What's new

We need a time frame for Christmas Specials (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
While some specials are easier to find out when they are on (Simpson, the Christmas block on Cartoon Network), but then there is shows that I have no bloody idea when they are shown. Like Frosty the Snowman (classic, not sequel). It used to be this be easily found on CBS, but now it some random day on ABC. Maybe a time frame of all the important Christmas specials is needed.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Here are the ones I know:

Frosty - this past Friday, sorry you missed it.
Charlie Brown - Tuesday 12/2 8 PM ABC
Rudolph - Tuesday 12/9 8 PM, CBS
Grinch - Mon- Thurs 12/1-12/4 Cartoon Network
The Year without a Santa Claus - Tuesday 12/2 - ABC Family

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"The Year Without a Santa Claus" is airing on the ABC Family channel against "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on ABC this Tuesday at 8:00.

Regards,

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
"The Year Without a Santa Claus" is airing on the ABC Family channel against "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on ABC this Tuesday at 8:00.
:rolleyes

Yet another reason ABC=Another Bad Choice

I've hated the fact that ABC has the rights to most of the good Christmas shows. Especially since they do not show the Garfield specials, but choose to show some trite Winnie the Pooh nonsense.

Chris

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Todd- thanks for the list. If you could edit your thread to include any new ones I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. :) I also wish they played the specials during the weekend, more than once would be cool too!

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Frosty - this past Friday, sorry you missed it.
Why does CBS always show that lame "Frosty Returns" show (which has nothing to do with the original except for having a snowman character named Frosty) after "Frosty the Snowman"? I was looking at imdb and there was an actual Frosty sequel (made by Rankin-Bass) called "Frosty's Winter Wonderland". I wish they would show that one instead, because I haven't seen it.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Emmitt Otters Jug Band Christmas has always been a favorite of mine. Any body know if this will air this holiday season?

James T

Screenwriter
How about It's A Bundyful life or whatever the Married with Children title is? I haven't seen that in years and I heard Fox cleared a spot for the special...just dunno when

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Fox cleared a spot for the special...just dunno when
I am near certain that it will be on Dec. 15

Tonight is A Charlie Brown Christmas.
(rant mode)
Next Tuesday at 8pm on ABC is an all-new Charlie Brown Christmas Special - "I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown" in which Linus and Lucy's younger brother Rerun makes an appearance and attempts to buy Snoopy for the grand sum of $0.16. Failing that, he turns his attention to Spike, Snoopy's desert dwelling brother who is in town for the holidays. 1hr long.

Now why rant about this?

Simple, corporate ratings greed. Rather than programming shows for families to be able to sit down and watch together, making holiday memories, the fat-cats can only think of one thing: WE MUST HAVE THE BEST RATINGS.

So what is scheduled against this all-new CB special? Rudolph on CBS :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why could these not be scheduled on different night? There is no good reason why.

Of course it is pure semantic to me as I will not honor CBS or their advertisers. My Rudolph commercial free DVD is ready to be viewed at my leisure.

But for all the families who will have to choose between a classic, and a possible new classic, I say bah-humbug to the true grinches of Christmas, the "ratings-greedy" programmers and execs.

(/rant)

Chris

James T

Screenwriter
I forgot about Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas special. I don't know if I'm remembering the episode right(Alvin gives up his harmonica to a kid?). I'd like to see that as well.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Don't forget the new Charlie Brown special tonight. It seems like it will be fairly decent, Re-run is a card. I will be taping this and eagerly waiting on next years DVD release.

Chris

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I only caught the last 25 minutes of the new Charlie Brown special, but it looked like a nice addition.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I love Rerun's (and Lucy and Linus') mom! She's a cyclist and I thought it was hilarious when Rerun is on the back of her bike and he's commenting all the parked cars she's hit and "watch out for that tree".. And Rerun even throws a sneaker at a German Shepherd... Wonderful, very insightful, and it just made my day, how true!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks