I belive The Blob is going to be in the 2nd film,along with ones already mentioned,,The Beast,Nightcrawler,ect.From what Ive heard,There will be several cameos by some of the mutants,although im not sure who,and they will just be cameos,but perhaps get a bigger part in 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks