What's new

Warner Bros Archive Wish List 2022 and Beyond!! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anand
Yeah, Sam Peckinpaw in 4K!!! And it is a classic!!
yep. I would also like to see Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, and Straw Dogs in 4K UHD, especially since we have 4K scans of their respective source material already. And maybe Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid in 4K, if it can be done.

But definitely The Wild Bunch, Peckinpah's great epic western, in 4K.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
yep. I would also like to see Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, and Straw Dogs in 4K UHD, especially since we have 4K scans of their respective source material already. And maybe Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid in 4K, if it can be done.

But definitely The Wild Bunch, Peckinpah's great epic western, in 4K.
Arrow did a wonderful BD of Major Dundee, with both the theatrical and Directors cut versions!!

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Arrow did a wonderful BD of Major Dundee, with both the theatrical and Directors cut versions!!
I'm fine w Straw Dogs and Alfredo Garcia as they are. 4k would be fine but those are both really grainy 70s films (Garcia is a mess technically at times.) Not sure I really need to see more detail in any of those two films (which again are among my personal faves and are 70s cinema landmarks.

F451

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
13754652744_e8a88b7346_b.jpg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yes, please. Enormously touching, sensitive performance by Mr. O’Toole. At least equal to if not surpassing that of Oscar winning Mr. Donat.
And a wonderful role for a young Petula Clark as well. A draft of a musical adaptation of Goodbye, Mr. Chips was on file in the M-G-M script department since 1951.[2] In 1964, with Julie Andrews flush from the success of Mary Poppins, trade magazine advertisements announced she would star opposite Rex Harrison, with Vincente Minnelli listed as director, but nothing came of the project. A few years later, it was back on track with its share of pre-production problems, including several changes in the casting of the lead roles. First, Richard Burton and Samantha Eggar were signed. Then Lee Remick replaced Eggar.[3] Gower Champion, who had replaced Minnelli as director, viewed raw footage of Petula Clark in Finian's Rainbow(1968), fired Remick and replaced her with Clark. Remick sued MGM for damages.[4] Burton balked at playing opposite a "pop singer," and he was replaced by Peter O'Toole. Champion also eventually resigned,[5] and the film ultimately became the first-time directorial effort of choreographer Herbert Ross.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
do you see,the spitfire grill,stars ellen burstyn and alison elliot,this movie when she was released from jail,percy talbot,travels to maine looking for a new beginning,when she came back,she finds a job at a restaurant,owned by a crabby waitress,she is also befriends with a waitress named shelby and beginning a new romance with a attractive local man named joe,when hannah falls ill,percy plans to help her sell the restaurant,shelby's husband became suspicious of the
intensions,it's in the likes of nell,and benny and joon this 90's family/teen movie is in the same catagory women who have mutiple disabilities,i've seen it ,i've actually liked it,it was pretty good.defintly worth watching.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
And a wonderful role for a young Petula Clark as well. A draft of a musical adaptation of Goodbye, Mr. Chips was on file in the M-G-M script department since 1951.[2] In 1964, with Julie Andrews flush from the success of Mary Poppins, trade magazine advertisements announced she would star opposite Rex Harrison, with Vincente Minnelli listed as director, but nothing came of the project. A few years later, it was back on track with its share of pre-production problems, including several changes in the casting of the lead roles. First, Richard Burton and Samantha Eggar were signed. Then Lee Remick replaced Eggar.[3] Gower Champion, who had replaced Minnelli as director, viewed raw footage of Petula Clark in Finian's Rainbow(1968), fired Remick and replaced her with Clark. Remick sued MGM for damages.[4] Burton balked at playing opposite a "pop singer," and he was replaced by Peter O'Toole. Champion also eventually resigned,[5] and the film ultimately became the first-time directorial effort of choreographer Herbert Ross.
I love that movie, but it never had to be a musical. I don't know why Peter O'Toole of all people starred in two musicals. Yikes. It was a weird trend in those days to film musicals with people who shouldn't even sing in the shower, and then not bother to dub them. Paint Your Wagon was worse, but this genre went on and on throughout the 70s until the Wiz came out and there you had Diana Ross and Michael Jackson who can actually, you know--sing.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I'm fine w Straw Dogs and Alfredo Garcia as they are. 4k would be fine but those are both really grainy 70s films (Garcia is a mess technically at times.) Not sure I really need to see more detail in any of those two films (which again are among my personal faves and are 70s cinema landmarks.
BMTHOAG gets better every time I see it. There's so much going on in it. One of the great movies of the 70s. Bleak as F but probably one of the most authentic expressions of dreams, desperation, Nixon-era cynicism committed to film. BMTHOAG and The Wild Bunch are great bookends - Peckinpah at his most epic and his most concentrated.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
"The Year of Living Dangerously," "The Devil's Doorway," "The Tall Target," "The Pride of the Marines," "The Prisoner of Zenda" (both versions), "Scaramouche," John Ford's "The Fugitive," "Desperate Journey," "Executive Suite," "The Narrow Margin," "Random Harvest," "The Late Show," "Night of the Iguana," "Captain Blood," "Gentleman Jim" "The Roaring Twenties," "The Late Show," "A Day at the Races," "The Search," "Adam's Rib," 1925 "Ben-Hur," 1949 "Little Women"....many others

Last edited:

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Anyone know if any of these are currently with Warner?

"Man With Bogart's Face, The" (1980)

"Stand and Deliver" (1987) (released on DVD by WB in fullscreen-only)

"Andersonville" (1996) (miniseries) released on DVD fullscreen (as originally presented on TV, ofc) but filmed in widescreen/HD

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I love that movie, but it never had to be a musical. I don't know why Peter O'Toole of all people starred in two musicals. Yikes. It was a weird trend in those days to film musicals with people who shouldn't even sing in the shower, and then not bother to dub them.
Well, they did dub him in Man of La Mancha but with Simon Gilbert who, to my ear, was not a great singer.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I think I saw part of it in the after school program I was in at the time that it was released on VHS. I only have really a vague memory of it. It's not one of the more known adaptations of the King Arthur stories.
I second the O.P.'s choices of SINBAD THE SAILOR (RKO), NORTHWEST PASSAGE (MGM) and THE CANTERVILLE GHOST (MGM), the latter which looked like crap on DVD.

In addition, I would love to see, From Warner Bros.:

CAPTAIN BLOOD
BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS
CARNY
CAGED!
COUNTDOWN (ALTMAN)
DR. ERLICH'S MAGIC BULLET
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA
NORTH COUNTRY
GOING IN STYLE (1976)
THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER
KING'S ROW
LAND OF THE PHARAOHS
THE LATE SHOW
THE ROARING TWENTIES
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA
RACHEL, RACHEL
THE SUNDOWNERS
WHITE HUNTER, BLACK HEART

From R.K.O.:

I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE
7TH VICTIM,
TOP HAT
THE BOY WITH GREEN HAIR,
NARROW MARGIN (1952)
ROOM SERVICE
THE INFORMER
I REMEMBER MAMA
TALL IN THE SADDLE
LITTLE WOMEN (1933)

From MGM:

BEN HUR (1925)
ADAM'S RIB
CAPTAIN SINDBAD
A DAY AT THE RACES
EDGE OF THE CITY
FREAKS
THE GAZEBO
THE GREAT ZIEGFELD
GREEN MANSIONS
KING SOLOMPN'S MINES (1950)
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
NIGHT OF THE IGUANA
OUR MOTHER'S HOUSE
PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID
THE POWER
QUEEN CHRISTINA
RED BADGE OF COURAGE
SCARAMOUCHE
THE SEARCH
7 FACES OF DR. LAO
SHOOT THE MOON
tomb thumb
WHOSE LIFE IS IT ANYWAY
YOUNG CASSIDY

Too much to ask? View attachment 145155 :blink: View attachment 145155

I second the O.P.'s choices of SINBAD THE SAILOR (RKO), NORTHWEST PASSAGE (MGM) and THE CANTERVILLE GHOST (MGM), the latter which looked like crap on DVD.

In addition, I would love to see, From Warner Bros.:

CAPTAIN BLOOD
BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS
CARNY
CAGED!
COUNTDOWN (ALTMAN)
DR. ERLICH'S MAGIC BULLET
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA
NORTH COUNTRY
GOING IN STYLE (1976)
THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER
KING'S ROW
LAND OF THE PHARAOHS
THE LATE SHOW
THE ROARING TWENTIES
LIFE OF EMILE ZOLA
RACHEL, RACHEL
THE SUNDOWNERS
WHITE HUNTER, BLACK HEART

From R.K.O.:

I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE
7TH VICTIM,
TOP HAT
THE BOY WITH GREEN HAIR,
NARROW MARGIN (1952)
ROOM SERVICE
THE INFORMER
I REMEMBER MAMA
TALL IN THE SADDLE
LITTLE WOMEN (1933)

From MGM:

BEN HUR (1925)
ADAM'S RIB
CAPTAIN SINDBAD
A DAY AT THE RACES
EDGE OF THE CITY
FREAKS
THE GAZEBO
THE GREAT ZIEGFELD
GREEN MANSIONS
KING SOLOMPN'S MINES (1950)
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
NIGHT OF THE IGUANA
OUR MOTHER'S HOUSE
PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID
THE POWER
QUEEN CHRISTINA
RED BADGE OF COURAGE
SCARAMOUCHE
THE SEARCH
7 FACES OF DR. LAO
SHOOT THE MOON
tomb thumb
WHOSE LIFE IS IT ANYWAY
YOUNG CASSIDY

Too much to ask? View attachment 145155 :blink: View attachment 145155
tomb thumb? Is that a horror movie about a disembodied thumb trying to hitchhike back to the cemetery?

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
tomb thumb? Is that a horror movie about a disembodied thumb trying to hitchhike back to the cemetery?
it's a children's movie from the 50's about a woodcutter,who decide not chop down the tree,in the forrest,where he got three wishes,two were wasted with his bickering wife,and tom decides go on a village where they finally listen to him.and then runs into villian named ivan and tony.it's a perfect family movie.

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
I will always be glad with any golden age release, but my most wanted titles are:

MGM
Random Harvest
A Woman's Face
Johnny Eager
Northwest Passage
Boom Town
Strange Cargo
Good bye Mr. Chips
Test Pilot
Weekend at the Waldorf
The White Cliffs of Dover
Red Dust
Blossoms in the Dust
A Date With Judy
Words and Music
Till the Clouds Roll by
Two Weeks with Love
Barkleys of Broadway
Kismet
Scaramouche
Born to Dance
The Shining Hour
Three Comrades
Night Must Fall
Little Women
Human Comedy
Cry Havoc

WB
All this and Heaven too
The Great Lie
In this Our Life
The Old Maid
The Roaring Twenties
Nora Prentiss
The Unfaithful
Humoresque
Nora Prentiss
Strawberry Blonde
They Died with their boots on
Night and Day
Look for the Silver Lining
Daughter of Rosie O'Gradie
Kings Row
They Drive by Night
Gentleman Jim
The Desert Song (1943
The Constant Nymph

RKO
Top Hat
Bachelor Mother
Vivacious Lady
Alice Adams
Stage Door
My Favorite Wife
Kitty Foyle
Little Women
Shall we dance

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
My WAC wish list for this year and beyond (be it DVD or streaming)...

Hanna-Barbera:
Cattanooga Cats (1969)
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (CBS) (1972-73)
These Are the Days (1974-75)
The (New) Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show (1975)
The Mumbly Cartoon Show (1976)
CB Bears/Heyyy, It's the King! (1977)
Skatebirds/The Three Robonic Stooges (1977-78)
Yogi's Space Race (original 90 minute/1 hour series) (1978-79)
Jana of the Jungle (1978)
The New Fred and Barney Show (1979)
Casper and the Angels (1979)
The New Shmoo (1979)
The Flintstone Comedy Show (NBC) (1980-81)
Trollkins (1981)
The Gary Coleman Show (1982)
Yogi's Treasure Hunt (1985-88)
Wildfire (1986)
The Addams Family (1992 animated series)

Ruby-Spears:
Fangface (and Fangpuss) (1978-80)
Mighty Man and Yukk (1979-80)
Rickety Rocket (1979-80)
The Plastic Man/Baby Plas Super Comedy Show (1980)
Heathcliff and Marmaduke (1981)
Goldie Gold and Action Jack (1981)
Mister T (seasons 2-3, 1984-85)
Police Academy: The (Animated) Series (episodes 32-65) (1988)

Blu-Ray remasters wanted:
Top Cat (1961-62)
The Magilla Gorilla Show (1964-66)
The Peter Potamus Show (1964-66)
The Atom Ant Show (1965-66)
The Secret Squirrel Show (1965-66)
Wacky Races (1968)
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines (1969-70)
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop (1969-70)
The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (1971-72)
Goober and the Ghost Chasers (1973)
Inch High, Private Eye (1973)
The Addams Family (1973 animated series)
Hong Kong Phooey (1974)
Devlin (1974)
Valley of the Dinosaurs (1974)
Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch (1974)
Clue Club (1976)
Jabberjaw (1976)
The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (1976)
Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels (1977-80)
Plastic Man (1979-80)
The Super Globetrotters (1979)
The Kwicky Koala Show (1981)
Pac-Man (1982-83)
Shirt Tales (1982-83)
Snorks (1984-88)

~Ben

Robert Saccone

Premium
Would love to see the uncut version of Dan Curtis’ Night of Dark Shadows which was heavily cut when it was released. I understand all the cut footage has been found and restored but that Warner has no interest in putting it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks